Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

Alpha

Code:
    01:01:30 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    01:01:30 [WARNING] **** NOT ENOUGH RAM!
    01:01:30 [WARNING] To start the server with more ram, launch it as "java -Xmx102
    4M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar"
    01:01:30 [INFO] Loading properties
    01:01:30 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 5.230.204.126:25565
    01:01:30 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-470-
    g8642b13-b452jnks (MC: 1.3)
    01:01:30 [INFO] Preparing level "world5"
    01:01:30 [INFO] Preparing start region
    01:01:31 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 32%
    01:01:32 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 97%
    01:01:33 [INFO] Creating config plugins\Essentials\config.yml
    01:01:33 [SEVERE] Failed to write config plugins\Essentials\config.yml
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: plugins\Essentials\config.yml (The system cannot
    find the path specified)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsConf.createFromTemplate(EssentialsC
    onf.java:51)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsConf.load(EssentialsConf.java:31)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Settings.<init>(Settings.java:19)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:123)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:117)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:419)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:187)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    01:01:33 [SEVERE] null (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsConf.createFromTemplate(EssentialsC
    onf.java:65)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsConf.load(EssentialsConf.java:31)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Settings.<init>(Settings.java:19)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:123)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:117)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:419)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:187)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:80)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    01:01:33 [INFO] Done (0.250s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >
    This is what happends when I try to run the server... what am I doing wrong?

3. Offline

Legionarius

iChat fails regardless of what I do. Prefixes are not being read. Only thing that changes was updated to new merged essentials package (and essentialsChat). Get cannot find prefix for default group.... on everything.

4. Offline

scalbane

Same errors here... strange thing was that i was just doing a normal restart (worked fine before) and then that came up and certain things wont work anymore.

5. Offline

thejonesyboy

Yes this is a SEVERE issue with the latest update.

Only happens with a fresh install (I'm on bukkit#551), or delete/rename your old plugins/Essentials config directory to reproduce the problem.

Also, even worse, if you create an empty plugins/Essentials directory, the plugin will create and begin to write to an infinitely large plugins/Essentials/config.yml file.

6. Offline

BearFather

I'm having two issues with the latest build. Im running bukkit 531 with AntiGrief, Essentials, EssentialsChat, EssentialsSpawn, groupmanager, MobControl, MyHome, MywWarp, StarGate, WorldEdit, WorldGuard

First issue is when do /kit <anything> I get
    Code:
    That kit does not exist or is improperly defined.
    Perhaps an item is missing a quantity in the configuration?
    So maybe thinking when I copied over my kit list I screwed up a line, looked through it and saw nothing wrong, so I regen the config file by renaming mine and I still get the error with default config file.

Second issue is in chat. I have these settings,
    Code:
     # If you want the default chat format, uncomment the next line and comment the other format.
      format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
      #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'

# You can also have group-specific formats:
      group-formats:
        Default: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
        Admins: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    Now when ever I type something in chat it shows my class, I tried changing my class to default and I still see it. I have checked groupmanager for the prefix and its color code which is what I want, but I cant find a where its being selected. I even tried commenting out the group-formats lines and no help.

7. Offline

Mattie112

Code:
    chat:
      radius: 0

# If you want the default chat format, uncomment the next line and comment the other format.
      #format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
      format: '&f{DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'

# You can also have group-specific formats:
      group-formats:
       # Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'
         Admins: '&c[Admin]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

However: it's still: [Group] Nick: message

Am i just stupid or what?

(it should only say the group when the player is an admin)

8. Offline

Heinz Harald

with new essentials /time and /tp doesnt work. It says i havent sufficient permissions. Iam Admin.

9. Offline

curtanee

how do i set each ranks commands?

10. Offline

kazimir

Hmmm... i updated to 2.0.293. Now i start the server and it creates a nether.
    I can also change world with /world, but i set nether enabled=false in config.
    Is there a way to completey disable nether?

11. Offline

TMBuM

check your user permissions if using the groupmanager plugin that comes with essentials i didnt realise it was allowing other users when using the /Help command to see an admin list of cammands . . has anyone els got this problem?

12. Offline

Endimmion

Since using Essentials, all ban functions don't work. I'm now using Essentials 2.0.293 with CraftBukkit #531.

When I ban somebody, He get kicked but he can come back immediatly.
    If I restart my server with Essentials removed, now ban functions work and people banned can't come back.

Have anybody else this issue?

13. Offline

grizzlymann

I'm having an issue with warps no longer working after latest update. Set a warp then if I reload it says no warps found but the warp files still exist.

Also using /item it give a 64 stack when no number is defined regardless of what is set in the config.
    So using just /item [id] gives 64 instead of 1 as set in config.

Sorry if its already known.
    Thanks for the great plugin either way!

14. Offline

Mattie112

Craftbukkit #516
    essentials 2.0.286

Code:
    15:20:00 [INFO] §9[PLAYER_COMMAND] Mattie112: /home
    15:20:00 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.earth2me.essentials.User.get(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;Lorg/bukkit/Server;)Lcom/earth2me/essentials/User;
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at com.earth2me.essentials.home.EssentialsHomeWorker.onCommand(EssentialsHomeWorker.java:22)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at com.earth2me.essentials.home.EssentialsHome.onCommand(EssentialsHome.java:51)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommand(Essentials.java:523)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:183)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:645)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:608)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:602)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    15:20:00 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

same with, /tp, /warp. Please fix this ;)

15. Offline

Alpha

I figured out the problem! For some reason my Essentials config. does not work. Instead of going down the words goes horizontal. How do I fix this?

16. Offline

Slugslug

along with /tp and /warp broke.. I also cannot use /kit .. anyone else got this?

17. Offline

Alpha

How do I get the last Download link?

18. Offline

MgnfcntBstrd

Made a backup of my warps folder and deleted all of the .dat warps.

F:\CraftBukkit\plugins\Essentials\warps>del *.dat

Server loaded without the warp errors and the warps worked without issue.

19. Offline

Endimmion

I've found the problem. It's the EssentialsServerList.jar that cause the baning system problem.
    I have delete it, and now, people banned can't get back in my server.

20. Offline

user_2408

Same here (just confirming this behavior happens).

21. Offline

dervonz

Strange problems here.
    Everything is on fire after 2.0.293 with CraftBukkit #531
    on 2.0.292 with CraftBukkit #531 everything was fine!!

It's coliding with WorldGuard i guess...

I badly need #292 !!! Where can i donwnload that previous version!

Pls help me!

22. Offline

scott1997880

23. Offline

footwo

Apolgies if this has already been asked, but if I create a netherworld, does it still bhave according to the one step = eight steps in the other world rule?

Basically in my normal world I have a circular border set to 2000 blocks from the centre. I'm worried about people going into the nether, then coming back outside of the border and generating new land. Would I have to set a border 1/8th the size? 250 isn't a very big Nether :(

24. same as a few above posters mentioned, if Esssentials 2.0.293 is loaded a "nether" world gets created even if nether is disabled in the config. i need to stop this behavior as i can only run a single world.

Code:
    nether:
      enabled: false
      folder: w-nether
      portals-enabled: false
      generate-exit-portals: false

...funny thing is even when renaming the nether folder to w-nether as seen in the example above ANOTHER nether folder gets created.

Also the Warps dont work anymore. i cleared out all the .dat files and only kept the new .yml ;/ What gives ?

25. Offline

A12621A

I also experienced this (b531). 1.17Gb config.yml??? No Thanks. LoL

26. Offline

MationMac

That is alot of configuration options! :confused:

27. Offline

Ditto8353

Is there a way to add a cost to the [Heal] signs?

28. Offline

FLOKER

Am I the only one having problems with the kits?
    It always says that the kit doesn't exist or isn't proper configured...

Code:
    kits:
      tools:
        delay: 2
        items:
          - 257 1
          - 258 1
          - 256 1

29. Offline

Malix

having this exact same situation, and I kinda would need kits since its the way I've allowed my users to spawn some stuff, its going to be an uprising since its not working :p

/kit lists the defined kits just fine, but every single one of them says its improperly defined or missing quantity and whatnot. Worked just fine prior to updating to essentials 2.0.293

Edit: 2.0.294 fixed everything and my mob is off my back. Thanks a bunch!

30. Offline

bigpaully

every time u reload warps dont work anymore u can set 1 it will show then disconnect and reconnect it says now warps set ?????

(fixed i feel stupid now)

31. Offline

maveriik

I was wondering if this could be implemented:

for teleporting, have a node and command for being able to teleport <player> to <player>
    and if possible teleport <all> to <(a warp or player)>

just wondering :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.