GameMode checker?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by bloodless2010, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Offline

bloodless2010

Plugin category: Not sure about plugin category, it's what I always fail at

Suggested name: GMScanner

What I want: A simple plugin, that checks through every user who has joined the server and checks if they are creative or not, and if they are, send a message in chat or log it somehow.
    EDIT: Well apparently this isn't possible, so many one that checks when a play logs in if they are creative (gms.bypass to bypass) it will turn them back into survival and send a message to everyone online, if the player has gms.bypass it wont turn them back and it wont notify the server

Ideas for commands: /gmscan - scans for the players with GM (offline or online)

Ideas for permissions: gms.scan. Set it to false if they can't read this post.

When I'd like it by: ASAP Please

There are plugins like this, but none scan the offline players, I really need this after the bukkit handshake exploit, a bunch of people got GM 1, so I need to get it sorted! (I want the players names too logged so I can go to their homes and check for stuff)

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

bloodless2010 You can't check the gamemode of offline players at all, unless you store that first somewhere

bloodless2010 likes this.
  3. Offline

bloodless2010

Does essentials store it all? and it MUST be stored in the player.dat file right?

4. Online

bloodless2010 Essentials use the default gamemode option ( obvious ) and everything is stored in the player.dat file, just not everybody knows how to read it

5. Offline

bloodless2010

timtower In that case I have changed the OP post to something a lot more accomplishable

6. Offline

UnlikeAny

It's possible to check and set gamemode for offline payer.

7. Offline

bloodless2010

8. Offline

UnlikeAny

bloodless2010
    I almost made it. It's late where I live, so I have to test and upload the plugin tomorrow.

9. Offline

bobacadodl

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109617084/PlayerManagement.jar
    try that. Untested though!

Permission is playermanagement.gamemode
    Command is /gm [player] to get their gamemode
    /gm survival, /gm 0, /gm creative, /gm 1, /gm adventure, /gm 2, are all used to change your own gamemode
    /gm [mode] [player] sets a players gamemode

Works for offline players (edits the NBT data)

10. Offline

UnlikeAny

bobacadodl
    I don't think he's going to check every user for himself.

@bloodless2010
    Here you go.
    I'm not going to put this little plugin into bukkitdev.
    DON'T FORGET TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE SERVER!

11. Offline

bobacadodl

12. Offline

UnlikeAny

bloodless2010
    It would be also great to know if plugin did the job and maybe a simple "Thanks"...

klosjaarrr and timtower like this.
  13. Offline

bloodless2010

UnlikeAny I didn't try it for a few reasons, you didn't explain anything about it, or how to use it.

14. Online

Then you ask for it, and he is probably using the command in the request

UnlikeAny likes this.
  15. Offline

UnlikeAny

bloodless2010
    You should have asked for more information, or even tried it on a backup. I'm not the one who needs it - it's you. Silence would not have fixed anything.

Just put the plugin into the server and that's it. Console will print who had Creative and everything will be logged in GMScanner/config.yml. The permission is "gms.bypass" (now that I have checked, I see that I was sleepy and made it a bit different). After it's finished, you can remove the plugin.

timtower likes this.