Inactive [FUN/TP/MECH]PortalStick v2.3.7 - Portal gun in minecraft [1.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

PortalStick
    Authors: matejdro and oliverw92

Have you ever wanted to have portal gun in minecraft? Have you ever wanted to make your own portal test chambers and make your friends solve it? Now you can do this!

PortalStick is plugin that tries to emulate Portal Gun as close as possible in Minecraft without client mods.

Demonstration video of the plugin:

(map from the above video: CLICK)

Shorter demonstration video created by user of the plugin (sorry, can't remember name right now.):

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/portalstick/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

mar_boss

Great plugin!

3. Offline

Sinlocu

this is totaly amazing downloading tomorrow

4. Offline

Portal73

Totally....EPIC

5. Offline

-_Husky_-

although there seems to be a bug of duplication - place a dispenser, put a item in the middle. have a really quick redstone clock = dupe

6. Offline

Le_truent

Can you remplace simple ID of the portal gun with ID:value instead ? I use spoutcraft and I would like to use a custom item as portal gun (example of item: 318:1113) but the plugin doesn't reconize it.

7. Offline

Gural

I have mistake.

23:16:11 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerMoveEvent to PortalStick
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:304)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:459)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:209)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.handle(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:567)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:459)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
    at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:493)
    at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:514)
    at com.matejdro.bukkit.portalstick.util.BlockUtil.compareBlockToString(BlockUtil.java:17)
    at com.matejdro.bukkit.portalstick.util.BlockUtil.getFaceOfMaterial(BlockUtil.java:35)
    at com.matejdro.bukkit.portalstick.listeners.PortalStickPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(PortalStickPlayerListener.java:214)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor123.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)

please help me

8. Offline

SpareNoodles

Help me pls. i got a bug . when i dig i suddenly get thrown up into the air then i see a noteblock. i removed all the plugins one by one then added them all except yours then it was fixed. i think it was your bug. Help PLS. i really want to use this plugin. >.<

9. Offline

Tkalaawi123

when are you gonna release it for 1.2.5 i really need it.

10. Offline

PotatoJedi

Hey, great plug-in! Just one request/question:

Can you enable portals to stay working when the server reconnects? It just gets a bit sad when you have a nice portal connecting one place to another, only to have that connection severed when the server goes down. I've tried looking through the config/region files but can only find an option to enable that in case a player exits.

Thanks!

11. Offline

maxben34

Great Plugin!! I added this to my server. The plugin was so well made that I had to create an portal map using this plugin. It is called P0rtalStick. Feel free to play it and even use as an example of this plugin.
    Heres the link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1289983-125-p0rtalstick/

-Thanks

12. Offline

Cloneman1138

Very cool!
    Has anyone noticed that the test map was builded inside a server world?
    I found so many houses and stuff, even a furnace in a cave cooking some iron!
    But the plugin itself is very easy to configurate and use! Keep making this!
    How about adding some noteblock sounds that play Still Alive with a command? I mean, it plays the noteblock sounds, no need to build a noteblock consert if u understand :)

Edit:
    It works with Bukkit 1.2.5 (The Newest Build)

13. Offline

goodwargamer

amazing! i love it so much!

14. Offline

AquaNinja

For some reason, the region tool can't set position 2 (right-click). Problem persists even when I change the region tool. (Tried wooden sword (default) and diamond.) Position 1 works fine.
    Would be nice with a fix!

15. Offline

Bare7a

Same issue here..

16. Offline

ultam8darkness

is there any way to make the portal smaller i think it takes up too much room :p
    its a great plugin tho downloading

17. Offline

epiczsolt

is there any way to make it so only Op's and Admin's can use the portal stick?????

18. Offline

chrismed

Love this plugin. Everything except one thing is working for me.
    The region tool.
    It will left click and set location 1 but it won't right click and set the second location for the region.
    I tried changing tool in the config.. same problem. I only tried one or 2 other items. I will try more (don't think that will make a difference) and I even tried my WorldEdit tool (didn't do anything at all)

19. Offline

svirkovv

Can you add a config file, where we can edit on which blocks can be placed portals?