Inactive [FUN/TP] Fly for Food v0.3.0 - Fly with right click [1.3.2-R1.0+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by receter, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Offline

receter

I wanted a realistic flying plugin. All plugins I found had to be activated with a command and when activated players where invincible. This is what motivated me to make my first minecraft plugin.

Fly for Food enables players on a server to fly per right mouse click when they have a feather in their hand. While it is not possible with the bukkit API (at least for me) to make a player vincible while flying, the flight mode will be automatically disabled when he lands.

Further while flying the players food level decreases for the distance and time he flys. If the food level reaches 0, the flight mode will be deactivated.
    My main purpose was to make a flight plugin that is as realistic as possible, please feel free to give constructive critique. If you have a good idea how to improve the pluging I will consider to implement it.

I tried to make the default cost not too high and not too low. When it is too low, I expect everyone on a server to fly instead of walk ...

If you think the food cost should be lower or higher please say it and explain to me why, I am very open to discussion about this.

Features
    • Activates flying with right click when a player has a feather in his hand.
    • Flying costs food, it is calculated from time and distance.
    Changelog

Version 0.0.1
    • right click with feather in hand to fly
    • flying costs food per distance flight
    Version 0.1.1
    • added permissions
    Version 0.3.0
    • added configuration options
    • it is now possible to eat while flying

Source
    The source for this plugin is available at github. This was the first time I made a plugin, I saw that there is an own repository at BukkitDev, would it be better to upload the source there?
    https://github.com/receter/fly-for-food

Download
    The download and a more detailed description is on the BukkitDev page.

2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

That's a pretty cool idea!

As for source code hosting, github is probably the best option available. The BukkitDev system is not nearly as pretty looking.

3. Offline

Deleted user

4. Offline

Canownueasy

O.O, have my dreams came true? You can use flying in the server without creative mode or client hacks? Is this 2050? xD

Back when I made IBICF you couldn't do that! :-P

Anyway, to make the player land safely just set their jump distance to 0.