[FUN] Survival v1.1.4 - Become a ghost upon death [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jordandmc, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Offline

jordandmc

Survival - become a ghost upon death:
    Version: 1.1.4

Description:
    Survival is a PVP plugin that turns you into a "ghost" when you die. This unique feature allows players who have lost(died and become a ghost) to watch the rest of the PVP battle up close and personal.

The object of the PVP plugin is to eliminate the remaining survivors in order to win and become the sole remaining survivor. A player wins when everyone else online at the time has been killed.

The advantage of having this plugin is to allow the dead/defeated to watch the remaining battle unfold instead of simply being kicked and banned from the server until the PVP battle is over. Also this provides ghosts to have some interesting things to do while they are waiting so that they aren't board.

While designing this plugin I kept in mind that, logically ghosts should not be permitted to pickup items, grief the world or attack others. Essentially they shouldn't be able to interfere with the on going battle.

Ghost ussage:
    Right clicking on an animal allows you to posses the animal's body. Alternately left clicking while in possession of an animal will allow you to separate from the animal's body.
    Known Bugs: (open)

• Arrows that have been shot can still be picked up by ghosts
    • Occasionally when a player dies his lifeless body can still be seen somewhere
    • Dropped items in the world don't clear upon reset
    • The animal your possessing can die without you knowing

Future Features (open)
    As a ghost players will still be able to interact with a select few things that won't interfere with the actual PVP game play on the server. Here are also some planned features.
    • On log-in display previous winner
    • Add a survival achievement/stats
    • Ghosts don't trample dirt
    • Reset to a predefined world template when someone wins
    • Probable custom world template
    • Fun abilities as a ghost like mind control of animals
    • Flight & speed hax permitted only as a ghost
    • Improved possession method(more visually and technically appealing)
    • team pvp & in match re-spawn
    • some configurable settings

Changelog (open)

Version 1.1.4
    • squids should be posses-able
    • when only one player is online that player can become a ghost
    Version 1.1.3
    • Bug fix: Upon re-logging in ghosts become visible
    • Added ability to posses animals as a ghost
    Version 1.1
    • Added invisibility for ghosts

Download

olimoli123 and Michael. like this.
  2. Offline

nubpro

It doens't need anything.
    Post the errors here.

3. Offline

>Kainzo<mustdie

OK I think I fixed it. Hmm.. well when I die I don't become a ghost but if I go in the config file and add myself to the dead list I'm a ghost. Do monsters need to be on?

4. Offline

jordandmc

This doesn't require Spout or rely on any other plugin for that matter. Its an independent plugin but keep in mind that its pvp and so in order to become a ghost you need 3ppl on the server

5. Offline

>Kainzo<mustdie

Oh that would explain it! Thanks a lot. OK it works. Awesome plugin.

6. is it possible to make ghosts walk through walls?

7. Offline

rafaelf

I kill but I dont is a ghost

8. Offline

Gregracious

9. Offline

EmanuxJade

FUCKING AWESOME FINALLY!!!

10. Offline

Bellaabzug21

Tried this, my players don't like it, when they die they want to
    KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL

11. Offline

md_5

Long time no see jordandmc. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5