[FUN] SpoutMeow! Also called "Sp-Meow-t" [1337]

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by acuddlyheadcrab, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Sp-Meow-t!(v.2.8)
    Yeah I use this font face.
    I finished! It was my first plugin, so when I got stuck earlier, I just took a break. Now after looking at it again, it was super easy to fix and it's on BukkitDev: Sp-Meow-t!

Older stuff:
    Show Spoiler

My goals:
    1. Create a spout plugin, that plays a sound file
      • Player must have SpoutCraft enabled (Spout client mod) to execute
      • I'm planning on using the spout.soundManager for this, of course, to play an .ogg file of a cat meowing, with source being wikipedia/wikimedia (Meow.ogg)
    2. Get the commands working
      • "/meow" will play the .ogg file
      • I plan on being a Spout plugin developer (lol aim high, right?)
    *This list of my own requirements is not a request, despite it's appearance

Progress:
    9/21/11 - The evident problem with my high hopes for a "first" plugin is that SpoutCraft hasn't updated, so there's no legitimate way of testing or knowing how to implement spout. So I'll just be using some 'println' 's as placeholders for now.
    I haven't setup a git yet, because my brain is exploding with a bunch of other things right now, and I don't want to learn how to get that set up right now :p Lol.
    Also if you have any tips, or suggestions, or especially time to tell me how to implement these things, go ahead and post! Please :D

2. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Finished btw :D! After taking a break and learning more java and coding, it was super easy to come back to! Check this pointless Spout plugin out here: Sp-Meow-t! (SpoutMeow)

3. Offline

gameswereus

I'll have to put this on my server just to confuse everyone :)

4. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Hehe. This plugin is similar to SpoutNinja, in that it's just to give the spout project some headstarts.

Also, i'll probably be adding different meow sounds :D

5. Offline

AuZor

Please add a permission node! This could turn out annoying by abusing players :-(

6. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Ohkay, it's about time I try permissions anyway. :)

7. Offline

AuZor

Meow!

8. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Permission node is: "spoutmeow.canplay". I'll update very soon :)

*once i test it
    EDIT: Kay, i guess permissions bukkit doesn't work with spout... (wtf.) I'll let OP's meow as well

Alright, whatever. I hope the permission node works. I'll just update the downloads for now :)

DOWNLOAD IS HERE FOR NOW: SpMeowt (SpoutMeow) v.2.6

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  9. Offline

Mike Geitz

Can't seem to get the meow.ogg file - is the link still live?

10. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Weird. It should have been still active, but it's not. I'll update it now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.