[FUN] SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by WegFetZ, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

WegFetZ

SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server!

Version: v0.1

CustomMusic is back! Now as SoundCenter!

SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime.
    It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
    In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.

To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):

More info on:

or on BukkitDev

Features:
    • You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
    • Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
    • You can also play music globally on the whole server
    • You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
    • Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
    • Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
    • Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
    Extra Features:
    • Voice chat
      • SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
      • You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
      • But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
      • You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
    • many more to come
    How does it work?

Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what to do now?
    It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server.
    Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates.
    You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.

For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit the HOW TO USE section on BukkitDev.

Before you post any Issues/ Bugs:

Goblom, Maxster99, gnftoxic and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

offroadguy56

hello. i just recently installed the plugin on my server.
    when i tupe /cm setworld The_World_v4 50 1.
    it spits out in the chat:
    then when i type /cm wchooseradio the_world_v4 3
    it spits out:
    so i do the whole radio list thing and it gives me my 4 radio stations
    and so i redo the /cm wchooseradio the_world_v4 <radionumber> thing with all 4 of he stations and it still says
    here's a screen shot: http://i.imgur.com/BjVwJ.png

3. Offline

spartan117m15

Cool in all and I want it but when will it be updated to 1.2.5

4. Offline

Lizkrieger

Everyone in my server seems to be able to hear the music save for me. It says everything is sync'd and initilized in both the client and in the minecraft server. I get this error:

Couldn't get a working URL from 3093517.pls

Help?

5. Offline

craydo

Connected!
    mr_conner registered! Log into Minecraft within 60s.
    Use '/cm init' if the audioclient doesn't initialize automatically.
    Server couldn't verify your IP. Make sure you entered the right name.
    Connections closed.
    Client will not reconnect.
    plz help, my custommusic port is 4224 what do i do wrong?

6. Offline

Com_Wiz

I'd like to see someone make a custom music plugin that uses your own music with no third party launcher. That would be awesome. Too bad I'm not a java programmer

7. Offline

Hyperdragon130

i can't download any plugin, because the start.command always fails me.. i am a mac user and its very hard for me too mac a server, i had a folder called Craftbukkit server it had all the stuff i needed the plugins folder the start.command all of it.. it didn't work, it came up with errors when i tried the start command and it said stuff like can't find classes or the file or directory doesn't exist so i watch countless video's searched forums far and wide asked server owners and found nothing NOTHING that could help me and now.. since i've moved that to trash and tried to start from trash the start.command says this

Last login: Tue Jun 12 03:58:11 on ttys000
    Bens-MacBook-Pro:~ Altair$ /Users/Altair/Desktop/craftbukkit/server.command ; exit;
    logout

[Process completed]

noone has been able to help me so far so i've gone to plugin forums in search of help.

8. Offline

pumakid98

i have a problem when i use the CM uudioclien i connect and then i open mincecraft again and it says Audio client disconected then i do /cm init and it said :::: intalazion failed

how do i add music?? im in game evreything goes correctly but i cant hear the music!!!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  9. Offline

RobeS

I start the server and run the audio client the i come to server ant it says audio client intialized but when i write /cm init it says Failure what to do?

10. Offline

Theplaygame7

J'ai un gros bug quand je lance la musique elle s'arete dix seconde plus trad?? de l'aide svp!!:oops:

11. Offline

Theplaygame7

12. Offline

EveriaLFaucheur

Help my please! How to make music is not as we listen?

13. Offline

hatninja

wow there is a lot of commands. could you by any chance make a smaller not so big verison of this plugin?

14. Offline

THEBEASTCREEPER

Can You Make It So You Can Add More Music

15. Offline

jinoh

Oh that's great! Custom musics on bukkit!

16. Offline

THEBEASTCREEPER

This Is A Very Cool Plugin But It Needs More Room To Put Music Can You Make It So You Can Add Like 15 Mp3 Files. I Was Also Thinking Of Adding Some Spout I Dont Use Spout Lost But It Has Some Cool Features What My Question Is Dose It Work With Spout

17. Offline

rickyjumb

When will you update the plugin to the newest minecraft version??
    Oh and i have an issue that i didn't found in the known issues: i log into the server with the normal launcher than i start the audio client and then when i try to connect it say can't connect and other things but the problem is that i try to change the server port but it is still not working

18. Offline

ThaScenekid

Ok i've installed everything correctly but i have a issue not sure i've i port forwarded it correctly What do i put as the program name for what i'm forwarding ( if that makes any since)

It tells me i've connected to the server and i initialize it but then it tells me "cannot get the I/O for x86xelite.no-ip.org"

the x86xelite.no-ip.org is what we use to connect to are server.

Ok i've fixed the issues above i was having. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

But now i'm having the issue where when i set the block for the song it just doesn't play.
    I've done the /cm toggle twice to refresh it but still nothing.
    My friend who hosts the server on his desktop says he can set it and hear it but we are both in the groups called Owner, along with the fact that i'm OP in the server.

Someone plz help

omg i fixed it xP stupid me. But does anyone know the Max limit the blocks range can be?
    I wanna set it to unlimited for Owners

19. Offline

WegFetZ

There you go!
    The new version is out.
    Completely recoded. New code - new name.
    CustomMusic is now SoundCenter, because SoundCenter will provide much more features than just music.
    Voice Chat for example. And much more in the future.

Edit: File is now approved and can be downloaded!

Check it out: SoundCenter

20. Offline

WegFetZ

21. Offline

Fluviu

[WARNING] Client is not receiving UDP-Packets!

this is all i get in the java app ..the pluggin connected correctly, no errors in the game console, i have the bukkit v. 1.7.2. ro 03...the port is forwarded...i guess it's the client...please update it for 1.7.9

sorry for the double reply, it seems i can't edit my previous post...please do something about that java error, it's a pain to explain every player how to bypass it with that script or how to install the certificate...maybe make a downloadable app that runs on double click or code it in something else than java

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  22. Offline

WegFetZ

It does work with 1.7.9.
    Check the FAQ

There's not much I can do about it, I'm afraid, apart from buying a trusted certificate, which is too expensive.
    I could make a downloadable standalone version, but I doubt that many players would use it, because you need to start
    a second program every time you start minecraft. The advantage of using an applet is the link that leads you to the client with all information filled out automatically. It makes using the client as simple and time-saving as possible.

Porting it to another language is not an option for me, I'm sorry.

23. Offline

Zamorakphat

Erm, Whenever I try to upload music. It loses connection. Any solution?