Inactive [FUN/RPG] MyWolf - Take a wolf on a leash

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Keyle, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyWolf
    take a wolf on a leash

[​IMG]
    Moved to BukkitDev:

2. Offline

alfa5

If the wolf despawn and you use /wc the plugin create a new wolf with the same inventory, exp, level, name, etc

Noah_Ivaldi likes this.
  3. Offline

Noah_Ivaldi

Wow, really? That's awesome! I hope that the other admins of the server that I'm helping to get started will run Spout so that we can use this. I'm a n00b and know nothing of Spout; is there a chance that this could be made for non-Spout servers, too?

4. Offline

alfa5

I have a server with spout and mywolf, and I don't have problem with spout

But I wil release a version of the plugin without spout, but without wolf's inventory

Xickle and Noah_Ivaldi like this.
  5. Offline

Noah_Ivaldi

You're the greatest.

6. Offline

QBcrusher

how do u give ur wolf an inventory?

7. Offline

kaasinees

does it work with 1.1-r4?

8. Please inform me about it, when it's done :D

9. Offline

kaasinees

Inform me to :)

10. Offline

PhoenixStar117

When is the 1.1 version going to be available? ;)

11. Sry but it's not done yet :/
    Why do you don't like Spout? ^^

look at BukkitDev for new releases ;)

12. Offline

kaasinees

Code:
    15:55:46 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/MyWolf.jar' in folder 'plugins': 
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Spout
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:166)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:164)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:469)
            at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:188)
            at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.java:22)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:168)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:402)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:398)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:574)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:551)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:435)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Is it not easier to put non spout support in the mod itself?

13. I hope you know why you get this error....
    and in what mod should I put Spout??^^

14. Offline

kaasinees

I mean add support for inventories for servers without spout in the mod. Its not that hard to code i think.

15. Because it takes days to update after bukkit releases a recommended build after the minecraft update.
    And I felt like it was using up a lot of resources on my server when I was using it :/

Noah_Ivaldi likes this.
  16. I already had this in one of the first versions but then BukkitContrib appeared and I used this because it was much easier^^

Edit: One problem is that Bukkit doesn't have events for the inventory -.-
    In my opinion the Spout Team is much faster then the Bukkit Team ;)
    I/we will add a config option for Spout so anyone who want to can disable it

Noah_Ivaldi and Xickle like this.
  17. Offline

Noah_Ivaldi

I don't like Spout because it takes up a ton of server resources, like Xickle said, and we can't all afford servers that are so powerful as to make that not matter. What's worse is that it often takes up so much space just for the sake of aesthetic improvements and such nonsense; it's not usually for cool stuff like a wolf with an inventory.
    There's also the fact that Spout is kinda' in its own, little world. Everyone is actively trying to develop advancements in the server-client interface so that we have fewer patching problems and fewer obligations for what we need to get and what we need to update, but Spout is just kinda' the little troll on the sidelines that keeps saying, "lolnope :p" and trying to tell everyone that they need to go the Spout way. That may not necessarily be their intention, but that's sure as Hell how they seem.
    It may not mean much, but I've recently been looking through a lot of plugins for the server that I'm helping to start, and, from what I've seen, Spout is painfully slow to update. . .
    Fortunately, there's no longer the "If the server has Spout, all users must have Spoutcraft to join, or they get randomly disconnected!" problem, thanks to some of Bukkit's team working with Mojang to develop an improvement in the server-client interface (Basically, it makes it so that Spout-dependent stuff just doesn't work for non-Spoutcrafters, while Spoutcrafters get the full benefit, but no one gets spontaneously kicked from the server just because of a plugin conflict. The non-Spoutcrafters just don't get the Spout stuff.), but I still don't like Spout for the previously mentioned problems.

Point of clarification: You are aware of that recent development, right? Do we still need a Spout-disabling feature in the config (in which case I greatly appreciate it), or would it work for MyWolf to just be updated to the newest Bukkit RB and automatically be able to work on all servers, just with non-Spoutcrafters being unable to use wolf inventories?

18. This is my 3rd try to write a good answer to your text in english xD

I can understand that you want a Spout-disabling feature because not every server is like my home PC^^
    I think it will be no big problem to write a Spout-free inventory version but it will be not as good as the Spout one.
    I'm working on it atm but it may take some time because I want to rewrite some parts of the skill system but I don't know yet how I will do it^^

I will do my best but I can't promise anything yet :p

I love my really nice english yay :D

Noah_Ivaldi likes this.
  19. Offline

mahari3

so SPOUT is required......

20. At the moment yes BUT I already removed the Spout dependency for future releases :D

mahari3 likes this.
  21. Offline

LucarioXL

Hey Keyle,
    This sounds like an awesome plugin. Only thing is that I am running craftbukkit R3 so I don't know if this will work with it. I don't know how to update my server without breaking all of my plugins and world files, so...ya.
    Please help me!
    Thanks.

22. Offline

senne97

It don't workt on my pc ay put it in plugins but noting hapend it doesn't work plz help

23. Updating from R3 to R4 shouldn't break anything. R5 is the "bad bad" :p RB that will break every plugin that use the old event system.
    So it should be no problem to update, but you do it at your own risk^^

That tells me as much as: 'my car does't drive please help'. Give me more info or I will not help you!

Noah_Ivaldi likes this.
  24. Offline

LucarioXL

So this DOESN'T work on R3? If it doesn't, how do I update my craftbukkit to R4 safely?

25. It should work with R3 but I can't promise anything. The safest way is to make a backup first and then update :p
    You also can create a testserver on your computer to test everything out before you update your real server.
    I don't know how big your server is but I did it this way everytime I updated my server.

26. Offline

senne97

ay put it in my plugins folder an ay start my server up ay type /plugins and its not there the plugin wont work were do ay look

27. Offline

LucarioXL

If it doesn't work can't I just delete the .jar and files of the plugin?

28. Offline

Frozen Styff

I am also having the same issue

29. Offline

senne97

if you now whats rong contact my

30. Offline

chiofartman

i am kinda new to using Bukkit i just started my server with the start.bat and the plugin wont work, if i have to add more stuff, or remove something or what? please help me.[creeper][skeleton]

31. could you all post/send me your serverlogs lease?

Every plugin that has a version for 1.1RB-(1-4) should work with RB1.1-4. if not ask the other plugin devs please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.