Inactive [FUN/RPG] MyWolf - Take a wolf on a leash

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Keyle, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyWolf
    take a wolf on a leash

[​IMG]
    Moved to BukkitDev:

2. Spoutdev or Bukkitdev??^^

Your idea sounds very interresting but I can't catch all because of my limited english xD

Spout has persistent entityIDs??^^

3. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

BukkitDev (you should use),

And yeah mkay, don't worry about the limited english... It's basically an RPG fan-dub plugin (google Kingdom Hearts lol, though KH2 is more what I'm trying to do.), but I need lots of help because there's stuff involved that is very advanced for a minecraft mod. (The first thing I want to do is make a new mob when Spout's API is out, just to give you an idea xD).

And wouldn't spout need to track the specific entity ID to do per-mob skinning properly? it may not, I mean, if it did I would think you'd find it when you did custom skinning.

4. I fought a hard battle until I finally had registered on BukkitDev xD
    I won but then I don't have the time and pleasure to create a new project :p
    I also have to restructure and rewrite a lot of text and you know my english isn't so good :p

I know KH2 :p I've played it on PS2 long time ago but I don't know which parts of the game to you want to port to MC

I think Spout itself don't safe what entity has what skin so it's the task of the plugins to do that.

5. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Ah alright... No I meant for you to post this as a project on SpoutDev, or post a World of Wolves project then place MyWolf within it, and mention a want for broader features in a plugin suite and perhaps advertise for help? :p

6. BukkitDev? xD
    I think I will only create a MyWolf-Project atm (when I have the time xD)
    (I'm at work and accessing BukkitDev with IE7 is painfully)

7. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Lol I expected as much annd

As for which parts to port, we haven't Exactly decided which to port either.

We know we want heartless, unversed and nobodies and keyblades/forms (eventually) but really I guess we want to create a fan-dub of the game (and possibly facilitate some sort of continuation etc.. sine KH3 doesn't seem to be coming soon enough and I really Really like Enix games, so yeah, fan-version .. in the same way there is a pokemod and a COD Zombies mod.

It's more of an idea and a desire to test just how customisable minecraft really is by creating this stuff (at least for me :confused:), at the very least I want to make some heartless that are decent representations (like shadows that can shrink to the ground to avoid damage)

8. "much annd??

Ah ok:D
    The idear sounds very good even if I think this will be A LOT of work xD
    I don't know how much is possible with the SpoutAPI but I think there will be some possibilities to create something like that :p

9. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Oh it's a truckload of work, but I really think that minecraft should, among other things be a medium for fan-dub games, as an extra creativity beyond fan fiction and art. (though copyright protection may get in the way.... I don't know the copyrights attached to kingdom hearts lol could you check for me? :3

10. Minecraft is a very good medium :D
    Uff copyrights .... I don't know them too and I think I'm not the right person to check this xD

11. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Lol, as far as I'm concerned, so long as I don't try to sell the stuff, I'm doing Square Enix a favour, So long as it's free xD
    Edit: also copyright law only protects content, not ideas, So A: I won't try to market stuff B: I place a disclaimer (Supposing I end up in management of that side of it, which is actually likely..) then I'm cool, yeah?

12. I think so too

Edit: WTF 650 Posts :confused:

13. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Lol honestly I thought itd be 1000 by page 20... It was page 5 when I started harassing you though wasn't it? I think a 3rd of all my posts could be on this thread, (188 "messages"? does it even post count?!)

@Keyle we have had some discussion and will be posting a revised summary and description in point-form so you should be able to read it better, do you think you'll have time for helping any? :3

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  14. I will give my best but I can't promise anything :p

15. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Okie thanks!

16. Offline

Bouger

Hi, I have a problem. When a user kills a dog of another user no longer relive again and the only way is to reinstall the plugin again. Any solution?

Sorry for my language. I speak Spanish.

17. Offline

BladedAssassin

@oz_revulsion i got it :)

GOT IT :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  18. Offline

oz_revulsion

Awesome I'm glad you got it......what is it?

19. Offline

danielfroiz

Hello I have a problem when I try to give you right click on the string the dog nothing happens. Thank you

20. Offline

Legolas75893

For some reason, I have to relog to see my dog's name change.

21. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

:confused: Is this because it's where I posted the most or what?
    [​IMG]

22. Offline

0Zerotiger

My wolf's inventory keeps being empty after i lay items in the inventory with /wi

23. Offline

Seta

OMG!
    Youre plugin has the Status as the most annoying plugin on my server since we use it. Not becouse it self is annoyint but the damn messages on reload.

Today i saw: new version, and hey something about fixed debug output bugs! Amazing i thought!! :D

But...
    Now there are damn more Annoying messages...
    On each reload! -.-
    (Sure only for users who have a Dog)

Please PM or @ me when you fixed this, so i can install it again.

24. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Heh, that really should be configurable.. or have a list of already gained skills in the wold info storage (just to cancel the messages of course, like, change the output messaging system to have a check for whether or not it's already announced by this sort of thing (written in python-style syntax, but its kinda the easiest for pseudocode anyway right? xD)
    KnownSkills = Player'swolf.listedskills #Produces a copy of the list in the wolves.yml
    GainedSkills = Generate a list based on the current level as you normally would output, instead create a list
    For skill in GainedSkills
    If skill in KnownSkills​
    KnownSkills.remove(skill)​
    GainedSkills.remove(skill)​
    Else​
    Output Skill Message​
    Now, I keep thinking you could just save a list in the yml to recognise the skills and not output onload, but probably not, as it would allow cheating, or it's too much work.

If I messed up the style for python/c++ please tell me, I'm a little rusty xD

25. Offline

Marcos Cosmos

Wow no posts yet.. @Keyle, do you do world gen? :p

26. Offline

TrMan

Any news for the [1185] update?

Btw is it possible to save wolf skins as they keep resetting after death and player relogging?

Loving this plugin!

27. Offline

OptiDash

This is working for me on CB1185 apart from one thing; the player gets disconnected when opening the wolf's inventory.
    Code:
    Internal exception: java.IOException: Received string length longer than maximum allowed (17 > 16)

Everything else seems to work fine.

28. Offline

Oscarius

Same issue here. Let's hope @Keyle will update this amazing plugin soon!

29. Offline

meizme

also crashing my client on /wi... this is the last plugin i need to update for full 1185 support

30. Offline

Cyranius

same problem here

31. Offline

Thex1337x

What is skinURL? is it the name of a player?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.