Inactive [FUN] Prank v2.0 - Scare, frustrate, and troll players! (Formerly Creepers Gonna Creep) [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpikeMeister, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Offline

SpikeMeister

Prank - Scare, frustrate, and troll players!
    Version: v2.0 [2011/08/24]

Go here for future Prank updates!

Prank is a Bukkit plugin for Minecraft which encompasses a number of pranks which can be applied to players on a server. Have fun with your users by scaring the crap out of them, frustrating them, and just generally trolling like a boss.

Prank is the successor to my plugin Creeper's Gonna Creep, which initially provided only the creeper prank (explained below). As this release changes the focus of the plugin, I decided to make the name and commands more general.

I mainly wrote this to familiarise myself with the Bukkit API and put to use the things I have learned in my Java class the last few months. I welcome feedback on the source.

Pranks
    • Creeper (/prank creeper [player])
    Randomly spawn creepers around a player! Make them wonder why god hates them so much, as they mine or build and are plagued with a stream of creepers.
    • Tool Switch (/prank toolswitch [player])
    Switch the player's currently equipped item into the first empty slot of their inventory whenever they try to use it! Frustrate the hell out of players who can't accomplish anything!
    • Shocking Fall (/prank shockingfall [player])
    Whenever a player takes fall damage, strike them down with lightning! This prank can lie in wait for hours before it finally strikes... a player is innocently building or exploring when they make a jump that's just a little too high and - BAM, they are either dead or burning to death. They had better pray for water!

Commands:
    • /prank [pranktype] [player] - Start pranking [player] with [pranktype] prank.
    • /unprank [pranktype] [player] - Stop pranking [player] with [pranktype] prank.
    Player can be online or offline

Prank types:
    • creeper
    • toolswitch
    • shockingfall
    Bukkit Permissions (Superperms)
    • prank.*
    • prank.creeper
    • prank.toolswitch
    • prank.shockingfall
    Downloads
    Download Latest (2.0) | Source

Changelog:
    Version 2.0
    • Complete re-write
    • Re-released as "Prank"
    • Added tool switch prank
    • Added shocking fall prank
    Version 1.1
    • Added Bukkit permissions support
    • Removed the concept of a probability (unnecessary)
    • Added the ability to stop pranking all users at once (/stoppranking all)
    Version 1.0.1
    • Made the default probability a property
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release
    ToDo
    • Add more pranks! Post suggestions!
    • Add a way to list all players being pranked.

marcuslelus and zhuowei like this.
  2. Offline

prelude85

:/ we live in 2011! check out 7Zip

3. Offline

SpikeMeister

I'm sure I can make use of one or two of those! Great ideas, thanks

Hmm, hopefully if you are running a server you are smart enough to handle .rars, but I take your point as they are slightly less common than zips. It's uploaded as a zip at the dev.bukkit site, all future versions will be zipped too (dev.bukkit doesn't let you upload rars, lol).

4. Offline

Plancke

when you use the lava/water bucket it should be when they pick it back up it water again

5. Offline

Imm0rt41

great idea i just thought of. you pretty much just say "*persons name*, theres an enderman behind you" and it spawns an enderman behind them, which obviously SUCKS because the second you look at it....well, you know.

btw, i know you cant do it now, i just mean when 1.8 comes out add this to it.

new prank idea. it always fills up a person inventory constantly with the most useless item ever, i asked my friends and we all decided dirt, and so pretty much it fills your whole inventory with stacks of it, and whenever you try to take it out, it just replaces the empty slot with more of it. and of course it doesn't replace ppls items that they already have, because that would just be mean.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. Offline

SAMDAN

Does it save pranked players to a file on disk? So the prank can persist through restarts/reloads? Is it doesn't, it should.

Yes, but it is hard to handle .rars over an ssh agent. I know because I tried. But yes, I did see the .jar on dev.bukkit, thank you for that.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

SpikeMeister

Yes it does save to a cfg file. The next version is using bukkits built in configuration utilities, the current version is doing it in a slightly dumb way (which doesn't effect performance).

8. Offline

SAMDAN

Okay, thanks for fast reply. I didn't have a fast reply-to-reply, though. Wow, 16 minutes.

9. Offline

Julime

Please add WorldGuard Regions support.
    Example: if you get to far away from the region, more and more creepers will spawn.

10. Offline

Imm0rt41

or being in that area, or not in it, will cause the prank to happen upon you

11. Offline

SpikeMeister

At the moment I'm very busy with university, but in two or three weeks I'll get back on to developing this. I plan to add support for one-time pranks (as opposed to only persistent pranks) and, since you mentioned it, WorldGuard support

12. Offline

piepei

I know this is already done, but to have this altogether would be nice:
    Invivsible to others!(trololol's will ensue;)

13. Offline

65Wolf

Love the 'flying cows', or the 'damned' prank ideas above!!

How about 'fake traps' appearing to be set by npc villagers. Minding their own business, all of a sudden jailed in a small basic jail (created and setup by the server admins) with villagers in area, makes it seem as they are jail guards. Instead of a jailed message, says they've been trapped by villagers for.... (configurable reason). I played that one on a troll today and he actually thought the npc villagers jailed him for using hax'd client (which he was)! Was hilarious!

14. Offline

bananapie62

an update to the recent minecraft would be good

15. Offline

ihatemyself24

MAKE A PRANK THAT SENDS PEOPLE TO THE END WHEN THEY TRY TO GO TO THE NETHER XD:mad:

16. Offline

Ajinryu

Yup I had to remove my winzip.

17. Offline

thehydraking09

I need help,does anyone know why i cant use this?I have the .zip one but this weird error keeps on popping up.
    16:49:53 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Prank v2.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/Event$Type
    at me.spike.prank.PrankPlugin.onEnable(PrankPlugin.java:26)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:337)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:256)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:238
    )
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:381)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:197)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.Event$Type
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:41)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:29)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 11 more

18. Offline

Cordicuss

Implement a Herobrine prank. Every once in a while Herobrine spawns close to them, then despawns with a smoke effect.

19. When I'm trying to prank someone it says the usage of the prank commands :mad:

20. Offline

thehydraking09

anyone? please?

Well here is some ideas for pranks:
    arrows:a whole mob of arrows fall and hit the player
    too many items: his entire "backpack" (i do not know how to spell the name of the "e" thing) with gravel every 30 seconds
    DoomBaGettin:every type of mob spawns around him every o.1 seconds in groups of 10 (so it doesnt lag the server to death)
    tricky diamonds:have random sets of 8 diamonds spawn around him at least 10 blocks off.whenever he mines them,they can do different things. 1:they turn into stone 2:they turn into TNT with a redstone torch beside one of the TNT blocks 3:the diamonds turn into lava 4:when he mines one,his "backpack" clears so he has nothing 5:when one is destroyed,it he dies for no reason 6:all bad enchantments appear on him 7:he loses his food bar x3 quicker 8:all the diamonds turn into ghasts when one is destroyed
    hope you can add one of these.

21. Offline

mr_dragonfruit

you are all evil