[FUN] Paintball v1.2 [1.5.2 R1.0]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by captainawesome7, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Offline

captainawesome7

1. Yes they are supposed to be teleported. Check the console/log for errors.
    2. Apparently somewhere along the edits of this post I took out the part that says Spoutcraft is required for all of the special stuff. I'll add it back in to the OP.
    3. First off, -1 doesn't mean unlimited. It means -1. Having -1 bullets is less than 1, so you can't shoot. Secondly, if you set it to something high, every time a player gets a kill their ammo will refill, so unlimited ammo isn't really needed (just spammy).
    4. I'll add one in 0.9

2. Offline

Spidey

Do you have to set flags to play TDM ?

3. Offline

captainawesome7

Yes. The maps randomly cycle in certain situations, and adding separate map lists for TDM and CTF would be a waste of time and extremely redundant. It only takes a few seconds to set two flags, and if you aren't planning on playing CTF, just don't. Also from the OP:
    Read the entire OP before you ask dumb questions.

4. Offline

xriuk

Does the texture pack support terrain.png???

5. Offline

captainawesome7

Yes, it supports all texture packs that Spout supports.

6. Offline

paragonxx99

Is it possible to let players choose teams?

7. Offline

captainawesome7

I can add that in the next version, but as of now it's random.

8. Offline

Leaddispenser99

Does the map creating thing just create a seperate map? Or does it delete the current map? Because, I would like to have
    paintball on a seperate world and still have the regular worlds.
    Or could I just have it in an already made arena on an already made world?

9. Offline

TheOnlyWhiteGuy

Plugin is BEAUTIFUL! Works great, awesome job.

One suggestion:

Is it possible for you to make a "lobby" of sorts while players are waiting for the next game to start? I have seen servers who have this, and it looks good. If you can do this, it would be awesome! Expect a donation to you!

10. Offline

captainawesome7

I'm already planning to add lobbies in 0.9, among other cool things.
    Honestly I have no idea what you are asking. By 'map' it means a collection of locations, used to teleport the players around while they are playing the game. It does not physically create and/or modify any existing blocks in any world.

11. Offline

Poxucis

Hey, i found one bug, i think it is a bug. When i write /pb end and someone had flag(whool) on head, it stays on head and helm disappears (helm disappears also after automatic game end, when someone wins.

12. Offline

captainawesome7

Kind of confusing, but are you saying that the wool stays on the head after the game?

13. Offline

Poxucis

It stayed if i wroted /pb end. Helm dissapears too after that command or automatic game end.

14. Offline

captainawesome7

Wh
    What the hell is a helm?

15. Offline

bryanm032800

Does this work on 1.2.5 R5.0?

16. Offline

deathroadkill

so i need the spoutcraft to run this plugin? and is spoutcraft able to get on bukkit servers?

17. Offline

mE_hUnGrY

Great plugin. I just have one question where do i put the gun image?

18. Offline

captainawesome7

Probably

Um.. spout is a bukkit plugin. So yeah, spoutcraft works with bukkit...
    You absolutely need SpoutPlugin to use paintball, and if you want all the fancy client things you need SpoutCraft as well.
    Put the URL in the config.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  19. Offline

deathroadkill

ok thanks

20. Offline

Poxucis

21. Offline

captainawesome7

helm (open)

helm
    Noun:
    A tiller or wheel and any associated equipment for steering a ship or boat.

Verb:
    Steer (a boat or ship).

Synonyms:
    noun. rudder - wheel - steering wheel - helmet
    verb. steer - govern - direct - pilot

That being said, of course you don't have a helmet, why would you...

22. Offline

TheOnlyWhiteGuy

More Suggestions to make this plugin awesome: ;)
    A way to tell how much ammo you have
    A red wool helmet for red team, blue wool for blue team
    A countdown timer for when next round starts
    A way to grant players bonuses when then earn x amount of kills
    ;) Great plugin, just some ideas I am throwing out.

You should add a paypal button for donations also.

~TheOnly

23. Offline

deathroadkill

A way to tell how much ammo you have is in the right bottom corner

24. Offline

TheOnlyWhiteGuy

I am talking about people who dont use SpoutCraft.

25. Offline

captainawesome7

1. As said above, there already is. This plugin is written for people that use spoutcraft, I'm not wasting time adding things for regular minecraft people.
    2. Wool blocks on the head are used for who has the flag.
    3. There is a coutdown timer for the next round if you're using autostart. If you're not, why would there need to be? 4. I'll add some type of reward system in the future, probably with the next release.
    5. I had one, but then I got a new paypal account. I'll put it back up soon.
    As stated above, SpoutCraft is recommended. And by recommended, I mean I don't care if you choose to not use it, but don't expect features tailored specifically for you.

26. Offline

deathroadkill

i agrre if its recommended you might need it and i just told a player to on my server to come back on useing spoutcraft(bc he did not know)

27. Offline

fussionzz97

captainawesome7

I've set up autorotation, autostart etc..

But the chat across the server is being spammed with Paintball starting in 10 seconds, Not starting game not enough players.

Is there a way i can get this to only show to Opted players or players lets say an X amount around the lobby?

Thanks, AWESOME plugin.

28. Offline

captainawesome7

I've added this in the next version already, it only shows it to players that are opted in. Sorry about that. 1.0 will be out in a little while, as soon as I fix it up a bit.

fussionzz97 likes this.
  29. Offline

bmx22c

Hello, could you add a line in the configuration file to change item? Because I would like to change that and put an item of my creation (we have a modded craftbukkit). I would also like to know, how you see it the number of death that we did? I have not found any command. Sorry for my bad english, I'm french :/ But, I LOVE THIS PLUGIN !! Thank you very much !!

30. Offline

captainawesome7

I don't really know what you mean, sorry. I can't put something in the config to change the item, because if you use spoutcraft it already is a custom item, it wouldn't really make sense. I'm adding stats with 1.0