[FUN] MobArena v0.96.8 - Become a mob-fighting gladiator! [1.7.x, 1.8.x]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by garbagemule, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

garbagemule

[​IMG]

MobArena - Become a mob-fighting gladiator!
    [​IMG] Latest build: v0.96.7 (1.7.x)
    [​IMG] Wiki
    [​IMG] IRC Channel
    [​IMG] Source

BukkitDev Project Page - Find MobArena on dev.bukkit.org here: LINK.

------------------------------

Old description (open)
    If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!

Heavily inspired by Deminetix' Fight-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!

Features:
    • Fight oncoming waves of monsters
    • Play alone or team up with friends
    • Earn glorious prizes
    • Customizable classes, rewards and waves
    • Easy to set up
    • Extremely easy to use
    • Very few user commands
    • Supports Permissions and all major economies
    • Supports Spout
    • Supports Heroes
    Note: When you post a bug report, please provide a stacktrace/error from the server log/console window. Post this stacktrace in either a pastebin, a pastie, or a CODE-block! The same applies for config-files, permissions-files, etc! Please don't put them directly in your posts, as they become gigantic and annoying to read. If you don't follow this guideline, I might ignore your post!

Wiki - Instructions, commands, FAQ, etc.
    I have set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, as well as frequently asked questions.

New: MobArena now has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)

Relevant links:
    Videos:
    Getting started with MobArena, by Flamers
    Flamers made this really easy-to-follow, simple video of how to get started with MobArena. It covers installing the plugin, defining an arena region and setting up basic leaderboards, as well as a few pointers for arena design.
    Old instructional video (open)
    Instructional video for setting up MobArena:

Note: This video was made for v0.67, but all the in-game instructions still work the same for the latest versions. The config-file has changed, so make sure to read the Wiki on how to set it up.
    More Videos (open)
    Review of MobArena by plugin reviewer jamescosten (v0.84):

Note: My nickname "garbagemule" is pronounced "garbage mule", as in "trash donkey" ;)

Hilarious showcase of MobArena by Daniel James and Daniel Cherry (v0.92.3):

Delios showing off his beautiful arena setup:

slowmonkey1227 in his interesting "island" arena: YouTube
    French video by avalondrey (v0.87.3): YouTube
    German video by blutherz and his friends (v0.91.2): YouTube

Troubleshooting:
    To avoid wasting not only your own time, but mine as well, I expect everyone to do some extensive troubleshooting before posting bug reports. What does this mean?

Try MobArena on a fresh server.
    MobArena works perfectly fine when I release it. Sure, there are a few bugs, but it works. If it doesn't work for you, something is most likely wrong on your end. Set up a local test-server, and verify that MobArena works before claiming that it doesn't. When you have verified that MobArena does indeed work, you can start adding other plugins and settings until something conflicts.

Disable other plugins.
    The first thing you need to do is disable all other plugins. If you can't reproduce the bug with other plugins disabled, you know that you have a conflicting plugin. Now perform a binary search on the other plugins, or if you don't know how to do that, just add a couple of plugins back to the plugins-folder, try to reproduce the bug, and if you can't, the conflicting plugin must be in the remaining set of plugins.

Write down reproduction steps.
    Figure out the exact steps to reproduce/trigger the bug. I need precise steps, and as much information as possible, because there are often many things that could be going on. An example of reproduction steps could be:
    1. Type /ma join
    2. Punch the Archer class sign
    3. Wait for someone else to join
    4. Punch the iron block
    5. Type /ma leave before the other player picks a class

Check the console window/server.log
    Make sure you check the server.log file for any MobArena errors or exceptions. If you find any, copy the ENTIRE exception (including all the lines that say "at com.garbagemule.MobArena...") and paste it (with the other information) in a CODE-tag here in the thread.

Donations:
    I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much as you want, even down to a few cents! If I get enough donations, I will spend the money on an extra Minecraft account to aid me in developing/testing/debugging MobArena :)

Changelog:

Version 0.94.3.24
    • Updated for CB 1337.
    • The repair-delay node is now unused! The reason for this is that it is now possible (with the release of 1317) to cancel block damage in explosions, and still retain the animation and sound! This also means that arenas should be fully pistons-compatible (for arenas that don't use soft-restore or force-restore)! I'm hoping to see some screenshots and videos of shifting arenas! :)
    • You can now right-click signs in the lobby! I finally found a super easy solution to the improperly updating inventory issue with right-clicking class signs. The result is that players can now left- or right-click as they please. This should solve all issues related to players not being able to choose classes, due to spawn region and WorldGuard/Factions/whatever conflicts.
    • It is no longer possible to warp out of the lobby.
    • New per-arena setting: final-wave - Allows for setting a final wave, meaning on that wave, the arena will end, regardless of how many players are alive.
    Version 0.94.3.11 (open)

• v0.94.3.11 - Updated Register, built against CB 1240.
    • v0.94.3.8 - Added basic leaderboards.
    • v0.94.3.6 - Fixed MagicSpells support - MobArena no longer supports MagicSpells pre-v1.1!
    • v0.94.3.5 - Fixed a bunch of bugs introduced with CB 1185, as well as a couple of minor MobArena bugs.
    • Updated for CraftBukkit #1185
    • Updated economy support (now supports iConomy 6).
    • Added the three new mob types, Enderman/Endermen, CaveSpider/CaveSpiders, Silverfish. They can be used just like the other mob types in the waves.
    • Endermen cannot pick up arena blocks (this is why).
    • Endermen cannot place blocks in arena regions.
    • The per-class permission syntax has been fixed and changed slightly. The Wiki has been updated (clicky).
    • Fixed MagicSpells issues.
    Version 0.94.2 (open)

• Redstone circuits now work properly in arenas.
    • Lightning now properly strikes on spawnpoints on special waves.
    • Fixed an issue where players somehow warping/cheating out of the arena world get kicked from the server when discovered.
    • Added MagicSpells support. Use the magicspells.yml file to ban certain spells from the arena either for the whole session, or only during boss waves.
    • Fixed the Heroes death conflict. MobArena and Heroes should now play nice together. Further Heroes support is planned for upcoming releases.
    • [COLOR=#1000000]MobArena will no longer support the discontinued Permissions 2.x and 3.x permission systems.[/COLOR] Recommended permissions systems include PermissionsBukkit (defacto standard) or PermissionsEX.
    Version 0.94.1 (open)

• Added two new boss abilities: 'shuffle-positions' and 'flood'. Try them out!
    • Players disconnecting/crashing during an arena session no longer get corrupted data files due to economy rewards.
    • Weapon durability is now correctly set to "unlimited".
    • Item sub-types (cocoa beans, bonemeal, colored wool, etc.) now work again.
    • Players can no longer join the arena without first picking a class.
    • MobArena now works with spawn-monsters=false again.
    Version 0.94 (open)

• Completely revamped the waves system! Undeniably the biggest feature in MobArena since multiple arenas in v0.92, the new customizable waves are guaranteed to bring much more awesomeness to your MobArenas. The waves system brings two new wave types, swarm waves and boss waves. The latter is a very elaborate feature, and the whole waves system has been given its own page on the Wiki. Note: MobArena will ignore all old wave settings, but use sane defaults.
    • Revamped the logging system. Instead of logging: true, you can now use logging: yml/xml. The logging system will now keep track of the last session only, but also maintain a collection of 'totals' for each arena. The idea behind these easy-to-parse files is making the stats available on server web pages.
    • Added SuperPerms/PermissionsBukkit support. Note that specifying mobarena.arenas.* and mobarena.classes.* probably won't work, but these nodes are given to everyone by default.
    • Added Spout support. Currently, the only Spouty thing MobArena does is print (some) announcements as notifications/achievements. This should limit the amount of "chat spam" that MobArena produces. Other Spout-features are planned, but don't expect something crazy. Note that MobArena does NOT require Spout!
    • Monsters will no longer target pet wolves. This is a major nerf to pet classes, but they were very overpowered as it was.
    • Fixed item amounts greater than 64 sometimes bugging out. You should now be able to put arrow:1024 for your Archer classes :)
    • Fixed players losing their stored items and/or earned rewards upon disconnecting from the arena.
    • Fixed blocks not restoring when burned by fire.
    • Fixed an issue with entry fees. They should no longer cause any problems.
    • Fixed slimes. That's right! Slimes that spawn as a result of bigger slimes splitting upon death are now considered arena monsters. This also means that Slimes no longer drop slime balls; as intended.
    • Revamped the repairing algorithm. It is now MUCH more sophisticated, and is capable of repairing not only signs and containers, but also torches, doors and beds. Redstone -should- repair properly as well, but it is still slightly buggy.
    • Added support for restorable containers. Registered chests, dispensers, and furnaces will have their contents stored upon arena start, and restored at arena end. This is useful for providing the arena players with chests with e.g. upgrades or food.
    • Added new commands (for the feature above) - /ma addcontainer <name>, /ma delcontainer <name>, /ma containers. These commands work much like the the spawnpoint commands. To add a container, simply look at the container and type /ma addcontainer <name>.
    Changelog (continued)

apes, chakyl, Steffion and 64 others like this.
  2. Offline

garbagemule

@killerhunt0 - Check the Commands-page on the Wiki. Server crashes is EXACTLY the reason I didn't want to store player inventories in the first place. v0.92.4 should have the bug fixed entirely, but until then, use /ma restore.

3. Offline

killerhunt0

@garbagemule I was actually referring to icomony money. I will try the /ma restore right now.

4. Offline

garbagemule

@killerhunt0 - There is no support for iConomy in MobArena at all, so I don't know what you mean by refund :confused:

5. Offline

killerhunt0

@garbagemule - My bad i forgot i had implemented Turnstil. Silly me i guess i need a few more hours of sleep. Sorry for wasting you time man.

6. Offline

AstroNit

I have a problem whereupon it won't let me use any in game commands. For example I'll type "/ma setregion p1" and it'll say
    "/ma join - Join the arena"
    /ma leave - Leave the arena
    /ma notready - List of players who aren't ready
    /ma spectate - Warp to the spectator area"
    Then if I type in any of those commands the same thing'll come up.
    I'm guessing it's just detecting the "/ma" bit and nothing after it.
    It's not that I don't have the permissions as mine say
    Permissions:
    - "*"
    If you could help that'd be great

7. Offline

dskuf97

I have updated to MobArena 0.92.3 and i have this bug where my players can't use some of the classes, yet they can use other classes. I, being op, can use all of the classes. I have permissions and I have all the classes set up in permissions like so for my players:
    - mobarena.classes.Archer
    - mobarena.classes.Tank
    - mobarena.classes.Knight
    - mobarena.classes.Wolf Tamer
    - mobarena.classes.Chef
    The first 3 classes are unusable by my players yet usable by any ops. Could you help me by sending me a private message? Thanks for your time.

8. Offline

Flamers

@dskuf97 just use mobarena.classes.* it's much easier :)

9. Offline

lloyd menzies

Hey garbage, my players are inpatient.

I have set my config up so that the 1st wave begins after 1 minute. I would like to know if you could make it possible so that if there is no Builder class present the timer till the 1st wave becomes shorter. And when a builder is present that the config time is extended. For example, make the builder class a default.

Code:
    first-wave-delay: 60

//Overrides first-wave-delay with this value if builder class is present
    Builder-override-first-wave-delay: 120
    Thanks, hope you can implement this in the arena.

10. Offline

garbagemule

@killerhunt0 - No worries :)

@AstroNit - Follow the steps in the Troubleshooting section of the main post, please.

@dskuf97 - Class signs and permission nodes are case sensitive. Make sure your signs are well-typed and match both the permissions and the class names in the config-file.

@lloyd menzies - Sorry, not gonna happen. The idea is alright, but with a bit more work, you can do exactly what you want with the current version of MobArena. I'm not going to add another setting to the classes to tag them as builders or non-builders, and I'm not going to do inventory scanning for certain items to tag classes as builders or non-builders. It's WAY too much bloat for something that is so easily remedied by two arenas. Furthermore, your first wave delay shouldn't be over 10 seconds anyway. Why would you make your players wait for a whole minute after starting the arena? :confused:

11. Offline

lloyd menzies

I would like to give the builder class time to get a small fort built and ok

12. Offline

garbagemule

@lloyd menzies - The "camping" approach conflicts with how MobArena is intended to be used. I think the alternative approaches are interesting, but the spirit of MobArena is teamwork and monster combat. With just 10 seconds of wave delay, a builder class can easily build a quick wall or barricade. When the monsters start spawning, the team mates of the builder class can fight off monsters while the builder finishes. Otherwise, like I said, make two arenas - one with a short delay, and one with a long delay.

13. Offline

Agnate

@garbagemule Not sure why, but the new version doesn't want to recognize my commands (says "unknown console command"), whereas the previous version works perfectly. Here's the error:

Code:
    2011-07-13 17:03:31 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\MobArena.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:60)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:199)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:122)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

I tried redownloading the plugin, so not sure what's doing it. No other plugins installed, and running 953.

14. Offline

garbagemule

@Agnate - That's only the second time I've ever seen the ZipException. Are you replacing the .jar while the server is running? If so, try while the server isn't running. If it still doesn't work, try grabbing the file from the mirror (directly from github).

15. I've being using this plugin for a LONG time now and suddenly when i type a command i gives "unknown command" help!!!

My config
    Code:
    # MobArena Configuration-file
    # Please go to https://github.com/garbagemule/MobArena/wiki/Installing-MobArena for more details.
    global-settings:
        update-notification: true
        enabled: true
        allowed-commands: /list, /pl, /say, /ungod
    classes:
        Medic:
            items: stone_sword, bread:6, grilled_pork:4, mushroom_soup, cake:3, cookie:15
            armor: 314,315,316,317
        Oddjob:
            items: stone_sword, grilled_pork, netherrack:2, cookie:3, fishing_rod
            armor: 298,299,300,301
        Tank:
            items: iron_sword, grilled_pork:3, apple
            armor: 310,311,312,313
        Knight:
            items: diamond_sword, grilled_pork:2
            armor: 306,307,308,309
        Archer:
            items: wood_sword, bow, grilled_pork:2, arrow:64, arrow:64, arrow:64, arrow:64, arrow:64
        Wolf Master:
            items: stone_sword, grilled_pork, bone:2
        Block Man:
            items: stone_sword, grilled_pork, cake, netherrack:25, 324, 45:10, 20:7, 53:3, 285, 23, 262:64, 262:64, 331:5, 77
            armor: 314,315,316,317
        Pyro:
            items: iron_sword, flint_and_steel, flint_and_steel, grilled_pork:2
            armor: 306,307,308,309
        War Medic:
            items: diamond_sword, cake:8
        Pumpkin Head:
            items: 283, 320, 282, 314
            armor: 86,315,316,317
    arenas:
        pa:
            settings:
                world: world
                enabled: false
                protect: true
                clear-wave-before-next: true
                detonate-creepers: false
                detonate-damage: false
                lightning: true
                auto-equip-armor: true
                force-restore: false
                soft-restore: false
                soft-restore-drops: false
                require-empty-inv-join: true
                require-empty-inv-spec: true
                hellhounds: false
                pvp-enabled: false
                monster-infight: false
                allow-teleporting: false
                player-limit: 0
                repair-delay: 5
                first-wave-delay: 12
                wave-interval: 4
                special-modulo: 4
                max-idle-time: 0
            waves:
                default:
                    spiders: 4
                    creepers: 1
                    skeletons: 7
                    wolves: 0
                    zombies: 10
                special:
                    ghasts: 0
                    zombie-pigmen: 10
                    slimes: 10
                    powered-creepers: 10
                    giants: 0
                    humans: 10
                    angry-wolves: 10
            rewards:
                waves:
                    after:
                        '7': minecart, storage_minecart, powered_minecart, arrow:64
                        '16': diamond_sword
                        '13': 283, 264:2, gold_ingot:10
                        '11': 314,315,316,317
                    every:
                        '3': 265, 320, 357:3
                        '10': iron_ingot:10, gold_ingot:8, diamond
                        '5': 306, iron_ingot:2, gold_ingot:3, cake
            coords:
                p1: 14,62,25,-224.19727,19.349955
                p2: 57,80,65,-52.4469,3.2999582
                arena: 36,69,45,-180.09656,0.29997027
                spawnpoints:
                    s1: 25,68,54,-130.59656,9.149996
                    s2: 25,68,36,-49.14673,7.0499973
                    s3: 46,68,36,-314.94727,11.699998
                    s4: 46,68,54,-225.54724,1.0499952
                spectator: 36,78,45,-90.400826,9.899993
                lobby: 35,69,61,-270.3968,0.59981555
                l1: 28,65,53,-44.048584,51.00007
                l2: 45,76,69,-240.99873,29.850086
        zs:
            settings:
                world: world
                enabled: true
                protect: false
                clear-wave-before-next: true
                detonate-creepers: false
                detonate-damage: false
                lightning: true
                auto-equip-armor: true
                force-restore: false
                soft-restore: true
                soft-restore-drops: false
                require-empty-inv-join: true
                require-empty-inv-spec: false
                hellhounds: true
                pvp-enabled: false
                monster-infight: false
                allow-teleporting: false
                player-limit: 0
                repair-delay:4
                first-wave-delay: 12
                wave-interval: 4
                special-modulo: 4
                max-idle-time: 0
            waves:
                default:
                    spiders: 10
                    creepers: 10
                    skeletons: 10
                    wolves: 10
                    zombies: 10
                special:
                    ghasts: 0
                    zombie-pigmen: 10
                    slimes: 10
                    powered-creepers: 10
                    giants: 0
                    humans: 10
                    angry-wolves: 10
            rewards:
                waves:
                    after:
                        '7': minecart, storage_minecart, powered_minecart, arrow:64
                        '16': diamond_sword
                        '13': 283, 264:2, gold_ingot:10
                        '11': 314,315,316,317
                    every:
                        '3': 265, 320, 357:3
                        '10': iron_ingot:10, gold_ingot:8, diamond
                        '5': 306, iron_ingot:2, gold_ingot:3, cake
            coords:
                p1: 45,64,64,200.00294,38.099876
                p2: 76,93,96,54.652946,24.149889
                spawnpoints:
                    s1: 65,68,85,153.80006,28.850027
                    s2: 57,68,85,203.30006,5.6000347
                lobby: 61,69,64,-0.5471802,2.3999846
                arena: 61,69,83,180.5001,3.2000434
                spectator: 60,81,83,180.50296,20.249998
    Edit: I redownload the plugin and used my old announcement and config file and same thing. Ans i tried to look for errors but there was none

16. Offline

cirbyfirst

When i was messing around in the arena and useing random commands i did /butcher
    one of the many commands on my server and it worked,although it sayed"cant use that command in mobarena"
    it allso did the command.

17. Offline

ShadowsOfFate

Hey Garbage. I love your plugin except im having trouble with the protect. the arena works perfectly fine except that some blocks are not becoming protected whilst a block 1 down from the protected one is not. i dont understand why its being weird lol. im trying to get it all protected so we dont have holes every where. sometimes one or 2 blocks in random places will be unprotected in the floor of the arena and get popped up yet the block literally right next to it is fine. its confusing xD. ive tried setting the protect command /ma setregion p1 and p2 in varying places of different depths and heights yet its still not working righr. ive tried outside the arena. in the spectator block of the arena. 5 blocks below the arena. Maybe im being a tard but everything else is working completly fine. I only have Mobarena. Simple Skylands and Giant Tree's pluggins installed. anyways best wishes and i hope you can help :D I mean should i download the worldguard pluggin and try that? im lost xD

18. Offline

Legolas75893

1. Can't wait till I get my new host so I can implement this again :D amazing plugin.
    2. To the guy with the 60sec first-wave-delay...wut.

19. Offline

garbagemule

@greenlizardgamerz - Please follow the Troubleshooting-steps.

@cirbyfirst - Thanks for the report. Not sure if I can do anything about it, though.

@ShadowsOfFate - You shouldn't have to download WorldGuard. Try lowering your repair-delay to 0.

Updated to v0.92.4
    Not quite enough to be a new feature release, but I added some new stuff, including logging and limiting the join distance. Other than that, there are a couple of revamps and bug fixes. Make sure to check your config-files for the new settings, and update the announcements-file as well.

@ArcFox @Agnate - Hopefully the information logged is sufficient. If not, let me know what more you need :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  20. Offline

ShadowsOfFate

I put it in a code thingy. i hope that fixed the formatting problem. ive been just using regular notepad

Code:
    @garbagemule
    lol damn my server got pissed at me for editing that number. it tweaked out and crashed the server. i had to reload a backup i had saved and its still yelling at me.

151 recipes
    16 achievements
    22:05:01 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.2
    22:05:01 [INFO] Loading properties
    22:05:01 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.0.100:25565
    22:05:01 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-904-
    g9277096-b953jnks (MC: 1.7.2)
    22:05:01 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\MobArena.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    mapping values are not allowed here
    in "<reader>", line 44, column 56:
    ... y: 5 first-wave-delay: 5
    ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchValue(ScannerImpl.java:74
    5)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.ja
    va:307)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:18
    3)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseBlockMappingKey.produce(Par
    serImpl.java:564)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeMappingNode(Composer.java
    :228)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeNode(Composer.java:160)
    :230)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.composeDocument(Composer.java:12
    2)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:105)

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseCons
    tructor.java:124)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:82)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:157)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:175)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:199)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:122)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigur
    ationManager.java:51)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

I was getting this error till i loaded the backup. no idea what any of it means xD

22:05:01 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    22:05:01 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: 3929750890523201549)
    22:05:02 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: -389938596503321124)
    22:05:02 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 69%
    22:05:02 [INFO] [Giant Trees] version 0.3.1 is enabled
    22:05:02 [INFO] SimpleSave: Parts of config file are blank, but not null. Possib
    le errors might happen.
    22:05:02 [INFO] SimpleSave: DON'T! Post this 'warning' on the thread.
    22:05:02 [INFO] SimpleSave: 3.22 Initialized
    22:05:02 [INFO] Activating skylands world
    22:05:02 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 2 (Seed: -8444236979960353726)
    22:05:03 [INFO] Done (0.169s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at net.minecraft.server.StatisticCollector.<clinit>(SourceFile:5)
    at net.minecraft.server.StatisticList.<clinit>(SourceFile:31)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.main(MinecraftServer.java:489)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main.main(Main.java:99)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.Properties$LineReader.readLine(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Properties.load0(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Properties.load(Unknown Source)
    at net.minecraft.server.StatisticStorage.<init>(SourceFile:17)
    at net.minecraft.server.StatisticStorage.<clinit>(SourceFile:8)
    ... 4 more
    Press any key to continue . . .

21. Offline

garbagemule

@ShadowsOfFate - Thanks for the stacktrace, but PLEASE post it in a pastie/pastebin, or in a CODE-block, so it doesn't take up so much space, and so the formatting is retained. It's crucial for readability. Your problem is with whatever editor you use. Use a proper text editor like Notepad++, if you're on Windows, and make sure you're not using tabs (use 4 spaces instead).

22. Offline

ShadowsOfFate

@garbagemule okay, i put it in a codebin for you. sorry about that. i just signed up for this today so i dont know the little ethics yet :). okay i downloaded and am editing with notepad++ now. hopefully this will work better. thank you for the help! i love your plugin :)

as a final note. i was able to fix the problem. i had to have mobarena recreate the text file so it fixed that formatting issue. notepad++ is really nice btw. i like the formatting in it. its not throwing errors anymore which is good. ill resetup my arena and see what trouble it brings. thanks again! lol okay so now its completely protecting against monsters but my players can break it xD. fml. i may need to just make the entire thing out of bedrock so my players dont steal the armors xD

23. Hi, my name is Ryan or you can call me Journey. I was wondering if you could use my video of your MobArena as a reference? I don't do a tutorial more of just a showcase, if you can just post it. (http://youtube.com/user/TheJourneyScheme)

24. Fixed it apparently it had something to do with the config file.

25. Offline

AstroNit

I did the first 3 step of the troubleshooting, problem is I can't do the last as it's a multiplay server

26. Offline

Delois

Would love an option to announce to server when a game starts and ends so people done need to spam /ma j to play. Maybe something like "The arena game just ended, Delois was the last to survive and lived 12min, 30seconds. Type /ma j to play the next game"

Also would like a feature that the first person to join must wait a little time before the game starts to give other players time to join.

27. Offline

darkwarriors

this plugin goes in conflict with mcMMO plugins ( skill taming ). when a wolf was killed in arena taming skill continuos to incresing itself during all the arena

28. I have a question. Is there a way to make the amount of mobs in a Special Wave increase as well? Last night, I reached wave #92 with two of my friends and the special waves were really noob. Even humans with 100 hp and Pigzombies with 72 hp (both 6 or 7 attack power) were a laughing matter for us.
    The only way to make special waves harder for us is by increasing the amount of enemies. Is that possible, or will it be possible in the (near) future?

29. Offline

garbagemule

@ShadowsOfFate - Glad you found the cause of your first problem! Try going through the Troubleshooting-steps so you can identify your second problem. There really isn't much else I can help you with.

@TheJourneyScheme - I don't know what I would use any of your videos for. None of them show anything related to MobArena :confused:

@greenlizardgamerz - Glad you found the issue!

@AstroNit - So you have absolutely no access to any kind of server log?

@Delois - Not a bad idea. I'm a bit worried that some people will find the (possibly) many announcements annoying and disturbing. I've compiled this build for you to try. Whenever a player types /ma join, and the arena is running, they will get added to a set of players that will get the arena end announcement (which has also been fixed in this build). Let me know if it does the trick.

@darkwarriors - I know, and the problem is not with MobArena, but with mcMMO. There's not much I can do about it, unless this build solves the problem. Please try it and let me know if the problem persists. If so, you'll have to disable wolves and angry wolves in MobArena until mcMMO gets fixed.

@Metonymia - Wow! Wave #92! Your arena must be really, really easy, or your classes are overpowered! Perhaps increase the difficulty yourself? There are plenty of settings in MobArena that will allow you to increase the difficulty to a point where you won't be able to make it past wave 15 unless you spam /butcher. Waves will be more customizable in v1.0.

30. Offline

Ratchet

i'm still getting the bug where the first time I pick a class I am given the correct amount of arrows/items, but if I choose another class and go back, it gives me only 1 stack. it does this every time.

also players are complaining that when creepers blow up land around them and they fall into the hole, as it gets restored they get spammed with "teleporting not allowed in the arena!"
    can we remove this message somehow? nobody can teleport anyway because there are no commands enabled in there.

also i'm still getting reports of players taming levels increasing from mcMMO when they are not in the arena, hope you can fix this conflict cause mcMMO is a really core plugin for my server and i'm sure many others :/

31. Offline

garbagemule

@Ratchet - First issue: I don't know how to fix it. Simply put arrow:64, arrow:64, etc. Another user has confirmed that this works. Second issue: Set repair-delay: 0 and there won't be any Creeper holes to fall into. Third issue: Try the build I linked to darkwarriors in my post above. If that doesn't work, the issue is with mcMMO, and not MobArena.