Inactive [FUN]/[MECH] PickPocket v0.1 - A Thief Plugin: Steal objects from another player [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by FlingeR, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Offline

FlingeR

PickPocket - A Thief Plugin: Steal objects from another player
    Version: v0.1

This plugin is based on the ideas generated on this post:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/a-plugin-for-pick-pocketing.10632/

Description:
    PickPocket gives the ability of stealing objects from other users useing a tool, when a player attack another with the defined tool (bucket by default) the plugin select a random object from the victim’s inventory and check what is the probability for stealing that object from the items.properties file, if the thief wins, the item is remove from the player and is delivered to the thief, if not, the victim recive a warning and the thif could loose some life or the tool used (configurable).

Features:
    • Fully customizable messages.
    • Permissions/GroupManager+FakePermissions or OPs Support.

- Download v0.1
    - Source Code

Example config.yml:
    - Download example.
    PickPocketTool: Data Value of the that Item will be used as tool for PickPocket (a bucket for default).
    DamageOnFail: Damage that the Thief will recive if he fail while trying to steal (0 for disable).
    LooseToolOnFail: if the Thief will loose the tool if he fail while trying to steal (YES for enable).
    %t = Thief.
    %v = Victim.
    %i = Item.

Example items.properties:
    - Download example.
    format:
    so:
    ITEM=1 -> Is always stolen.
    ITEM=0 -> Is never stolen (or you can remove the element from the list, is the same…).
    ITEM=0.5 -> has 50% of probabilities of been stolen.

Permissions Nodes:
    Known Bugs:
    • None so far detected, but expecting many !!!
    Changelog:
    Version 0.1:
    • Release
    Donate:
    If you like something i do, you can:
    [​IMG]

m5k, Garloth and AS1LV3RN1NJA like this.
  2. Offline

Nytemare3701

If sneaking will be a requirement, please make it an OPTION in the config. I use sprint (which uses the sneak button)

3. Four suggestions:

1. Add the ability to use different tools to pickpocket, with configurable rates of success (for example, a wooden hoe could have a 50% chance of obtaining an item, while a diamond one would have a 95% chance).
    2. Change the probability of individual items being obtained.
    3. Hook into iConomy so players can steal currency as well as/instead of items.
    4. Fix your grammar in the configuration files, and make it so that it doesn't tell the person being stolen from that they've been, well, stolen from by default.

4. Offline

Armalyra

I think this is a great start.

Maybe look into making this work with McMMO. They don't have a thief skill and this would fit perfectly I think.

Also add iConomy support so you can still money from people!

This would add greatly to the popularity of your awesome plugin :)

Thank you for your hard work!

5. Can u make a youtube movie of how to download and use. I've downloaded but using bucket don't do anything. Maybe cause i'm on PVP server?

6. Offline

Haekon

another vote for iCon support. I suppose it'll have to wait till after 1.6 breaks everything lulz.

7. Offline

DMX

Can you upgrade it to 1.5 ?

8. Offline

Phealoon

I have been using this plugin for a while, and it is awesome. Unfortunately, I have discovered that the thief skill does not work in a NO-PVP zone. Will there be any way to have the thief class use leftclick instead of rightclick??

-Phea

9. Offline

6y7t8h

still works for 818?

10. Offline

Nazerb

Is this up for 818?

11. Offline

Phealoon

It has to many glitches with other pvp plugins. I doubt it will be updated soon as it still in the 740's buld and we are already at 818. This plugin is awesome, I wish it was set as a right-click instead of leftclick, it would work better that way.

-Phea

12. Offline

ravyn

agreed right click would be great and a tool specified.. like gold swords which are pointless, could be used.

13. Offline

cholo71796

For grammatical purposes, should read like:
    If it says "steal you," it means that you are stealing the person, like in a kidnapping. Lose and loose have very different meanings. Also, exclamation points are overused!!!!!!

14. Offline

MojoManagement

Integrate cooldown maybe?

15. Offline

Deathfromace

Does this still work? Was thinking of adding it to my server but figured I would check first.

16. Offline

Phealoon

No, its completely broke now, all the players on my server just get hurt when they hit each other with the bucket. When the dev finally fixes it, we will re-add it to our server.

-Phea

17. Offline

m5k

Any possibility that someone could update this? I hate the other pickpocket plugin, it requires a ton of commands and works in a completely different way.

18. Hmm, give me a little bit to do RestartNow and... ;)

19. Offline

Kainzo

does anyone know if this works on 953?

20. Offline

Insanehero

Yes, it works on 953.

21. Offline

jlu

Craftbukkit 1000 is ok with dat?

22. Offline

dak393

@FlingeR get this integrated with heroes ^^^ That would make my day (at least as a skill made with the api)

23. Offline

flozza83

Dont know why, but, this plugin dont work on my server. It correctly loads, but cant stole anything and nobody can. Tried many things... CB 1000

24. Offline

m5k

I'm stunned. After 2 months of looking for devs to revive this, it's back on track by itself and I haven't received a notification >_<.

Nevermind, doesn't work on 1060.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  25. Offline

MasterKitty

will you update to 1060?

26. Offline

Nurgo

Hi, can you please use the right-click instead of left-click? I think that it could solve the compatibility use with plugins like mcMMO.
    Can you also make it so that you have to be sneaking when you try to steal?
    Keep up the good work !

27. Offline

m5k

He hasn't looked here for the past 6 months.

MuttsNuts likes this.
  28. Offline

Nurgo

The best alternative for PickPocket could be to include this feature as a new skill in mcMMO.
    If several persons ask, may be that they will do it...

29. The pick pocket permission dosen't work players are still able to steal item's from groups with

- 'PickPocket.protected'

Any ideas on a fix?

30. Offline

Thyrin

Would love to have this updated with the current bukkit build.

Meganperk likes this.
  31. Offline

Meganperk

^

first one to revive this for bukkit gets $50 from me