[FUN/MECH] npcx (v0.0.31) - The NPC eXtender (now for 1.8.1) [1097-1157]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by wizjany, May 9, 2011.

1. Offline

wizjany

npcx - The NPC eXtender
    Version: 0.0.31

UPDATE: mixxit has took the initiative to update the npclib to 1.8, all credit for this update goes to him! it should work on any 1.8 version of craftbukkit

If you are having trouble, please read the old thread here and the included readme.txt that mixxit left. If you know of any other tutorials, do post and I'll add them.

Info Update: Well long story short I am beginning to get bored of Minecraft and I don't have as much time as I would like to develop this plugin. This probably means that the rewrite I had planned is just going to die. Besides lack of time and motivation, I find it extremely pointless to write an API for NPCs outside of bukkit/craftbukkit, which makes the rewrite I was working on very frustrating. However, I will continue to update mixxit's code for new versions of minecraft, but don't expect any new features or anything.
    Update 2: As NPCs are being planned natively for 1.8 (the adventure update), I will probably be working on a (separate) plugin or directly with the NPC API if I have time.

Note: If you have iConomy, make sure you have at least version 5+ or you'll get an error like this.
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event WHATEVER_EVENT to npcx
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/iConomy/iConomy
    You should also be able to add "use-iConomy=false" in the npcx properties file.

If you're having trouble installing MySql on windows, here's a nice guide: http://forums.bukkit.org/posts/293544, thanks to Atticus Craft. Basic WAMP/LAMP/MAMP servers should work fine too, just make sure you have the username/password correct and the database with permissions to the right user.

Features:
    • You can create npcs
    • And they do stuff
    • Everything should work like it did in mixxit's last version
    And by "work like it did" I mean I have no clue if there were bugs from then, but they're probably still around now. Please report any you find so I can take them into consideration.

For MC 1.8.1 (1097+, no RB yet) Download
    For MC 1.7 (937+, 953, 1k): Download
    For MC 1.6 (807+): Download
    For MC 1.5 (740-803): Download
    Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 0.0.31
    • Updated to MC 1.8.1 (by Mixxit)
    Version 0.0.3
    • Updated for Grum's internal renaming
    Version 0.0.2
    • Updated for 1.6
    Version 0.0.1
    • Updated for 1.5
    • Began code revamp
    All credits go to mixxit for his work. Special thanks to sk89q and fullwall, even if they don't know they helped.

wassilij, Zoaen, nathanaelps and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

EyhSteve

quickclay likes this.
  3. Offline

mrgreaper

4. Offline

wizjany

you havent read the first post have you?
    ps in case anyone didnt notice mixxit has reappeared and seems to be updating

5. Offline

mrgreaper

ah no, well yes a while back i noticed the 2 had changed to a 3 and just checked the last post. thats rather sad news citizens is the only other npc plugin and as i have said caused our server considerble displeasure

Mixxit updating though gives hope! :)

bored of minecraft? thats crazy talk!!! impossible!!! (or err, i wish you the best in all your future endeavors)

6. Offline

quickclay

I found the key with Citizens is to not spread out the npcs all over the place, but rather keep them confined to populated regions. I think the lag comes from the constant chunk loading required whereever they are.

7. Offline

rockxz2135

What does this plugin do? You said npcs that do stuff? what stuff?!

8. Offline

wizjany

have you read the readme and mixxit's post like I told you to?

PS can anyone confirm this still works on recent RBs? I dont believe anything big has changed but I can't test it myself for another week.

9. Offline

joevengence

Is working for me using CB1000

10. Offline

TheCamachoNater

Is this Plugin Capable with Build 1000?

11. Offline

wizjany

Are you fucking kidding me? Please tell me you are attempting to be funny or trolling or something.

12. Offline

darkwarriors

13. Offline

TheCamachoNater

When I Posted that the 1000 Versions didnt come out yet!

14. Offline

Evan Melvin

Is there a way to disable the help notifications when I'm talking to an npc? (telling the player to tyep the word in the brackets, etc).

Also, when overwriting the default responses, I seem to be getting the original default response as well as the new one.

15. Offline

wizjany

I don't believe so for the first part.
    As for the second part I think you have to manually delete the rows in the database as trigger words aren't stored by word but rather by a unique number so an npc can have multiple responses to a single trigger.

16. Offline

Yeraze21

Ok, so it took me a while but I finally got NPCX working.. it works great :)

The only glitch I'm having right now is that I made a few bandits... They work great for kiling even god-mode players :) But they seem to be invincible.. I've set loottables for them, and given them weapons/armor.. But they seem unkillable. Have I done something wrong?

17. Offline

Zoaen

Help i try to attack an npc they take no dmg using normal attacks

18. Offline

Mr_H4mm3r

Are this extending Citiziens or just a another plugin?? And if it's a standalone plugin what does this plugin to be better than citiziens??

19. When mine is processing the configuration it cant do start service please help me.

20. Offline

vivanewvegas

Altough i like this plugin very much, i can't delete NPC's in-game. I installed it on a ubuntu 11.04 linux server. (server edition of course). MySql works only i get a 'severe error' when i try to delete a spawngroup. Some help with that would be nice.
    Anyway, great plugin! Now i can finally guard my secret bunker with NPC's i don't have to pay! :)

21. Offline

Slyvr89

I wish someone would get this mod back up and running because it's so much better than Citizens is right now! I'm getting errors and since nobody is working on this mod I'll be forced to start over with Citizens mod :(

22. Offline

wizjany

Is Citizens really that bad right now? :confused:
    any particular errors here? i thought mixxit was coming back but it looks like he's disappeared again

23. Offline

Slyvr

There's no documentation for Citizens, it doesn't use a database like npcx, and it doesn't seem as developed yet as npcx. And I'm getting this error in the console whenever I attack an NPC. The NPC makes one step and freezes:
    Code:
    09:52:13 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(I)Lnet/minecra
    ft/server/EntityTracker;
    09:52:13 [SEVERE]       at net.gamerservices.npclibfork.CHumanNpc.animateArmSwing(Unknown Source)
    09:52:13 [SEVERE]       at net.gamerservices.npclibfork.BasicHumanNpc.attackLivingEntity(Unknown Sou
    rce)
    09:52:13 [SEVERE]       at net.gamerservices.npclibfork.BasicHumanNpc.doThinkGreater(Unknown Source)

09:52:13 [SEVERE]       at net.gamerservices.npcx.npcx.think(Unknown Source)
    09:52:13 [SEVERE]       at net.gamerservices.npcx.Tick.run(Unknown Source)
    09:52:13 [SEVERE]       at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    09:52:13 [SEVERE]       at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    >
    edit: the error is with npcx...although I haven't always had this error. It used to work fine

24. Offline

wizjany

that was fixed in 0.0.3

25. Offline

Slyvr

Ah, ok that seems to work now. Although, now I get this error when attacking an NPC and doing no damage to it:
    Code:
    04:44:37 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to Essentials
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsEntityListener.onEntityDamage(EssentialsEntityListener.
    java:50)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$59.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:656)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.damageEntity(EntityHuman.java:427)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.damageEntity(EntityPlayer.java:180)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.d(EntityHuman.java:566)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:883)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet7UseEntity.a(SourceFile:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Also, none of the triggerwords seem to be working:
    Code:
    04:49:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_TARGET to npcx
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.myPlayer.getPlayerBalance(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.myNPC.variablise(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.myNPC.parseChat(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.myNPC.onPlayerChat(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.myNPC.onRightClick(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npclibfork.BasicHumanNpc.onRightClick(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.npcxEListener.onEntityTarget(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$64.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:691)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
            at net.gamerservices.npclibfork.CHumanNpc.a(Unknown Source)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.c(EntityHuman.java:510)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:876)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet7UseEntity.a(SourceFile:33)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.iConomy.iConomy
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 20 more
    04:49:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_CHAT to npcx
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.myPlayer.getPlayerBalance(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.myNPC.variablise(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.myNPC.parseChat(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.myNPC.onPlayerChat(Unknown Source)
            at net.gamerservices.npcx.npcxPListener.onPlayerChat(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$6.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:279)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:706)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)

26. Offline

wizjany

first one is something with essentials
    latter, see first post

27. Offline

Heaney

Hello.

This is a great plugin!

How do I add PLAYERS to a faction though?

28. Offline

Slyvr

If you know how to access the database, there's a table called factions or something like that. I usually do any editting to the plugin through the database. It's faster than writing it out in game

29. Offline

Heaney

Which table specifically?

I tried player_faction but to no avail...

30. Offline

Slyvr

That should be the right one. I remember having some issue with this too. It might be that you have to turn your bukkit server off before making the changes. But I forget how it was fixed

Edit: Do you try changing some value and it just reverts back to normal?

31. Offline

wizjany

you don't add players to a faction, factions are only for npcs
    that table only stores information about players' standing with factions (once they hit -1000, npcs of that faction become hostile with that player)