Inactive [FUN/MECH] Inferno v1.1 - Notch nerfed fire, bring it back x2 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SwearWord, May 31, 2011.

1. Offline

SwearWord

Inferno: Bring back infinite fire spread. Spreads even faster and farther than original.
    Version: 1.0

Notch nerfed fire and made it lame in his 1.6 release. For you pyromaniacs out there, this plugin brings it make and makes it much deadlier.

WARNING: I take no responsibility for any burned down worlds or structures. It is HIGHLY recommended you install WorldEdit for it's /ex command which puts out nearby fires. This plugin is very dangerous if used carelessly. I suggest LogBlock (configured to log fire damage) to rollback any unforeseen damages.

Download:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/525461/Inferno.jar

See a demo at my server: opencraft.tk

Change Log:

Version 1.1:
    • Fire tries not to spread on top of nonflammable blocks.
    • Spreads even faster.
    Version 1.0:
    • Fire spreads like crazy!

zhuowei and Kaellron like this.
  2. Offline

srsdude

Um, with all due respect, no thanks. I've had enough fire already. I guess some people might want this though.

3. Offline

SwearWord

Haha yeah we've all burnt down things by accident. I use this for fun because it's always nice to see a giant structure burn down. Of course I always roll it back immediately with LogBlock. Great way to scare rule breakers too.

4. Offline

srsdude

yea, on my second server map when Bukkit didn't exist my half wooden house spontaneously combusted... I was so mad >.<

5. Offline

Lolmewn

6. Offline

wasd591

Ok, I'm sorry but... source?

7. Offline

codename_B

So much for trying it out on your server...

8. Offline

SwearWord

Source should be in Jar, if not let me upload it later. I'm on my iPad at the moment. Although I've made some improvements and will probably update it later.

It says see a demo, which means I have to be there to present it :p
    I just checked the server log, sorry for that, people on my server are idiots.

9. Offline

Monkah

VirtualShop.jar? EH?

10. Offline

SwearWord

Oh wow what a stupid mistake. Fixed now.

11. Offline

rakiru

A config that lets you change between old fire and inferno fire would be a good addition.

12. Offline

SwearWord

How about a command?

13. Offline

hskrasek

Command would be nice

14. Offline

rakiru

That would then require it to be done on every restart though.

15. Offline

SwearWord

Okay I'll do a configuration. Kind of busy right now but I will get to it.

What were you using this for that you need it to be on/off? Just for fun?

16. Offline

rakiru

Just so you know, I mean change it back to pre 1.6 speed rather than disable the plugin.

17. Offline

ctek

This is sick,
    i made a spleef arena out of wool, when u start u set the fire and its a deadly game! but since 1.6 it doesnt burn fastenough, thank you for this plugin now i can spleef away again in my fav arena

you are awsome

18. Offline

SwearWord

That's exactly what I used it for. I made a box with a ceiling of wood. And above that wood was 10 layers of sand and players had to survive as it fell. 1.6 killed it.

19. Offline

crohakon

How about a way to configure the speed of spread? I actually thought fire spread was great in 1.5. In 1.6 is just leaves ugly messes. I often use it for clear cutting forests with large trees or burning floating trees. I don't want something that is CRAZY fast. Just something that matches 1.5...

20. Offline

SwearWord

Yeah I was figuring out how to do speeds. It wouldn't be very controllable since I'm not changing how long it takes to spread to the next block, I'm using different techniqiues to spread.

What occurs right now is every time a block burns (gets destroyed via fire) it checks to see if any adjacent blocks are flammable and sets those on fire. Essentially it's the same as old fire spread just faster.

21. Offline

crohakon

What about a delay for each check?

22. Offline

SwearWord

Ehh a delay isn't really a good solution. I can just check less adjacent blocks maybe. Right now it checks all 26 blocks that share a vertex or edge with the burned block. I can let you configure how many to check maybe.

Like I said this won't necessarily burn MORE, just faster.

23. Offline

nznjr

Love it. Thank you.

24. Offline

TruffleDucks

25. Offline

Kaellron

Can you upload the source?

26. Offline

SwearWord

@Kaellron
    Do you really need it?

When a block burns it checks the adjacent blocks (3 dimensional so 26 adjacent blocks) to see if they are flammable and sets them on fire.

27. Offline

Kaellron

Ahh i see was wondering how you did it, and no you don't have to if you don't want to

28. Offline

Jazy Lopez

It would be cool if you could control the firespread... Maybe a simple option to set how intense you want the fire to spread, I just want it to be like before notch nerfed it

29. Offline

minechomp

Same here. I dont need overkill I just dont like nerfed fire...

rakiru likes this.
  30. Offline

Clavus

It'd be really nice if you'd make an option to allow it to be exactly how the old fire behaves (spreads indefinitely but not too fast).