[FUN/MECH]Configurable Cake[Formatted]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by XanderCrews01, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Offline

XanderCrews01

Plugin category: Fun/Mech
    Suggested name: BetterCake/bcake/MagicCake

A bit about me: College student enjoying learning, unfortunately JAVA is not my area of expertise. I enjoy running a minecraft server.

What I want:
    • Configurable food bar heal amount per cake slice.
    I want to add an incentive for people farming wheat crop on my server. Its an economy server so I want to tweak the amount of food bar that cake heals to make it more appealing to buy. People may be more inclined to farm cake for personal use as well.

Ideas for commands:
    • /PLUGINNAME food AmountPerSlice Sets amount to heal per cake slice.
    • /PLUGINNAME reload Reload the plugin.
    These are not really needed, but would be of some convenience at times. Most of the time I would make changes offline and allow them to apply on a reload.

Ideas for permissions:
    • PLUGINNAME.admin allow the use of /PLUGINNAME reload and /PLUGINNAME food

Willing to pay up to: Sorry this is not an option for me right now :'( .

When I'd like it by: Don't really feel like I can request a deadline when I am requesting someone do this out of the kindness of they're heart/interest, and I don't know a thing about plugin coding.

2. Offline

zeroin34

I would love this on my server !

3. Could you reserve this for me? I will try my best to code this in the next few days.

I am new to java and bukkit development but I am sure this will be easy enough!

Keir

4. Offline

XanderCrews01

That would be great. This is something I have wanted for a long time. Im surprised its not already a plugin. Cake is cool!

5. Yeah, I will also try and add a config file.

Keir

6. Offline

XanderCrews01

Thank you, this is all very appreciated.

7. Ok, it may take me a few to days to get this to you as I am coding another Plugin just now but once I am finished that I will start work on your Plugin.

8. Offline

XanderCrews01

No worries, I know you have a few other plugins that you work on.

9. Offline

XanderCrews01

Hey, just wondering if your still interested in doing this?

10. Really sorry but you might wanna give the job to someone else. I am now quite busy over the next few weeks :(

Sorry I would've done this if I had the time.

11. Offline

XanderCrews01

No problem. If anybody else wants to do this that would be great! :rolleyes:
    It would give farming a boost on my server.

12. Offline

XanderCrews01

Hey everyone. I would appreciate it if someone could give this a try. Thanks.

13. Offline

ronyzzn

Hey ! I try it .. wait and see :D

14. Offline

XanderCrews01

Awesome. Keep me up to date on you progress :).

15. Offline

ronyzzn

Yeah, now my friends are online and i just wanne play CoD :D. Tomorrow I'll look for a PlayerEatListener ore sth. else... If sth. like this doesn't exist I'll code a left klick listener

ronyzzn

16. Offline

XanderCrews01

k. I may be wrong, but I thought right click was for eating cake.

17. Offline

newboyhun

Sorry for my bad english,but i don't know what you want.
    So you want to set the food the restore for ALL CAKE IN THE WORLD?
    Or you want to set it with looking to at it and change it with command?

18. Offline

XanderCrews01

I want a plugin that can change how much a persons hunger goes down (is filled) when they eat a slice of cake, and if possible an additional configurable health heal amount.

19. Offline

newboyhun

It will be done tonight.

20. Offline

XanderCrews01

Thanks man your a legend if you do it (Even if its not done tonight).

21. Offline

newboyhun

I'm just learning plugin developing,but this one teached me a lot =D
    Here it is.
    I hopes it work 100%.
    And this is what u wanted.
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Permission is : newboy.SetCake.admin

Commands:
    /setcake food amount
    /setcake heal amount
    /setcake reload

/setcake heal 0 -- means no heal

/setcake food 2 -- this is the default because cake restores 2 food (it's added as default for config file)

@XanderCrews01
    Oww just one question:
    I just found that,if you have just 1 health and hunger is filled,then the player get the health,but the cake is the same.
    Hmmm,if the player's hunger is filled then don't restore health
    Or if player's hunger is filled but health not ,then restore health and eat 1 piece of cake,like as normal,but with heal.

So? =D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  22. Offline

XanderCrews01

Ok, so its sort of working. It seems that a cake slice is only removed from the cake when a player is missing the exact amount of hunger that the cake can heal or more. For example.

feed-amount: 10
    heal-amount: 10
    To be clear I understand that in the case of food and health 20 is the max.
    If the above values are set in the config the cake will only lose a slice if the player is missing at least 10 food points, or half. Otherwise the cake becomes a source of infinite food.
    Food levels are restored, but even with max hunger points (20/20) the cake doesnt lose a slice.
    Ill keep testing it and get back to you :)

lol yeah I was writing my test results as you posted yours. So im testing what you said about having full hunger and it not restoring health. It would be nice if the cake slices were removed if you get health, food, or both restored.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  23. Offline

ronyzzn

24. Offline

XanderCrews01

Credit goes to newboyhun. I just tested it.