[FUN/MECH] BookWorm v1.14 - Read and write books[BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by nisovin, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Grey_M62

I love this. The only thing i want is the ability to change the book name. Not the name, but instead of 'book' in your inventory, have the ability to customize. Say we wrote a book called: 'example1' by 'yourname'. Instead of it saying 'book' in your inventory, you could add in config the ability to customize it. Like so:

%t = title
    %a = author
    %i = book ID

So, you could write 'Inv-name:' as a line in config, to change the inventory name, so you could change it to:

%t by %a - would be example1 by yourname
    or
    %t - would be example1 (My favorite)
    or
    Book %i - would be Book 340 : (1/2/3/...)

and so on.
    This would be a great addition. Thank you!

2. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Is this seriously not already possible? Note though, it would require Spout.

As an additional note, now that item tooltips have subtitles it would seem sensible to use a pair of these for the book title, so you end up with a tooltip looking something like this:

3. Offline

Grey_M62

That would make a bit of sense as well, but for some reason, spoutcraft isn't working for me. is there a way to get it as a mod to install?
    I also wish that you could spawn a specific book. like type /i (or /give or whatever) 340:[id]
    That would be great.

4. Offline

diskman2011

To make books STACK in 1.0 change this in the config.yml

I had to DIG all over the net for this code. Works on my CB1602.

Note for Minecraft 1.0: The new secret-amazing-code-do-not-change config value is "bQ".

5. Offline

Donmon

Suggestion: (maybe this is alrdy suggested) Being able to type in .txt files outside of minecraft and to make it a book per a copy/paste or command.

Otherwise:
    It is an AWSOME plug-in!

6. Offline

dockter

The 1.9 version isn't on bukkit dev.

7. Offline

rtcabooservb

Would it be possible to change the /bw command to something else? I use the buttonwarp command and that also uses the alias /bw.

8. Offline

Beldarak

Thank you so much.

9. Offline

Pomme72

Awesome plugin, man.

You should add [Spout] on the title of the topic for more use ! :)

10. Offline

Stormbow

Probably one of my most favorite "for kicks" plugins.

Question: Was this the plugin (when combined with another?) that allowed books/bookshelves to teach players spells?

11. Offline

NazzyDragon

How do I edit the book authors?

12. Offline

rabbits

Know what, I'm just gonna leave this here and find a solution. Love you, bunnies.
    Code:
    15:09:46 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling BookWorm v1.1 (Is it up to date?
    ): org.bukkit.ChatColor.getChar()C
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.ChatColor.getChar()C
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.BookWorm.loadConfig(BookWorm.java:310)
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.BookWorm.onEnable(BookWorm.java:143)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:989)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:280)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:190)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:173
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:356)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:343)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:175)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

13. Offline

lilkitty99

sorry if this annoys anybody but this plugin doesn't work on my server. It says
    and it really annoys me as I need it to work coz my friends want to write books please help!!!
    -lilkitty99 (Mr.Creeper[creeper])

14. Offline

Flameykumori

could you find a way to be able to copy and paste stories written out of the game? it'd be awesome to plugin my own stories, or just type up stories for the game itself in an easier fashion.

15. If you create a book ingame you have it in a .txt-file in the pluginfolder (bookworms).
    Just create a book with a title and add all the text in the textfile instead and change every linebreak with ::

Yes. This together with MagicSpells works like that. You could put a spell in a book so others could learn it from that book. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  16. Offline

Flameykumori

thanks alot! :3

17. Offline

hammale

18. Offline

Flameykumori

i have a suffestion. if possible could you make it so that the book opens and you can read the text inside the book and turn the pages?

19. Offline

Stormbow

Error received after updating server to 1.1.0:
    Code:
    12:08:34 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling BookWorm v1.1 (Is it up to date?): org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.
    registerEvents(Lorg/bukkit/event/Listener;Lorg/bukkit/plugin/Plugin;)V
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.registerEvents(Lorg/bukkit/event/Listener;Lorg/bukkit/
    plugin/Plugin;)V
            at com.nisovin.bookworm.BookWorm.onEnable(BookWorm.java:152)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:989)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:190)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:173)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:356)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:343)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:175)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    RESOLVED! Updated to CB 1.1-r3 and the error's gone.

20. Th
    That would probably need rewrite of the game itself since that is graphics the game itself doesn't have.

You have to think about these plugins as extensions of what already existerar. The game have books, it can show texts, it handledare left and right klick on a mouse and it allowed you to type in å chatwindow. This plugin uses all this to make the books. It cant magically inventarier things not already in the game.

Well. It's Closed to the truth atleast. Spoutcraft can Add some extra, but that's through å clientside launcher. :)

21. Offline

Flameykumori

=
    thats why i was asking, the way you worded that made it sound like you are being a jerk about it.

22. Being a jerk about it? Some words where replaced by my phones autocorrect but besides that all I did was to answer your question and to try to explain why. I thought my explanation was quite accurate for a guy not using his own language.

But hey, next time I just keep quiet...

23. Installed bookworm and it worked. After a time it stopped working but after a clean reinstall it worked again. Now it stopped working again.

I've switched to factions from residence between the last working time and now. Does anyone know if these are having difficulties cooperating? I thought perhaps it could have something with all prefixes channels to the chat being added or something like that. That bookworm listens for the "default" chatchannel and that isnt used anymore. I don't know, but perhaps anyone of you do? :)

24. Offline

VoltageB

The next recommended build is for Minecraft 1.2, R5, and I and everyone who uses this plugin will greatly appreciate it if you can get a head start on the plugin so it's update to support the new revision when Minecraft 1.2 is officially released along with Bukkit R5.

25. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Actually, R5 is not going to be a Minecraft 1.2 build; it'll be the last recommended build for 1.1.

26. True. 1.2 will prob start with an R1 like before.
    R5 on the other hand will be changed alot from the previous versions to be cleaner and better as a way to prepare for the v1.2 launch.

27. Offline

bmnccrazed

i cant use it, whenever i do a command it just puts it in chat i did /write title [title] and it just says in the chat /write

28. Offline

padili

I'm always diconnect from my own server it says "Chat messages too long"
    How can i fix this?

29. Offline

blackhawk185

This is Absolutely AMAZING! You'r Magic spells plugin is also REALLY awesome.
    You are AWESOME!

30. Offline

CackleFish

Hey,
    Love this plugin and use it alot anychance of a update soon?