Inactive [FUN/EDIT/RPG] DungeonBuilder v0.9.7 - Player created dungeons [1.2.4-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zimp, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Zimp

Grifhell and Kevinflu like this.
  2. Offline

Zimp

@maltazar
    I managed to reproduce the issue with containers, pretty simple bug with how I am loading empty containers. I hope to have a fix posted later today.

3. Offline

Anetar

nope My bukkit update automaticly, so I dont it will be that, but it only happens with this dungeon, I have no
    problem when I just make one emptydungeon en make it publish, and than stand on the exit block, I am just exitting, without any errors, even in the dungeon where te error occures, I can stand on the exit block without this error (sometimes).

4. Offline

Zimp

Updated to version 0.6.8

Fixed the issue with saving and loading empty containers that maltazar1 reported
    Fixed another bounds checking issue
    Added support for variable nodes in default dungeon permissions
    Added preliminary party support.

5. Offline

Anetar

Can you also have a feature so when GuyA join a dungeon, and 1min later GuyB also joins that server, they cant see each others and they are just appart in a dungeon, like in much MMORPGS, and when you are in a party than you only will see each others, and maybe you can make the dungeon resets everytime you exit it. so when you put in a chest porkchop, the next time you will join the dungeon it has again the porkchop, or maybe when someone others join a dungeon he will also get a porkchop.

6. Offline

maltazar1

Great ! Thanks @Zimp ! :)
    I'm gonna try it in few sec and tell u if it works!

Edit:
    aaaaaand no error it seems that bug is fixed!
    Thanks again :)

Just found another bug ....

I got few redstone stuff inside that u may/must change to get through dungeon but after completing dungeon i wanted to remake roof then i saw that power in redstone isn't going off in few places ...... can u do something about it?

Heh another one redstone related that also stopped whole serv..... log bellow

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

Zimp

I'll be honest, redstone is notoriously difficult to work with so I can make no guarantees when I will get it to save/load properly.

As for your enormous stack trace, I cant find any line in it that originates from my plugin so I don't even know where to start.

8. Offline

maltazar1

Strange huh? and i know that redstone is really difficult to work with but it's just much more fun playing with it...
    About the log:
    I also haven't noticed anything from ur plugin but it has to be it because i'm running a small serv for 4 people ant there was only i and friend on...
    Curious is that when i ran through it by myself it was ok. (only redstone bugged in two places) but when i set party size to 2 and go through it with friend well.... basicly it crashed like 0.1 sec after we left dungeon.... world didn't loaded at all and whole serv crashed....

Still thanks for everything. :)
    But it's a shame that redstone doesn't work well.....
    still it's a great plugin!
    And if u would like that dungeon (just to see what is that about and meaby see that whole crash thing by urself i can upload it somewhere)

9. Offline

Phant0mX

@Zimp: Have you considered saving and restoring the whole chunk state rather then keeping track of the blocks in the area? It would limit dungeon creation size to multiples of 16 but might provide better item/redstone saving, and less processing.

FYI, my first test of creating a very large dungeon (around 1000x1000x100) from selection brought up a "over a million blocks affected - disabling light effects" error or something similar on my client before completely locking the server up. After 25 minutes of waiting for the server process to respond, and several attempts to manually kill the processes, I had to reset the machine to finally kill the process threads.

10. Offline

yakasuki

ya but when i finish the dungeon i dont get cash also i putted down 2 zombie spawns and a creeper spawn and only 1 zombie spawned why is that?

11. Offline

Zimp

@yakasuki I've rebuilt and published the plugin with the latest copy of the register API, this should add support for newer versions of economy plugins which is probably why it wasn't working before.

As to why the monster spawning isn't working properly, i have no clue. It has been a trouble spot for me in the past due to some design decisions in the server software itself. I may move away from spawning monsters on dungeon start and go with a trigger based system in the future.

12. Offline

gameswereus

I don't want to create a new world to build the dungeon. Is there any way to get around this?

13. Offline

Zimp

You can build dungeons in any world you choose, the option to put them in a separate world is for people who want to keep them from cluttering up the normal world.

14. Offline

gameswereus

Oh, sorry. I couldn't test it out until now :p I really love this plugin!

15. Offline

yakasuki

btw this plug-in is awsome :D i made a starter dungeon ment for low levels in mah rpg server

also i tested out the party system and i was thinking mabey a party max and party min so that way you can go into a dungeon thats ment for 4 ppl with 2 cuz that would be awsome

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

bruce00j

I have a suggestion...

Could you make it so you could choose between a cuboid (like shown in the video) or have a natural style one like in Minecraft its self so it would be like a natural cave.

EDIT: ok that one sounds hard but I have another...

How about when you spawn in the dungeon the part get certain items (like in mobarena) and then take the items off them when they spawn?

BTW does anyone know how well this works with supply signs?

17. Offline

walker602

Okay, problem. I Downloaded it, dropped it into the plugins folder, and it was working great! Until I tried to start the dungeon. No dice. I'm the Server admin and it's not starting. I stand on the place where it was published, the torch, and the countdown does not begin. I receive no error message. I have the dungeon saved, published, and have entries and exits placed. I can neither use the diamond block to leave, nor can I use the torch to enter. Help please. I'd really like this to work.

18. Offline

Zimp

@walker602 Strange. Those symptoms sound like the dungeon isn't published. Does unpublishing it and republishing it have any effect? Are you able to view your server's log files?

19. Offline

Dragonnight09

I like your Plugin very much...but...could you please make an option that when i create a dungeon by selecting two points that there are no bedrock walls? i want to create instances/dungeons like in WoW and it looks very dumb when there are bedrockwalls around it..could you make the selection like in world edit/world guard but, with an selectable option, without these bedrock walls??? or would that be too much work?

20. Offline

Zimp

@Dragonnight09

This functionality is already implemented, you can create a dungeon now by setting two markers and using the "createDungeonFromMarkers" command.

Also the create dungeon commands all accept an additional (optional) argument at the end to specify the wall type. If you dont want any walls you can use "NONE" for the walltype.

Please review the command documentation for more details.

21. Offline

Dragonnight09

THAAAAAAAAAAANKS!!!! Works perfectly!!! this is the plugin i waited for sooooo long :O

Can i change the spawners so that one spawner could spawn 5 zombies? sorry if i sound dumb but i didn´t find anything about it in the command documentation or the HowTo

22. Offline

Zimp

Currently the behavior of spawning monsters is such that they spawn when the player teleports in. The next thing I plan to implement is triggers where you could tie monster spawns to when a player steps on a certain block (probably this weekend if I find time).

23. Offline

Dragonnight09

ehh no i mean that one setted spawner could spawn 4 zombies instead of only 1

you know what i mean? it´s to hard to set like 20 spawners just for 20 mobs...

24. Offline

Zimp

Sorry, I misunderstood. Right now it is exactly as you suspect, one spawner for one monster, twenty spawners for twenty monsters. It is a bit of a pain, though spawning multiple monsters in the same physical location is probably not a great idea either. I'll make a note to investigate the ability to set multiple monsters for one spawner.

25. Offline

Dragonnight09

haha thanks...i know that from other spawnplugins...you spawn like 10 zombies on one spot and they press each other away...so i think this option could work :) would be nice if you try it

Ehh...ok...i built a tower, i selected the two spots, made a dungeon with the command, set an price you can win, set mobspawners, set a startpoint, an exitpoint, and the exitdestinationpoint....the exit is on top of the tower, the destination is at the door of the tower...but everytime i step into the exit, my server stucks and says this:
    Code:
    2011-08-12 09:21:33 [INFO] [Jobs] Successfully linked with Permissions.
    2011-08-12 09:21:33 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    2011-08-12 09:21:33 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    2011-08-12 09:21:33 [INFO] [Citizens] Loaded 15 NPCs.
    2011-08-12 09:21:36 [INFO] [BACKUP] Initiate a last backup because the last player left. It will start to backup in 180 minutes when no player will have connected in this time.
    2011-08-12 09:21:36 [INFO] [Staff] dragonnight09 has left the channel
    2011-08-12 09:21:36 [INFO] [New] dragonnight09 has left the channel
    2011-08-12 09:21:36 [INFO] [AuthMe] Player dragonnight09 tried to login with a wrong password!
    2011-08-12 09:21:40 [INFO] Whitelist: Player dragonnight09 is trying to join...
    2011-08-12 09:21:40 [INFO] allow!
    2011-08-12 09:21:40 [INFO] [BACKUP] Stopped last backup, start with normal backup cyclus!
    2011-08-12 09:21:40 [INFO] dragonnight09 [/87.78.90.58:50232] logged in with entity id 38050 at ([Adventureworld] -30.980022343996616, 71.0, -197.91768132200093)
    2011-08-12 09:21:40 [INFO] Loaded world: adventureworld
    2011-08-12 09:21:40 [INFO] [Staff] dragonnight09 has joined the channel
    2011-08-12 09:21:40 [INFO] [New] dragonnight09 has joined the channel
    2011-08-12 09:21:47 [INFO] [AuthMe] Player dragonnight09 logged in!
    2011-08-12 09:21:52 [INFO] The time suddenly shifts on [Adventureworld]
    2011-08-12 09:23:31 [INFO] General: Permissions plugin detected! Using Permissions plugin for permissions.
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1647)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1615)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:578)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MetadataChunkBlock.a(SourceFile:103)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.doLighting(World.java:1602)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:443)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1647)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1615)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:578)
        at net.minecraft.server.MetadataChunkBlock.a(SourceFile:103)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.doLighting(World.java:1602)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:443)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1647)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1615)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.f(Chunk.java:141)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.c(Chunk.java:133)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Chunk.a(Chunk.java:300)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.setRawTypeId(World.java:307)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeId(World.java:372)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setTypeId(CraftBlock.java:77)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setType(CraftBlock.java:73)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.virtuallyabstract.minecraft.BlockInfo.setBlock(BlockInfo.java:31)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.virtuallyabstract.minecraft.Dungeon.loadDungeon(Dungeon.java:335)
    2011-08-12 09:23:36 [SEVERE]     at net.virtuallyabstract.minecraft.DungeonBuilder$MyPlayerListener$1.run(DungeonBuilder.java:1456)
    ..do you know what the problem is?

26. Offline

Zimp

That stack trace looks familiar, though I'm not sure what the problem is. It may have something to do with loading large dungeons, or it may be a threading issue in the server code, or it could be an issue where I am trying to set the block to a null value.

I'll look into it. At the very least I may implement functionality to let you disable dungeon loading if it is not necessary.

27. Offline

Dragonnight09

could be...i have two selfbuild dungeons..in the smaller one the exitportal works without problems

28. Offline

PlatinSturm

God like Plugin!
    Realy nice!
    Is it possible to make a site or somethign were ppl can shair their dungeons?
    I would like to add more Dungeons, and to share mine.

Ah and i thought if it would be possible to add partysize functions like: 1-3 player or 5-10
    Because in my Dungeon some ppl want to master it together and some want to do it alone.

1.An other thing would be: is their already a function to automatically reward players? I think i read something like that but im not sure. 2.Ah i see it works, but how? There is no video tutorial or listed command, or im just blind. If its the last, sorry! 3. Found it but it only works for imoney, does it work with normal items too?

Other point, maybe something like a Savepoint Function would be nice. I made a parcour but at some points it went to difficult and if ppl had to restart they fel into despair. Just an idea though.
    Nice plugin anyway!

29. Offline

Zimp

I like the idea but this would require me to revisit the way the plugin stores dungeon information to make it more portable. Not impossible though.

There are two ways to reward your player, one is to set a chest and put the items in it and then save the dungeon. The other is to use a supported economy plugin and set the dungeon award with the /setDungeonReward command.

30. Offline

scrollsmash

Having a problem here, I have set up everything correct as far as I know but the monsters aren't spawning? I created a bunch of spawners following the instructions and saved everything and created a region around the dungeon to make sure that mobs can spawn but none spawning. Please help as this plugin seems to be EXACTLY what I need for my server

31. Offline

PlatinSturm

Normaly a Serveradmin can use worldedit and transfer the data into a loadable file, but maybe it would be easier to handel and simplify things if it would be possible with the plugin itself. But even if you just use worldedit to do it, we would need a platform to shair these files. I think it would be to much trouble to upload each one for itself and post a link here. (Maybe you could create a command that uses worldedit to save the dungeon and export it, i know at least that u can use world edit with: "//save NAME" to save your clipboard into a file)

I didnt thought about that chest-reward system. Didnt knew even items in chest would be resetet, good to know thx.

What about the savepoints? Is it possible to set a specific blocktype to a savepoint. So i could use sponges or goldblocks in the dungeon to create a savepoint. If users leave a dungeon without using the exit and want to enter it again the will be transfered to the savepoint instead of the, same happens if you die. Especially practical for huge Dungeons like mine.