Inactive [FUN/ECON]MonsterHunt v1.5.1 - Who kills most mobs? [1.1-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

MonsterHunt

Are your players building at day, but bunker into their houses, when night comes? Make them hunt monsters!

This plugins adds another layer of fun against monsters. It's absolute must have, if you have monsters turned on.

At night, when monsters come out, plugin will count how many monsters each player kills. At the end of the night, name of the player with most kills is announced globally.

Additionally, you can enable reward to add another way of gathering stuff to the server or to simply motivate players to hunt monsters.

(BIG thanks to @Samkio for the video)

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/monsterhunt/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

Arisilde

ZeroDPS sent me a PM saying he's going to work on this for me :D so you might get your wish buddy!

3. Offline

matejdro

I'm working on that :)

4. Offline

KrisEike

I hope this plugin gets updated soon. I tried it on another server, and it was really cool!

Looking forward to trying it.. now.. back to looking for a protection plugin other than WorldGuard.. xD

Kris

5. Offline

pixelbat

What's wrong with WorldGuard?

6. Offline

KrisEike

Well, it's a bit too complicated for me.. =/
    This protection thing is just too complicated and takes too long. I want a normal /highprotect that lets you protect from sky to bedrock in the matter of seconds.

7. Offline

Arisilde

WorldGuard does that. //expand vert

Personally I think it's one of the best plugins that exist. Everything SK touches is gold, lol.

8. Offline

pixelbat

You can protect from sky to bedrock in seconds with WorldEdit/WorldGuard. Just set your permissions beforehand, then go ingame, grab the WorldEdit wand with //wand, then right click one point, then left click the diagnol point creating your square, then expand it up and down with //expand vert if you want to go from 0 to 127 (bedrock to skybox). If you don't want to go that far up or down, you could just do like //expand 10 down, that would expand your cube you're making 10 blocks down. Once you've got your cube selection, just type /region define <region name> <owner of region>.

It's really easy to do once you get the hang of it. I can't imagine any other protection systems will be any easier.
    Here is a pretty good tutorial on using WorldEdit for making your selections... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc42-LvvwbY

9. Offline

Anoniempje

why is there world guard chat in a monster hunter topic?
    Bump for awesome.

10. Offline

Phantom Index

Gotta get that Monster Hunter going! Gotta see this turn epic!

11. Offline

Qtinifier

Got this error thrown at me :( using CB283

UPDATE: 0.3 Fixes this

12. Offline

matejdro

Updated. Enjoy.

@Enrylee So then he will give it to the other player. There is no real way to prevent players from keeping their items.

13. Offline

Qtinifier

So far so good =D

Request: Can you make it possible to change colors in Messages.properties with the &<colorcode> instead of ยง<colorcode> as my SSH client connected to my Ubuntu server does not support that character. Permission uses it =) might look there?

It appears whatever i change in that file its getting rewritten by the original on reload.

Greetz and keep up the good work.

14. Offline

ZeroDPS

Here you go...Alpha Version to look at.

I have MonsterHunt and iMonster on my server and its working great!

iMonster v0.6 for iConomy

15. Offline

KrisEike

Hey, could you make it like the normal monster hunt, just that instead of a ITEM reward, it would give a MONEY reward, using iConomy? Would be awesome if you could =D

Kris

16. small issue i noticed...
    When i'm in the hunt, and i hit a zombie with a diamond sword, it doesn't die, but i get the score for a kill. I believe it does this with spiders too... not 100% sure though.
    This may mean 2 people can get credited for the same mob? (in theory)

17. Offline

ZeroDPS

MonsterHunt supports iConomy money for the hunt reward, just use item id 0 instead of a normal id and it will reward iConomy cash. So i will stay away from duplicating his functionality as i think Monsterhunt is a good plugin

18. Offline

KrisEike

Oh, thank you then! I didn't know that! =)

Hopefully, he updates it soon =)

Kris

19. Offline

Kevin Forte

Is there any way to make a short, user defined sound play when the hunt begins? I would assume it would be just another short code line executed at the same time as the message that says the hunt has begun that played a sound file that you put in the plugin folder or wherever, but I'm not a dev so I don't know how it would work. I just really want to record some short heavy metal riff or something that plays when the hunt begins.

20. Offline

closer013

Does this plugin spawn more monsters than normal? That's what it seems to me. If thats the case can you make it so the players have to HUNT the monsters instead of getting gang-banged?

21. Offline

malface

Thank you for this, I have been using it for a little while.

I am still getting repeat messages after I reload plugins. This goes away if I stop the server, and restart.
    Using CB-287 and MonsterHunt v0.3

I also have a suggestion, make RewardEveryone a reward listing. I would like to give an IConomy reward to all, then have additional rewards for the top score.

22. Offline

pixelbat

This is pretty much what I'm looking for too. I'd like to give say everyone 100 coin per kill (also with a slight chance of dropping some loot), then at the end of the night the person who kills the most gets a big prize like maybe 5000 coin and some diamonds. So there is both prize for winning overall, and small incremental prizes for participating.

23. Offline

xxdilbertxx

dont know when or what but i get this

24. Offline

matejdro

@KrisEike Just use item id 0 to use it as iConomy reward.

@Qtinifier good idea, i will look at it.

@stargateanubis14 this appears to be a Bukkit issue. But it will award only 1 point per mob, so only one player can get point.

@Kevin Forte Not possible without client mods.

@closer013 nope, there is no mob spawning in that plugin.

@pixelbat and @malface it already works like that. Everyone is awarded with RewardEveryone and winner is additionally awarded with normal reward. And with Reward Everyone you can use item 0 for iConomy just like Normal reward.

@xxdilbertxx i will check it.

25. Offline

KrisEike

Did the plugin get updated? =)

And btw, can i make it so that only the WINNER gets money? I want it to be a competition, the ones that win will get the money, if you get what i mean.

Kris

26. Offline

matejdro

Yes, that's the default setting. Reward for everyone is optional.

27. Offline

pixelbat

It's not very dynamic, I notice when you set it to give everyone reward, it does just that, they always get something. Ideally I want to assign loot to certain monsters and have them only drop it sometimes. Like say a creeper has a 1% chance of dropping a diamond, and a 5% chance of dropping a gold ingot, and always drops 100 coin.

One other thing I noticed that is different now... If for some reason I had to turn it day (with Essentials /time day command), it would immediately end the MonsterHunt, and the opposite if I made it /time night, it would start it. Now it doesn't do that, instead it just carries it over as if the night never ended. If I do a /huntstatus it says there is 220% left in the night. Not sure what happened, but it wasn't doing that for me prior to 0.3.

28. Offline

Junubee

^ Your situation sounds like mine, do you have a similar setup?

I receive this error upon daylight randomly. From this point forward the hunt is always on, and cannot be stopped except by a server restart. I believe it has something to do with having no signup, no minimum players, no sign-up period (disabled) and no one winning.

Situation one: Night falls, I kill to the minimum requirement for victory (20 points), and upon daylight I receive the reward, no problems.

Situation two: Night falls, I get 8 points for a spider and a creeper. Daylight rises, that error comes and "You only have -1% of the night remaining!"

Forcing a sign-up for each person, with a minimum of 1 person, resolves this, but I dislike that greatly.

Code:
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.Rewards.NormalReward(Rewards.java:40)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.Rewards.Reward(Rewards.java:28)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.MonsterHunt.stop(MonsterHunt.java:144)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.MonsterHunt$1.actionPerformed(MonsterHunt.java:218)
            at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:292)
            at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:224)
            at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:251)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:649)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:255)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:170)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:155)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:147)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:136)

Code:
    SkipDays = 0 #How many days to skip between each round
    MinimumPlayers = 0 #Minimum number of participants needed to announce the winner and give prize.
    EnableSignup = false #that will enable signup. Players have to sign up before they start killing or their kills won't be counted. Players can sign up before the night and their sign ups will be reseted after the night.
    MySQLPassword = password #MySQL Password (only if using MySQL)
    PointsSkeleton = 3 #How many points do you get for killing Skeleton
    PointsSlime = 1 #How many points do you get for killing Slime
    CountBows = true #should plugin also count kills made with bow?
    DeathPenalty = 30 #Percentage of points lost when character dies. Use 0 to disable death penalty. Range is between 0 and 100. Don't forget to also edit DeathMessage.
    EnabledWorlds = world #In which worlds should MonsterHunt be enabled? Use comma(,) to separate them
    PointsCreeper = 5 #How many points do you get for killing Creeper
    MinimumPoints = 20 #Minimum points needed to be a winner and claim the prize.
    RewardEveryone = true #Should we reward everyone instead of just winners?
    PointsGhast = 1 #How many points do you get for killing Ghast
    FinishTime = 23600 #time when plugin stops counting mobs and announce the winners. Finish time must be greater than start time.
    EnableHighScores = true #Enable saving and displaying personal high scores of each player.
    StartTime = 13000 #Time when plugin will start counting mob kills
    MySQLConn = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/minecraft #MySQL Connection string (only if using MySQL)
    RewardParameters = 0 75-75
    PointsSpider = 3 #How many points do you get for killing Spider
    MySQLUsername = root #MySQL Username (only if using MySQL)
    RewardParametersEveryone = 0 R1-1
    PointsZombiePigman = 3 #How many points do you get for killing Zombie Pigman
    SignUpPeriodTime = 0 #How many minutes before hunt starts will hunt be announced? In this period players have to sign up. Set to 0 to disable.
    StartChance = 100 #Chance to actually start the fight. Range is between 100 and 0.
    UseMySQL = false #true = use MySQL database / false = use SQLLite
    PointsZombie = 3 #How many points do you get for killing Zombie
    TellTime = true #allow plugin to display remaining time in the /huntstatus command.
    EnableReward = true

Edit: More testing done. Setting MinimumPlayers does not stop the error. However, the hunt -did- end. No RewardEveryone (which should have given my point amount as iConomy money) was given, but there was no winner either because I didn't reach the minimum kills.

If no one wins, there is no announcement at all, the hunt just ends silently, with no RewardEveryone awarded. Since the server is played by people sometimes as low as one at a time, I didn't want to make the main Reward achievable with just 1 point, hence the minimum. However, if no one reaches the minimum (but has points) it ends quietly. If no one participates (everyone has 0 score) it will mention how the Sun rose, but not enough participants.

Also, if I use Essentials /reload command, the database is still considered locked, which causes another error when recording to highscores.

I hope this information is useful for you to debug. :) I did a bunch of this for half-life mods back in the day.

Edit SeventyBillion: When I set minimumplayers to 1 and got the error, it was from /reload that I did that. Restarting the server with minimumplayers to 0, doing /time night to start the hunt, and /time day to end the hunt the error spits out. I will keep minimumplayers to 1 to prevent this.

29. Offline

pixelbat

A bug prior to 0.3, and maybe it was fixed, maybe it wasn't. Idk, because I took consumables off as a reward. However I was having a problem that if I rewarded like a cooked porkchop or an apple, they could eat the food, but it would not delete from their inventory, so they could re-consume it over and over.

30. Offline

matejdro

@pixelbat you may change amount of points awarded per mob. But otherwise, main point of this plugin is to let people hunt at night and awards them at the end, based on the points. I doubt that i will add drop-per-mob functionality. Infact, you can use other plugins for that, which do their work well.

I will check the player count problem.

31. Offline

pixelbat

Well up until yesterday there were no other plugins that do that. Now there is :D