Inactive [FUN/ECON]MonsterHunt v1.5.1 - Who kills most mobs? [1.1-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

MonsterHunt

Are your players building at day, but bunker into their houses, when night comes? Make them hunt monsters!

This plugins adds another layer of fun against monsters. It's absolute must have, if you have monsters turned on.

At night, when monsters come out, plugin will count how many monsters each player kills. At the end of the night, name of the player with most kills is announced globally.

Additionally, you can enable reward to add another way of gathering stuff to the server or to simply motivate players to hunt monsters.

(BIG thanks to @Samkio for the video)

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/monsterhunt/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

Eroing

My servers hunts never seem to start.. I've checked huntstatus during the night and is says the hunt hasn't started yet. :-(
    Here's my properties file:

I get this error message upon server start:

3. Offline

henrylee99

you should make it when you sign up you get like 1 bow 64 arrows and a iron sword and when its finished you get them removed

4. Offline

ambientmf

I was wondering if there was any way to display the exact time that a hunt starts when the MessageSignUpPeriod message pops up? I've made it to state the exact signup time I set in MonsterHunt.properties. If this function exists, what's the <> code for it, and if it doesn't, is there any plans to add such a feature? An otherwise perfect plugin, I love having this run on my server ^.^

5. Offline

matejdro

@Eroing update your craftbukkit.

@henrylee99 so, i give player bow and arrows, then he instantly put it into chest. And i cannot remove them. That's free items.

@ambientmf added to my list. I have made it into minutes since it's easier to configure, but i see that there are some advanced people using that plugin.

6. Offline

Twix

I tried some things, checked for empty lines etc. but still it gets replaced by the original file :(

7. Offline

matejdro

Weird, your file without line at the end works for me (ubuntu).

8. Offline

Twix

9. Offline

Arisilde

Any chance of getting an alternate mode of this plugin, where mobs give a player iConomy currency for every mod they kill, defined by group via Permissions. I have an extensive class system on my server and I'd like to make the warrior class earn money for killing mobs, but none of the other classes, and I'd like them to get paid for every mob. Not the arcade style competition you currently have set up (though it's cool too :)) Is that doable?

10. Offline

matejdro

Yup, it's doable. It's actually on my to do list.

11. Offline

Arisilde

Sweet man, any eta?

12. Offline

matejdro

Not really. Definitely not today, but soon :).

13. Offline

Arisilde

Soon is good enough for me buddy :D

14. Offline

AntonyDream

Code:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sqlite.JDBC
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:30)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.InputOutput.createConnection(InputOut
    put.java:47)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.InputOutput.getConnection(InputOutput
    .java:34)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.InputOutput.PrepareDB(InputOutput.jav
    a:163)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.MonsterHunt.onEnable(MonsterHunt.java
    :60)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:384)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:175)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:64)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:45)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:156)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:143)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:186)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    06.02.2011 3:24:17 org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer loadPlugins
    SEVERE: null (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    a:164)
    Looks like it won't work with mysql, but with sqlite it's ok.
    Any ideas?

15. Offline

matejdro

Did you set UseMySQL=true ?

16. Offline

AntonyDream

Now it saying this:
    Code:
    com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link fai
    lure

Last packet sent to the server was 0 ms ago.
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
    rce)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createCommunicationsException(SQLError.java:1
    074)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2103)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.<init>(ConnectionImpl.java:718)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4Connection.<init>(JDBC4Connection.java:46)
            at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
    rce)
            at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.getInstance(ConnectionImpl.java:302)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java
    :282)
            at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
            at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.InputOutput.createConnection(InputOut
    put.java:43)
            at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.InputOutput.getConnection(InputOutput
    .java:34)
    a:163)
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.ja
    va:253)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:280)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.createNewIO(ConnectionImpl.java:2026)
            ... 25 more
    06.02.2011 4:04:36 org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer loadPlugins
    SEVERE: null (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    a:164)

17. Offline

matejdro

So, what do you want to use? MySQL or SQLite?

18. Offline

AntonyDream

19. Offline

matejdro

Do you have correct connection string? (MySQLConn)

20. Offline

panderiz

Not receiving any reward when the round is over. Using the default settings with the only change of the min. players needed being 1 so I can easily test it. Using craftbukkit build 231

edit - To those too lazy like me to read everyline in the config. By default the last line EnableReward was false... Changed that and everything is fine

21. Does this works if i have ExtendDay? since it loops the day and night time.

22. Offline

weasel5i2

That problem with
    This error is because something in the Bukkit API changed, World.getTime() is now Server.getTime() -- the author of this mod simply needs to change that and recompile and reupload the plugin :)

--W5i2

23. Offline

ursa_arcadius

For some reason I am getting all the messages from this plugin about 5 times whenever it cycles. Any reason this would be? I started with extendday on, but I removed that and reloaded the server and it is still doing it so I do not think that is related

24. Offline

matejdro

Nope it's opposite. It was changed from Server to World and i have already changed that. But he is using older CraftBukkit release.

I'm working on multiple messages.

weasel5i2 likes this.
  25. Offline

AntonyDream

I've fix it, now it works, thanks ^^

26. Offline

RoTide

The plugin seems to be awarding points for single hits (not kills) from time to time.

27. Offline

Madmusk

Can someone please explain raw time? I'm trying to get this to work with Extend Day. Right now the hunt starts and proceeds successfully but doesn't ever seem to end. When I check the status in the morning it will say something like 176% of the night left. It will decrease a little, then go back up and I have to end the hunt manually.

Thanks, loving this plugin otherwise!

28. Offline

ursa_arcadius

I believe each time I reload the plugins without restarting the server it will add an additional repetition of the messages. Not 100% sure that is the cause yet though, I still need to test a bit more.

29. Offline

AntonyDream

Something wrong with "EnableSignup = false" it doesn't have any effect, because I get "Monster Hunt was about to start, but unfortunately there were not enough players signed up." every time when Hunt about to begin.

upd: so I just set "MinimumPlayers = 0" to disable singup, now it starts 8)

30. Offline

Jamie

I have the same issue going on right now. Hopefully there is a fix for this soon.

31. Offline

matejdro

Sorry guys, i can't do anything about ExtendDay, unless developer of that plugin provides a way for other plugins to know, when it will be day/night.

Hits instead of kills is known issue, but unfortunately it's Bukkit's issue so i can't do much about it. But even if you get point when hitting mob, you won't get point from killing the same mob (so only 1 point per mob).