Inactive [FUN/ECON]MonsterHunt v1.5.1 - Who kills most mobs? [1.1-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

MonsterHunt

Are your players building at day, but bunker into their houses, when night comes? Make them hunt monsters!

This plugins adds another layer of fun against monsters. It's absolute must have, if you have monsters turned on.

At night, when monsters come out, plugin will count how many monsters each player kills. At the end of the night, name of the player with most kills is announced globally.

Additionally, you can enable reward to add another way of gathering stuff to the server or to simply motivate players to hunt monsters.

(BIG thanks to @Samkio for the video)

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/monsterhunt/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

matejdro

Not yet, but it's planned.

Only global reward is turned off, but players with always rewared permission may still get reward.

@darkmagic16 set participation period time to 0 and EnableSignup should function.

3. Also, /hunscore and /huntstatus is not working for me x)

4. Offline

matejdro

Yes, this is going to be fixed in next update, which should be released soon.

5. Ok, thank you and good luck, keep up your great work !

6. Offline

matejdro

Updated

7. Offline

darkmagic16

K so when is it going to be realsed

8. Offline

matejdro

?

It's already released.

9. Offline

Maskur

Wow, that let you look like a complete .....

Go to bed, get some sleep, seriously!!

10. Offline

darkmagic16

OMG MATE U ROCK IT WORKS :D

11. Offline

Janb

Hi Matejdro, much love for this plugin <3

Everything works perfectly, but for some reason I get duplicate output from 'RewardMessage:' and for some reason, that line is the only one that wont keep my color formatting (e.g. seeing " &2 You have been rewarded&7!! ")

All other color codes report perfectly. I tried removing color codes completely for RewardMessage, and every combination of do/don't reward/reward all, but no luck. Any ideas?

12. Offline

footwo

The iconomy integration seems to be broken for me. Here is my config:

Code:
    SkipDays: 0
    MinimumPlayers: 1
    EnableSignup: true
    MySQLPassword: password
    PointsSkeleton: 1
    PointsSlime: 1
    CountBows: true
    DeathPenalty: 30
    EnabledWorlds: Midgard
    PointsCreeper: 1
    MinimumPoints: 1
    RewardEveryone: false
    PointsGhast: 1
    OnlyCountMobsSpawnedOutside: true
    FinishTime: 23600
    EnableHighScores: true
    StartTime: 13000
    PointsGiant: 1
    MySQLConn: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/minecraft
    RewardParameters: 0 50-150
    PointsSpider: 1
    Debug: false
    MySQLUsername: root
    RewardParametersEveryone: 264 1-1
    PointsZombiePigman: 1
    SignUpPeriodTime: 5
    UseMySQL: false
    StartChance: 100
    PointsZombie: 1
    TellTime: true
    EnableReward: true

Am I doing something wrong? On CB 548

13. Offline

matejdro

any error?

14. Offline

Volander

@matejdro if you look at the imonster config there is an option to not reward people who camp monsterspawners, can you add the same option?

- Volander

15. Offline

matejdro

there is already something like that. Set OnlyCountMobsSpawnedOutside to true, so kills from mobs that spawned underground are not counted. That eliminates 99% of the dungeons. And if there is above ground dungeon, there is a chance that someone else will find dungeon and hopefully report him or at least start kill stealing so he won't have such advantage.

16. Offline

ReapKarmah

Wth gives? I have the strangest issue with color coding. I know how to do it but for some reason this happens:
    "StartMessage: &2Monster Hunt has started! Go kill those damn mobs!" displays in-game as:
    "Hunt has started! Go kill those damn mobs!"

Instead of coloring the sentence it deletes Monster.

Also, "MessageHuntStatusCurrentScore: Your current score is <Points> points! Keep it up!" is displayed as:
    "Your current score is <Points> points! Keep it up!" instead of an actual number for "<Points>

What gives? :(

17. Offline

AntonyDream

How to set more than 1 world to "EnabledWorlds:"? Separate by commas or what?

18. Offline

matejdro

Seapate by commas, yes.

EnabledWorlds: World1,World2,World3

@ReapKarmah weird. I will check it.

19. Offline

AntonyDream

Btw, I have the same problem as ReapKarmah about <Points>
    And /huntscore shows null in points field..

Now I found that killing zombiepigmans give equal scores as killing zombies (but I set different counts in config), fix them too please ^^

20. Offline

Thatar

Well hello there Mr. Awesome Mod. I'm gonna try you out on our server :D

21. Offline

ReapKarmah

I have the "null" problem too. But I forgot to mention it lol.

22. Offline

matte54

Hi im having some troubles getting it to work appriate any insight you can give.

edit : disregard this, im an idiot...

23. Offline

ReapKarmah

Btw, how exactly do you get Monster Hunt to cooperate with Extend Day (Set to 2 days 1 night, repeat) so that Monster Hunt notifies players at the second day instead of the first day?

In Monster Hunt's settings, I thought changing the first setting, "SkipDays:" from 0 to 1 would solve this but actually nothing changed.

So how do I make Monster Hunt work with Extend Day plugin? The OP says it's compatible.

24. Offline

matte54

Been testing this awesome mod for one day with my friends on my server i thought id give some feedback.

I have the same problem with highscore showing null.
    /huntstatus shows "you currently have <points> points!"

And im having some troubles with the config file to, some parameters seems to have no effect when changing
    like "startchance 100" even if i put 50 it still starts the hunt every day.
    same with % amount of points lost when killed is always 30 even if i put in anything else.

Thanks for a great plugin!

25. Offline

Madmusk

Can't you just change the message to say "The hunt will begin at nightfall" or does this problem actually affect the behavior or the signup period?

26. Offline

ReapKarmah

That defeats the purpose of a 5minute warning to get ready. But I suppose if no fix or proper instructions come my way this would have to be the temp solution.

27. Offline

matejdro

Checking out <Points>, null score and configuration problems.

Extend day support is automatic. MonsterHunt should start only on real night, not the one that will get reseted by ExtendDay.

28. Offline

Madmusk

I think what ReapKarmah was trying to say is that since the plugin sends a warning on the first day, it can be a very long time before the actual hunt starts if you're using ExtendDay. I don't find this to be that big of a problem but I can see how it could be annoying.

29. Offline

matejdro

Well plugin should not do anything until real night arrives.

30. Offline

marshall007

Does the SQLite jar have to be located in the main directory? Most other plugins require it to be in ~/lib/ which is where mine currently resides.

Edit:
    Code:
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sqlite.JDBC
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:30)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:186)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.InputOutput.createConnection(InputOutput.java:49)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.InputOutput.getConnection(InputOutput.java:36)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.InputOutput.PrepareDB(InputOutput.java:263)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at com.matejdro.bukkit.monsterhunt.MonsterHunt.onEnable(MonsterHunt.java:53)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:451)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:217)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    2011-03-15 15:04:03 [SEVERE] null loading MonsterHunt v0.4.2 (Is it up to date?)

This is what I'm getting from console, and I think that's why.

31. Offline

matejdro

Are you sure that you have it in main directory? If you are using any other library, i suggest you download one from the first post.