Inactive [FUN/ECON/DEV] uQuest v1.50 - Overly customizable quest system [793 - 602]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Hawox, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Hawox

As most of you can guess I have not worked on this plugin in a long time. I'm working full time at a grocery store as well as going to college. I literally have no time for sleep let alone Minecraft. Recently someone has contacted me saying they are working on my plugin. I appreciate his work and effort while I am away. This is a link to his topic. His download can be found at hawox.no-ip.info
    uQuest - Overly customizable quest system!
    German Questlist 5/16/11
    [​IMG]
    Coming Soon!
    Gui Questmaker (Heres a beta build!)
    Upload/download area for quests!
    mcMMO extension!

Team:
    Hawox
    Laxlux - New German quest list maintainer
    HiMyNameIsAJ - Creating a uQuest website
    Looking for:
    • Someone to make a nice looking website for uquest (Not my cup of java).
    • Someone to add MySql support.
    • Plugin attachment devs!
    • Someone with ideas on different quest types!
    • People to write some random quests to be thrown in the defaults!

-----------------------Plugin summery below this point-----------------------
    ~Comes preloaded with 53 quests!~

Support for: (You don't NEED any of these for the plugin to work.)
    Code:
    Permissions (but not needed!)
      -"uQuest.CanQuest.*" - Allows all these sub permissions
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.done"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.amount"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.stats'
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.info"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.give"
        -"uQuest.CanDropQuest"

-"uQuest.CanReloadQuests" - Allows the use of /reloadquests
      -"uQuest.CanReloadQuestConfig" - Allows the use of /reloadquestconfig

iConomy (but not needed!)
     BOSEconomy (Again, not needed!)
     Essentials! (Again, not needed!)
    Alright here goes, theres a lot to cover so I may miss something on this first go threw! Want a better way to get money into your server economy that selling items to the server or random lottery's? Do you like QUESTS?!?! Do you want your users to compete to see who is a better quester? Then uQuest might be for you!

uQuest offers your users a simple way to quest! No need to walk miles and miles to a random NPC or click on some block at spawn. All they need to do is type '/uquest give' and uQuest will give them a random quest from it's database! A yml file is provided where you type out each quest for your users. That's right. YOU can decide how many quests there are, what they are, and how you want your users to do them (creating and editing this file are explained on the wiki). You can broadcast every x quests someone finishes to the server as well as give out rewards for x amount of quests. I'll leave the rest for the features section, just thought I'd get you hooked with that :3 If you grab the .zip (which you need to if you want to store your users in a SQLite database!) I have included 53 quests inside!

All of that not enough? Well theres an API! Other plugin authors can use this as a base for their own plugins!

Here's a quick screenshot of what the text looks like:
    [​IMG]

~Features~
    (I may miss a few, there's quite a bit)

~Quest Types~
    All of these can have specific locations set to them! (Can only do in this area etc)
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Commands~
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Watch out~
    With great power (of customization)... Come's great responsibility.... There is a lot that can go wrong if you don't pay attention when your changing files. Thankfully, I've tried to have the plugin spew out as many warnings as it could on the servers start. Always give it a check to make sure the plugin loaded all of your work!!!

~Plugin Attachments~
    (These plugins add new features to the basic uQuest system)
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Support for uQuest levels
    Completes quests automagicly! Works with the same methods as showtracker so it has the same flaws. There is this weird bug when running both at the same time that spams some weird extra text. Try to ignore it for now.
    Just put the jar into your plugins folder and it will work on it's own!
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Unknown status on working with quest levels. | Odd text bug with showtracker/this mix.

~Plugins using the API~
    (These plugins use the uQuest API to shape their own plugin)
    PuzzleQuest

Since people don't read the above, I'll post this again here so I don't have to write the reply back to this anymore.

2. Offline

Insers

Is there a possibility to do Quests from 1 to 50 but no random?

3. Offline

Funkfoose

Any possibility of adding in the future of multi-world support, with nether world detection and then having the ability to add nether world specific quests?

4. Offline

Andreas Brisner

Im getting internal error when running /quest. Im on newest CB, 556.

isPlayer is removed, please update the plugin. :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  5. Offline

Hawox

Updating to the newest recommended build.

EDIT: Once I get all the stuff added to this that I want, I'll make other plugins, with this as their API, to do quests in different orders/different ways of getting them.

EDIT2: Updated!

Version 0.974

• Updated to CB 556
    • Changed the way I got random numbers. Tell me if it helps from people getting the same quests over and over.

6. Did you changed something to the SQLite Database ?
    Since the 0.974 i go tons of error, using the previous record (so i don't loose the players stats)
    I'm 100% sure it's the
    uQuestQuester file that messes everything up (when i delete it, a new one is created and no probs !)

It happens when i use /q <parameter>
    /q alone is working, but /q + parameter is creating exception, then i get this message in game :
    "An internal error occured while attempting to perform the command"

Using CB 493

Code:
    2011-03-17 16:31:59 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'q' in plugin Hawox's uQuest v0.974
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:33)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:183)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:619)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:582)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:576)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 59, Size: 59
        at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
        at hawox.uquest.QuestInteraction.getCurrentQuest(QuestInteraction.java:193)
        at hawox.uquest.QuestInteraction.showQuestersInfo(QuestInteraction.java:213)
        at hawox.uquest.commands.Cmd_uquest.onCommand(Cmd_uquest.java:77)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:31)
        ... 12 more

EDIT : I tried with previous release, my db file is totally fucked up, is there a way to copy the entry into a new one ? So people don't loose their stats ?

7. Offline

Andreas Brisner

Feature-request: Make it so that quests only can be gotten in special places.. Like a quest shop. ( I dont like it being global)

8. Offline

Hawox

@Arno00 That happened to me when I had a quest # that was NOT in the database. Did you edit the number of quests? Delete a few? The person getting that error has a quest # that is not in the file. Give it a check and add a bunch more quests. I didn't change anything related to that.

@Andreas Brisner Read the posts. This is a simple quest system. It has an API so others can make quests systems like that easily. Since I have not seen anyone make anything with the API at all I'm going to make some other plugins with it. It's not going to happen until I get this plugin further along however. I am taking today to work on a DVD someone payed me to make IRL so I may not get another release out today. I have however been striving on one a day. Even if it's just a small fix.

9. Offline

Mrjibidi

You should add something like to go talk to someone and it gives gather or he wants you to return back to complete.

10. Offline

Hawox

Please read the entire topic.
    EDIT:
    As in the first post.

11. Offline

jerrylive365

As I understand it he will be fixing that today.

12. Offline

Hawox

I already did :confused:
    EDIT:

13. @Hawox I don't see any error in my quests, i used them earlier and i didn't changed anything Oo
    When i put the empty uQuestQuester from the rar you provide it works, then when i put the fil from my serveur, it doesn't work :s

Here are my quests (translated in french) :
    Code:
    Quest_0=WoodyWood:gather:Va me chercher quelques planches !:Merci beaucoup !:5:40:40:20:Planches:0:0
    Quest_1=Rocky:gather:Va me chercher plein de cobble !:C'était trop facile !:4:150:150:30:Cobblestone:0:0
    Quest_2=Redstone:gather:Récolte moi un peu de redstone !:C'est électrique!:331:25:25:20:Redstone:0:0
    Quest_3=Vol De Porte:gather:On m'a vole ma porte, essaye de trouver une porte de rechange !:Tu peux tenir la porte ?:324:1:1:5:Porte en bois:0:0

Quest_4=DIAM'S!!!:gather:S'il vous plait, pourriez vous m'amener des diamants ?!:Merci pour les diamants !:264:5:5:2000:Diamants:0:0
    Quest_5=Bada Big Boom:gather:Apportez moi du souffre! Et faites attention!:On va pouvoir tout faire péter!:289:10:10:400:Souffres(Gunpowder):0:0
    Quest_6=MrCactus:gather:Ramène moi du cactus ! Vite!:Aie ! Tu m'as pique!:81:50:50:100:Cactus:0:0
    Quest_7=Maitre d'armes:gather:J'ai besoin de me préparer! Fait moi une épée en fer!:THIS IS SPARTA!:267:1:1:50:Épée en fer:0:0
    Quest_8=Hypoglycémie:gather:J'ai besoin de sucre ! Peux tu m'en procurer ?:Owi ! Plus ! Plus !:353:128:128:70:Sucres:0:0
    Quest_9=Bouquet:gather:C'est moche ici ! Amène des fleurs pour décorer!:MA-GNI-FIQUE!:37:10:10:100:Fleurs jaunes:0:0
    Quest_10=Obsi-quoi ?:gather:Amène moi de l'Obsidian ! Pourquoi ? J'ai mes raisons !:A moi le nether!:49:5:5:200:Obsidian:0:0
    Quest_11=Banquier:gather:Mon inventaire est plein ! Fais moi des coffres !:Ah merci ca va mieux!:54:10:10:70:Coffres:0:0
    Quest_12=Disco:gather:Je suis en train de créer une discothèque, aide moi !:Nananana BATMAN! :84:5:5:2000:Jukebox:0:0
    Quest_13=Les Grisous:gather:J'ai besoin de charbon pour mon four ! Amènes-en un peu !:Tu vas bien ? T'es tout noir !:263:32:32:70:Charbons:0:0
    Quest_14=Histoire de ficelles:gather:J'ai besoin de fils d'araignées, tu peux m'en donner ?:Génial !!!:287:10:10:150:Ficelles:0:0

Quest_15=Pioche:gather:Je vais faire un truc, trouves une pioche en diamant!:Merci !:278:1:1:1200:Pioche en diamant:0:0
    Quest_16=Apocalypse now:gather:j'aime pas mes voisins, apporte moi du TNT !:Mwuahahahah:46:2:2:400:TNT:0:0
    Quest_17=Beau et lisse:gather:J'ai besoin de pierre lisse, ramène moi une falaise!:ooh, c'est trop beau !:1:100:100:100:Pierre lisse:0:0
    Quest_18=Robin des bois:gather:Je doit battre robin des bois, ramène moi un carquois rempli de flèches !:A l'assaut!:262:50:50:200:Flèches:0:0
    Quest_19=L'épreuve du feu:gather:J'ai besoin de silex pour ... Quelque chose !:Si on te le demande, tu ne m'a jamais donné ça.:318:10:10:80:Silex (Flint):0:0
    Quest_20=Plantation:gather:Je doit replanter, apporte moi des pousses d'arbres !:magnifique !:6:25:25:50:Pousses d'arbre:0:0
    Quest_21=Bric a broc:gather:Ne me haï pas, mais j'ai besoin de toutes tes briques.:Je t'aime.:45:5:5:80:Briques:0:0
    Quest_22=Ho mon bateau:gather:Je part en voyage, trouve moi un bateau!:Et je navigue sur l'océan ...:333:2:2:80:Bateau:0:0
    Quest_23=Dissertation:gather:Je doit écrire une dissert', trouve moi une rame de papier !:Ou est mon stylo ?:339:64:64:150:Papier:0:0
    Quest_24=Chaton:gather:Mon chat meurt de fin, ramène du poisson grillé !:Gentil chat!:350:2:2:50:Poisson grillé:0:0
    Quest_25=Bouse party:gather:Je prépare un truc spécial, ramène moi de la terre !:Tu as l'air ... terreux.:3:128:128:50:Terre:0:0
    Quest_26=Peur du noir:gather:J'ai peur du noir ! trouve moi des torches !:Merci, ça soulage!:50:28:28:70:Torches:0:0
    Quest_27=Keskidi ?:gather:Je suis fermier, trouve moi une bêche.:Merci pour la bêche!:291:2:2:30:Bêche en pierre (stone hoe):0:0
    Quest_28=Graine:gather:J'ai besoin de graines pour mes champs, ramène moi plein de graines !:C'est l'heure du blé!:295:10:10:75:Graines:0:0

Quest_29=A poil:gather:Je pense avoir ... oublier mon pantalon ...:Yeah, enfin un pantalon !:300:1:1:50:Pantalon en cuir:0:0
    Quest_30=Chaud devant:gather:J'ai besoin de lave pour fondre mes minerais:Merci, tu devrais essayer !:327:2:2:200:Seaux de lave:0:0
    Quest_31=Bretteur:gather:Forge-moi quelques épées !:Merci, j'en avait besoin pour ... tuer des monstres. C'est vrai ...:272:1:1:20:Épées en pierre:0:0
    Quest_32=Replante:blockplace:Aide le monde ! Plante des arbres !:Ta récompense est que tu sais que ce que tu as fait est bon !:6:30:0:90:Pousses d'arbres plantée:0:0
    Quest_33=Ça va être tout noir:blockplace:Des mobs apparaissent partout ! Place des torches !:Je peux enfin construire en paix <3:50:100:0:100:Torches placées:0:0
    Quest_34=Mort aux feuilles:blockdestroy:Je ne peux pas voir le soleil, casse quelques feuilles pour moi !:Encore trop de feuilles ...:18:100:0:200:Feuilles détruites:0:0
    Quest_35=Victime de Creeper:gather:Plus qu'un ... demi coeur ...:Omnomnom! Merci! Tu peux en garder!:320:2:1:20:porc cuit:0:0
    Quest_36=Windows 7:blockplace:Place de vitres ... parce que j'en ai envie.:o_O:20:20:0:50:Vitres placées:0:0
    Quest_37=Grapheur:gather:je vais peindre le monde, il me faut du colorant !:Ça va être trop beau !:351:5:5:50:Colorants:0:0
    Quest_38=Ostéoporose:gather:Il me faut de nouveaux os ...:Hmm, Il m'en faudrait plus ...:352:5:5:70:Os:0:0
    Quest_39=Maitre des pièges:gather:Mes voisins marchent sur mes fleurs, prépare moi quelques dispenser !:Prépare toi a combattre mes voisin !:23:2:2:150:Dispensers:0:0

Quest_40=Stairway to heaven:gather:Il me faut des escaliers en bois pour construire un escalier géant !:Merci, je vais pouvoir monter au 7ème ciel !:53:20:20:150:Escaliers en bois:0:0
    Quest_41=Bob l'éponge:gather:Il vit dans un ananas dans la mer !:Tu es cruel ...:19:10:10:310:Eponges:0:0
    Quest_42=Chicken party:gather:Je mangerai bien une omelette ... Ramène moi des oeufs !:Délicieuse !:344:2:2:200:Oeufs:0:0
    Quest_43=The cake is not a lie:gather:J'ai besoin d'être fixé, ramène moi un gateau !:It's not a lie ...:354:1:1:200:Gateau:0:0
    Quest_44=This is halloween:gather:Il me faut de la déco pour halloween !:Ca fera l'affaire !:91:5:5:300:Jack'O'Latern (citrouille avec torche):0:0
    Quest_45=Le louvre:gather:J'ai besoin de quelques toiles pour ma nouvelles gallerie !:Magnifiques !:321:5:5:150:Peintures:0:0
    Quest_46=Mineur Fou:blockdestroy:Prouve ta valeur, en allant casser de l'obsidienne !:C'était long, hein ?:49:20:0:700:Blocs d'obsidienne cassés:0:0
    Quest_47=Stand de tir:gather:J'ai cassé mon arc !:merci !:261:1:1:100:Arc:0:0
    Quest_48=Bling bling:gather:Un pantalon en or, pour les riches.:Sublimement magnifique !:316:1:1:400:Pantalon en or:0:0
    Quest_49=Combattre avec style:gather:Je ne suis pas un barabre, je combat avec style !:Tuer en toute élégance.:283:1:1:150:Epee en or:0:0
    Quest_50=Le cheminot:gather:Je suis a cours de stock, il me faut des rails !:Liaison Arcadia - Regaran en construction:66:16:16:350:Rails:0:0
    Quest_51=Pyromane:gather:J'en ai besoin ... pour quelque chose ...:FIIIRREEE !!:259:3:3:200:Briquets:0:0

Quest_52=Abbatoir:kill:Va tuer des cochons !:Mort au porc!:pig:5:0:100:Cochons tués:0:0
    Quest_53=Arachnophobie:kill:Non !  Des araignées !:Elles sont partout ...:Spider:5:0:150:Araignées tuées:0:0
    Quest_54=Ssssssshhh:kill:Les creepers ont fait peter ma maison !:Combien de fois t'ont ils eu ?:creeper:5:0:200:Creepers tués:0:0
    Quest_55=Resident Evil:kill:Ils sont partout !:Le virus est répendu ...:zombie:5:0:150:Zombies tués:0:0
    Quest_56=Bâââh !:kill:Les moutons piétinent mes champs, va les tuer !:T'as eu beaucoup de laine ?:sheep:5:0:100:Moutons tués:0:0
    Quest_57=POULEEEEET !:kill:Extermine cette vermine de poulet !:UN POULEEEEEEEEET !:chicken:5:0:100:Poulets tués:0:0
    Quest_58=Meuh:kill:A mort les brouteurs !:Tu va pouvoir te crafter un pantalon ...:cow:5:0:100:Vaches tuées:0:0

14. Offline

Hawox

Add one more quest. It's looking for quest 59 and you don't have a quest 59 in there. Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 59, Size: 59

Your file is not working because someone has quest 59. Your file only has quests going up to 58.

If you didn't remove a quest then somehow my plugin gave a number too high. Let me go see if that was the case.

15. Ho go you're right, i forgot that i removed a quest T_T Or i should say that my file is not up to date.

Sorry for that :/
    Thanks for your precious help x)

16. Offline

Hawox

Oh okay so it's not my plugin. Good good. I'll go update my plugin to drop someone quest if they have a number that does not exist.

17. Offline

crohakon

Using 556. I had to go above the latest recommonded build in order to use the latest world edit. World Edit trumps all. =)

18. Offline

Blackstorm72

It might have been said - but I don't see it on the first post;
    Love the quest system btw! I had an idea, do you think its possible for them to gather additional materials other then just one item? As in, gather 5 wood blocks and then 5 iron blocks? I'm making a quest system that would feature easy type quests, medium, hard, and then extreme like.

If it was already mentioned/added then I am a total noob at this, lol :)

19. Offline

Hawox

I could and I shall! I'll just need to completely rearrange the entire structure that the quests have. I've been thinking about ways to auto convert them all to the new system when I release it. It will look sort of like the random item rewards for the multiple items. I'll have it out hopefully in a week. No promises. I have other stuff to work on but I try to set time aside everyday for this,

20. The idea above is really awesome, we should be able to do more complex quests x)

If you're looking for more features, i don't know if it is possible but you should add group scaling with permission.
    Like if someone do 100 quest, he moves to the upper group "bronze quester" then at 200 to "silver quester", and so on !
    This would be very useful, and i heard that some people who are using your plugin is looking for this too x)

BTW i don't know if you're working on this but levelscaling is still not working :(

21. Offline

Joakim

hello!
    I innstalled the uQuest plugin from the bukkit site. And I made alot of quests with money award but when I have done the quest it stays "Unvideble id so you get 10 dirt".

And in my config.yml it stays "Questreward: money"
    What should I do ?:)

22. Offline

Hawox

It dose not work that way. http://hawox.wikispaces.com/Quest Rewards Editing

EDIT:
    Level scaling is currently #1 priority. Once that is done I am revamping quests and making it auto update your quests to the new format. Then I am going to have to remake the questmaker GUI. After that I plan to release the source of both and start work on different quest plugins. As well as a few projects I have yet to release.

23. Offline

Joakim

but how can my players get money and not blocks?

24. The amount of money you get is defined in the quest file. This parameter is for extra reward every x quest done.

25. Offline

Joakim

but how should the questreward look like then?

26. Offline

Hawox

Read the link I posted you...?

EDIT:
    Updates and the such will be bland for the next few days. I'm converting quest storage to yaml. The file storage was a rollover from when I had this on hMod. I know this will vastly increase the size and scrolling in files that you will have to do. However I think it's a nicer option as it allows you to edit each individual quest with less fuss as well as allowing me to add and remove things without revamping the entire plugin for every change.

~Also, this should eliminate most of the leather pants type bug that have eluded me for the past few days. As from day one, my goal is user customizability. I'm doing my best to stay towards that goal.

27. So bad that YML dont support french (and other language) accent such as é è ê à ...

Good luck for this huge update :D

28. Offline

Hawox

Hmmm...? Should I stick with the current layout even though it will get amazingly hard to read? I'm still conflicted on this myself.

29. Offline

NEO

/uquest and /q simply tell me to type /uquest for information about uquest. I do not have mcmmo installed as that is what someone suggested was the problem earlier.

30. Offline

Hawox

That sounds like a permissions issue.

31. Offline

NEO

using permissions 2.5.2 cb 493 v .972

I have the * permission and am oped. The weird things is i have a test server that i have automatically copy over from my server once a week and on my test server usquest works fine. I cant find any differences between my test server and my real server that would be able to effect uquest.