[FUN/DEV] InvisibleInk v1.4 - Ever wondered why all paper is blank? [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Dutch_Devil, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Dutch_Devil

INVISIBLE INK PLUGIN

Ever tried to make quests or maps with paper and noticed that only you knew what was 'written' on the paper?
    Ever wondered why all paper in minecraft is blank?

Well, I tell you why. It's because all ink in minecraft is invisible ink! And with this plugin you are actually able to know what is written with this magical unknown and unreadable substance.

Invisible Ink Plugin
    Version 1.4
    By Lennart van Bremen
    Total package (Invisible Ink, extensions and source)​
    Description:
    With the invisible ink plugin enabled you can create different types of papers. Each paper can be read or executed by left or right clicking. Extensions with custom behavior are easy to develop and implement on your server.​
    Features:
    • Creating different types of papers with custom text 'written' on them
    • 'Readable paper' for information
    • 'Command paper' for issuing commands by only right-clicking
    • Easy-to-use API for creating custom behavior
    • Commands ready to use for even faster development of you own extension
    • Support for Permissions plugin to enable/disable users to create, read and use paper
      • (Defaulting to OP's only when permissions is not available)
    Usage:
    To create a paper, use the command '/createpaper <String>' where <String> is any number of words you want to be written on the paper. By left-clicking while holding the paper you read it. Right-clicking doesn't do anything with regular paper.​
    To create a command paper, use '/createcommandpaper <String>' where <String> is the command you want to be issued by this paper. Note that the / in front of the command isn't necessairy.​
    If you are using permissions, the following rights can be given:​
    • invisibleink.readablepaper rights to create standard readable paper
    • invisibleink.commandpaper rights to create a command paper
    • invisibleink.read rights to read any paper
    • invisibleink.use rights to use any paper
    Papers can be dropped, traded etc. just like any other item. However, to prevent confusing the plugin, stacking of paper is disallowed. If you try to stack them, a duplication bug can occur, this is only temporary though. To prevent this bug from happening, a client sided mod would have to be written which would decrease portability and thus won't be supported by me. The only workaround is just not to try and stack paper. Thank you.
    Supported extensions:
    These are extensions written by me or other developers for usage with the InvisibleInk plugin. By adding them to this list I encourage you to try them too, but am in no way responsible for bugs or errors. Notify the developer of the extension about those!
    • TemporaryPermissionPaper by Lennart van Bremen..................................... Description
    • TimedLicense by Lennart van Bremen............................................................. Description
    • PaperChooser by Lennart van Bremen............................................................ Description
    • TeleportPaper by Lennart van Bremen............................................................ Description
    • Your extension here? Notify me with a link to your download and description!
    Extension development

For developing an extension for the InvisibleInk plugin, there are only four things you have to do:
    1. Add the InvisibleInk.jar as library to your project (there are enough tutorials about that!)
    2. Create a class extending CustomPaper and fill in the methods
    3. Bind a command which creates your paper and/or adds it to the players inventory
    4. If you are happy, upload it here and notify me about it!
    The plugin internally works with an id number ranging from 1 to 65535 and passes this id to your functions. Make sure you keep the id in memory to be able to use your paper!

Possible functions you can use can be found in the class file ReadablePaper.
    All functions have javadocs, so make sure you read those before asking for help!
    I also recommend you look at the source code for TempPermissionPaper available here
    Collaborators:

You can help me improving my plugins by reporting bugs or suggesting improvements. There is also an API available for this mod for all you developers out there to use.
    By helping me you get a nice spot down here:
    • Claim your position here by helping me!
    Changelog:
    • v1.4 - tested for craftbukkit 1000 (no significant changes)
    • v1.3 - fixed a minor bug
    • v1.2 - added more functions to support extensions, added paperchooser extension
    • v1.1 - tidied up the code and made source available
    • v1.0 - initial release!

Firemars likes this.
  2. Offline

Juze

3. And source ? I'd really like to learn a few things from this.

4. Offline

Dutch_Devil

I'll try to get the source code a little bit clearer and upload it after that.

Digi likes this.
  5. Offline

JoshP95

Is there a config file? I cannot find it
    Great plugin by the way!

6. Offline

cduce2411

The plugin doesn't detect my PermissionsBukkit. My users aren't op, but I want to give them the ability to make paper.

7. Offline

GoldDigger11148

If it made paper unstackable too, I would have this plugin. :D

8. Offline

Dutch_Devil

There is, but you generally shouldn't change it.
    The only configuration about this plugin is the permissions you can give your users. Use the config file of permissions for that.

It uses Permissions, not PermissionsBukkit. I don't really know the difference or advantages/disadvantages, but if you really want I can see and support PermissionsBukkit too.

it does ;)
    in some special cases it will show the paper stacked client sided, but they really aren't. If you try to use it the 'bugged' stack will just disappear and be a single paper again

9. Offline

Jonathan Thorpe

Link is down.

10. Offline

Dutch_Devil

oh god, swapped 2 links....
    Thank you for noting

11. Offline

Jonathan Thorpe

Nope, still not working. Can't reach the server you're using to host the files altogether.

12. Offline

Sh00ck

Code:
    2011-08-07 22:01:34 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/PaperChooser.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nl/Lennart/invisibleink/CustomPaper
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:168)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:130)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:97)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: nl.Lennart.invisibleink.CustomPaper
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
        ... 11 more
    2011-08-07 22:01:34 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/TeleportPaper.jar' in folder 'plugins':
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:168)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:130)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: nl.Lennart.invisibleink.CustomPaper
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        ... 11 more
    2011-08-07 22:01:34 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/TempPermissionPaper.jar' in folder 'plugins':
        ... 11 more
    Help :D?
    @Dutch_Devil

13. Offline

Dutch_Devil

hmm managed to replicate this exact same output by deleting invisibleink.jar from the plugins folder, are you sure you have invisibleink there with the other jars?

14. Offline

Jonathan Thorpe

For some reason, I cannot reach your website at all. Apparently it is up, but I can't connect. Must be a problem with my DNS somewhere. Do you have a mirror somewhere?

15. Offline

JoshP95

Hi again, just wondered if it's possible to add an option (or a config like I mentioned last time) so you can turn on/off the text that comes up when you execute a command. I've tried to edit the .class file for my own server but have had no progress due to inexperience. The only problem I have with this plugin is that it spams the console when you try and use multiple commands. If this could be done, that'd be great, if not then I'll look for an alternative!

Cheers

16. Offline

NikkyyyHD

can you make it so they can only use it once?

also, it says that you don't have access to this command, therefore it is useless isn't it.. ?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  17. Offline

LordDead1233

I can't download it could someone send me the link (the link on forum doesn't works)

18. Offline

Grimothy

Download Is Broken.

19. Offline

Matackable

May as well be an inactive plugin at this point.