[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Deleting the Citizens.items and Citizens.armor file should fix this error.

3. Open your Citizens.text, there are the lines that the NPC says, they should be split by a ";"

4. Try selecting with a Stick (280) defined in the settings

5. Offline

fullwall

Changed the default to *

6. Offline

IIGoldII

Yes they are split by a semi-colon.

7. Im sorry i was going to fast and didn't read your question 100%, let me check this when i'm at home, will be in about 2 hours.

Edit: 1.07d is a few bugfixed, might help, might not, but its always good to update to a bugfixed version.

8. Offline

kreek

Hey, I just recently got this mod and I also have one other, MCMMO. However I can spawn NPCs but when I right click and left click it won't select them. I've tried reinstalling and I'm the admin so it should let me do everything. Anybody know how to fix this issue. It's annoying not being able to select them.

9. Offline

IIGoldII

Ok.I'll update now and let you know if it is fixed.

10. Offline

IIGoldII

You have to select them by right clicking them with a stick.(280)

11. Offline

roly

using the .jar only.. i restart the server..

it never generate the settling files, citizen related folder autmatically?

12. Offline

kreek

Thanks dude, it works!

13. Offline

fullwall

There's a setting for this, which I don't think people realise :S.

14. Offline

IIGoldII

Was that directed towards me? <------

15. Offline

fullwall

Towards the people asking about right clicking to select NPCs.

16. Offline

mbsuperstar1

Fullwall, would it be possible for you to separate the name of the NPC (that is shown above its head) and the name it uses to find a skin from the official database.
    This would allow more customization and allow non-generic characters to be created.
    Just a suggestion, might not work or be possible etc.

17. Offline

Nanoinfinity

Our NPCs disappear on server restart. They're all in the config file, and in game you can select them with /npc select [id#] , but it's like they aren't being loaded in.

Any ideas?

18. Offline

fullwall

Do you have v1.07d? First try redownloading from the ZIP file, then see if the problem persists. Craftbukkit build as well please.

19. Offline

DaveDee

same problem + cloning
    Screens on prev. page

20. Offline

thiefzer0

Having an annoying error pop up now... and something I noticed is sometimes from certain angles and in certain areas I see what look like npcs "ghosting" across my screen real fast; kind of like the arrow glitch. Here's a snippet of the log showing the errors.
    Code:
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at java.io.DataOutputStream.writeInt(Unknown Source)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet28EntityVelocity.a(SourceFile:42)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet.a(SourceFile:149)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.e(SourceFile:130)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.d(SourceFile:9)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkWriterThread.run(SourceFile:83)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet.b(SourceFile:113)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(SourceFile:155)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(SourceFile:9)
    2011-03-29 11:42:47 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:62)

21. Offline

Chipmunk9998

I put this plugin back in my plugin folder. When I load up the server, even I can't load the chunks, and the server's running on the same computer that I'm playing on. I stop the server, remove this plugin, load the server back up, and it's working fine, no lag.

Edit: 1.06 seems to work fine, but I lose all new commands in 1.07.

22. Offline

biggetje537

first did the plugin work eggcelent but now if i put it that an npc will talk it just wont when i right click them,
    first did it work but suddenly it didnt work anymore

23. Offline

Andred

I see the problem now, my settings file wasn't copied correctly when I moved it to my server machine.

EDIT: I take that back, for some reason Citizens is overwriting my settings files with files that have no settings in them.

EDIT EDIT: I think it was the file format. Once I wrote the file from a native Linux text editor, the problem did not persist.

24. Offline

tom

Citizens just stopped working. When i installed Towny, half the NPC's were wiped, and i cant create new ones.

25. Offline

NouvelleOrange

The citizens dont talk anymore. I can set them lines but when I right click them it only selects them.

If talkwhenclose is the only option for them to talk, it sucks because I like it better when we were punching them to talk. What would be the BEST, better than anything is Talkwhenclose where we could set in the config file at how many blocks a npc startes talking. Right now I suspects its along the 5-6 blocks line which is too much. I'd rather it be 2. Well, it would be better if i could set that in the config file.

26. Offline

dragtor

you should add a nickname property so u can name then yourself and then you can nickname them something else so theyll have that skin but wont be called ur name

27. Offline

gods

Can this be used off server, like in the actually game?

28. Offline

NouvelleOrange

I love that. Same skin but not the same name.

29. Offline

Nuinbot

I wanted to add this to my private server but to think that I have to choose a Minecraft.net account to download a skin from seems a bit strange. First of all, at present the Minecraft.net does not allow you to see the skins of other people, even Notch himself. So, choosing a skin fitting for an NPC for your server is practically impossible without guessing.

I find it hard to believe that there is no way to place the skin PNGs somewhere on the server that runs this addon or link them from a reliable image hosting service, rather than have to retrieve them from the Minecraft.net site. Then, making truly customizable NPCs would be possible. I do not want to have my players download a texture pack to show specific armors to suggest the look, history and story of an NPC, let alone attempt to rely on skins that I cannot even research before implementing. Using ones I already know just duplicates the look of someone else, which I do not wish. Thanks for your time.

30. Offline

Andred

Minecraft skins players based on the Minecraft skins database, and currently the only way NPC's can exist is for something to generate what are essentially instances of the Player class that do nothing. Therefore, by Minecraft's limitations, NPC's cannot exist without being skinned according to their names. You would think that you could modify the code to allow for custom skins, but alas, it's not a plugin limitation, or a bukkit limitation, but a limitation in Minecraft itself. At least, that's my understanding of it.

31. Offline

CrazyCocoK

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2694/minecraftbukkitserverci.png

When trying to use this plug-in along with Essentials, MyHome, and Permissions. This is the error that comes up, and I find myself unable to use any of the commands. The server runner says that those commands do not exist. I am not sure what is going on here, and I even tried having ONLY Citizens folder and .jar in my Plugins folder, but that did not work either. It came up with a message similar to the image above.

I am sorry if this was answered earlier, but if it was, if you would kindly quote me the post or link the page to me :)