[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

ferretlegs

Yes, I have also had a memory leak that has started since 1.09a. There is no doubt that citizens is the contributor in that I do not get this problem when citizens is not active (I tried 2 x 24 hrs tests with and without to be sure), but that is not to say that the memory leak is not caused by citizens conflicting with something else. I would also add that since 1.09, this is the first time I have ever had server lag (i.e. destroyed blocks coming back and then going again) for me personally, because I am on the same local network as the server. So I would have to agree that although citizens is certrainly functional (the only bug I have found so far is that citizens wont speak if there is a block between you and the npc), it has definitely introduced a new server lag and memory leak problem that has never been there before and requires a server restart every couple of hours to manage.
    Hope this can be identified and addressed as all other major issues seem to have been resolved e.g. conversion issues, saving issues, floating, disappearing etc. Have provided my specs many times in the past, but happy to again of course if it will help at all.

3. Doesn't help that my drive with the page file on keeps going down. And also doesn't help when it happens when I'm asleep.

And now I find all my NPC's are gone. All 15.

4. Offline

fullwall

@ferretlegs - it would be amazingly helpful if you could use a Java profiler to narrow down the cause of the memory usage. I don't have a test server that I can run for a few hours to determine the memory leak, unfortunately :/.

5. Offline

Hubbe King

If you can provide us with instructions on what exactly you need done, I'm sure we could help you with it.

Like, which profiler you would prefer that we use?

6. Offline

fullwall

Well, if someone experiencing a high memory usage leak/etc. could do these steps, I would be much obliged.
    1) Download a Java profiler such as Jprofiler or JProbe (30-day trial is fine).
    2) Attach the profiler to the memory-leaking server.
    3) Look for two things - firstly, try to find the method calls, if any, that are related to Citizens and are chewing up a high percentage of CPU. Secondly, there should be a memory analyser - this may be harder to relate to citizens, but look for the parts of the server that are using the most memory. If you see anything abnormal such as something containing 'com.citizens' using more than a few megabytes, report it.
    The profiler may help also to determine which plugins use the most memory on your server ;).

7. Offline

aPunch

*cough* Halfcraft *cough*

8. Offline

Pro457

Found more spelling errors. "Stairss, Leavess"

9. Offline

KoffiePatje

Traders money can be taken by any player (Citizens 1.09b) [CB 953]

Hey guys, my players noticed that they could empty another players trader just by selecting and using /trader money take <ammount>

I hope you could fix this in your next build !

Thanks in Advance !

KoffiePatje

10. Offline

fullwall

@Pro457 - they're not 'spelling errors' - they're a misguided attempt to pluralise something ending with 's' - it adds another 's', not 'es'. I will change for next version.
    @KoffiePatje - thank you, fixed for next build.

11. Offline

Luwiego

I im also having problems with memory leaks.

12. Offline

ferretlegs

sorry aPunch, but I didnt understand that reference if it was supposed to be about my previous post that fullwall quoted.
    @fullwall, thanks for the troubleshooting steps you provided - will do this now I have some guidance (my professional background is in infrastructure, not programming).

13. Offline

fullwall

@ferretlegs - aPunch recently restarted his server. Looks like this memory leak issue is pretty much confirmed - just need to track down the cause now.

14. Offline

Cookies326

Citizens keep dissapearing(Spelling error I know), this is what I get.

Code:
    2011-07-06 19:05:42 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CHUNK_LOAD to Citizens
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:55)
        at com.citizens.Listeners.WorldListen.onChunkLoad(WorldListen.java:60)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$44.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:549)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.getChunkAt(ChunkProviderServer.java:90)
        at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInstance.<init>(PlayerInstance.java:31)
        at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.a(PlayerManager.java:45)
        at net.minecraft.server.PlayerManager.addPlayer(PlayerManager.java:84)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.moveToWorld(ServerConfigurationManager.java:267)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleport(CraftPlayer.java:231)
        at net.madmanmarkau.MultiHome.Util.teleportPlayer(Util.java:105)
        at net.madmanmarkau.MultiHome.CommandExecutor.goDefaultHome(CommandExecutor.java:38)
        at net.madmanmarkau.MultiHome.MultiHome.onCommandFromPlayer(MultiHome.java:126)
        at net.madmanmarkau.MultiHome.MultiHome.onCommand(MultiHome.java:117)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:298)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:711)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:676)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

15. Offline

Cenarius

ehumm can anyone help me with this one ???
    what if i wanted to Wizard interacting item to be the "Hand"
    and is it possible to give him infinite mana ?

EDIT:nvm about the reacting item part i just made it 0 with is air which is suppose to be in an empty hand (as i released using worldedit bound when it says bounded to air) and it works
    now about the infinty mana ..
    i want to make the wizard NEVER run out of mana ..
    is it possible guys ?

16. Okay Multiplay has updated to 1.0.9b but its still not saving, and its not even saving on my private server, Is anyone else getting these problems?

17. Offline

Duginox

Yes, I've got the same problem.

18. Offline

Taho

This new Version 1.0.9b (362,540 bytes) keep all my 16 npcs. And when creating a new NPC, his name is well saved on file.. Good job and thanks.. ;)

19. Offline

fullwall

@Duginox - how are you stopping / reloading your server?

20. On multiplay, every time you change something like a config file it restarts the server automatically, thats how I expect, same as me.

21. Offline

Maskur

I'm using multiworld portals on my world that use water instead of the portal block. I just had a pirate boat spawn inside one of my portals, it locked glitched because the boat was black and stuck at the top of the portal. Maybe you should consider a specific amount of water to be a preequisite for spawning a pirate.

22. Offline

fullwall

ARavingMadMonkey - it probably doesn't stop the server properly then? Try /citizens save.

23. And that work, Thank you so much! On my server we use the NPCs as guides in a tutorial area so it was essential I got it working XD

24. Offline

mrgreaper

took a couple of days to post this as i wanted to make sure it was citizens that caused it, we kept having our server crash with an error in terminal ">killed" we then also started experiencing game killing lag i went through the plugins taking some out rebooting we narrowed it down to citizens 1.0.9 with just that removed and all the settings all etc kept the same the server runs with out lag (we only had 2 npcs) to save repeating info http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/server-killed-thats-error-help.24558/#post-447556 is the original thread i posted when i had the >killed error it shows the version, the plugins i use server architecture etc, will try it again when its 1.0.10 lol

25. Offline

sme4gle

EXACTLY the same happens to me!

26. Offline

dakzerox

Why i can't kill or attack Evil npc?

27. Offline

Cenarius

Ok now i've got 2 problems ..
    right clicking a wizard does NOT teleport ...
    and npcs does not look at players all the time they only look at me when i bush them or interact with them ..
    anyone is having the same porblem ?
    now common that isn't fair the most important npc i want is the wizard because the developer of AncientGates has stopped supporting them and therefor i want to use the npcs as alternative, i might also use traders and i will use guards only after they're done but please right now someone help me with the wizard :)

28. Offline

mrgreaper

does removing citizens fix it for you too?

29. Offline

Duginox

Well, I read the thing about ''/citizens save'' and I tried it.
    I ain't got any problems when saving any traders or such, but when I try to restart my server after I've made a wizard with the mode ''TIME'' it does not save.
    At first he works, but after a restart he goes back to default.

My NPC
    Name: Notch (I've tried other characters)
    Toggle: Wizard
    Mode: TIME

How I restart
    1. /Save-all
    2. /Citizens save
    3. /Stop
    4. Reopen the bukkit client.

30. Offline

Cenarius

well i got the problem with the teleport mod ..
    and i guess it's the same with weather and spawn ...
    after restart he isn't a wizard anymore ..

also i was having problem to apply the things ... will it does not work when i use IConomy ..
    it teleports if it was in item mode only !

31. Offline

dinusocol

I tryed to sell armors and wheapons but the when i use for example /trader sell 261:1 100$ it says that there is no such id but when i type /trader sell 261:! 10$ it works
    and to save npc`s i need to type down /citizens save ?