[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

YoungDwayne

Well That Might Work, If I Can Find Someone With The Skin I Have I Can Make A Few People Now I Just Have To Find Someone With A McDonalds Creeper Skin xD Or Someone With A McDonalds Skin Period

3. Offline

YoungDwayne

Oh Hows That Work? And Oh Your Fullwall (i was wondering what that was) can you make a video tut on how to? or at least tell me in depth? im an idoit

EDIT-
    player editor hasnt updated to 1.7.2

4. Offline

Pro457

Just found a new bug, the npc's cant equip armor anymore. I have tried /npc helmet 314, /npc torso 315, /npc legs 316, /npc boots 317. :/

5. Offline

xxugotowned

Its /npc armor [Slot] Id
    ROFL Typo?

6. Offline

Sporadisk

Hi there, just posting to mention that Citizens is among my main suspects in a pretty bad memory leak issue on my server. Also, the save bug erased all but two of the npc's.

7. Offline

ledhead900

Would it not just be much easier to combine bukkitcontrib into bukkit and call it a day?

So is essentials the issue for all the new NPC issues in regards npcs loseing name data and all of that stuff on conversion. Why do essentials contiously ruin every plugin like that.

aPunch likes this.
  8. Offline

Luwiego

I got problems with setowner. Im the server admin, ive created a trading npc and wanted to test it so i set owner to a random player. When i want to set it back to me as a owner, it doesnt let me :(

9. Offline

fullwall

@Sporadisk - can you confirm this with a profiler + narrow it down using said profiler? That would help *immensely*. Also, we *may* have fixed the saving bug, but we need testers on IRC to confirm. Thank you.

10. Offline

ledhead900

what save bug? The one where u first convert your 1.0.8 and it works first load but on restart the names get messed up and half your npcs are missing? I will test that out 4 sure.

11. Offline

ohmydoddtv

Are we expecting an update today then? :) Oh and what is IRC?

12. Offline

DannyZXC

Hi, I just download this last night and it says its compatible with BOSEcon (Witch I'm asuming is BOSEconomy) Witch I have but I can only make the currency yellowflowers how can I cange it so that my member can pay with the BOSEconomy money they earn? And I have read the wiki and looked up several youtube videos (But no videos about citizens and BOSEconomy)

13. Offline

xxugotowned

same error with me :\

14. Offline

fullwall

Still having issues with saving - have confirmed that plugin moves data over, saves it to config - it just never seems to actually get written to disk :/. I have no idea what is causing this.

15. Offline

Sporadisk

Hi, I will try to find time for testing later today, though I can't make any promises.

I've never had to do java debugging before, I honestly would not know where to start looking for a profiler. Point me in the right direction and I will get cracking, though :)
    I've deactivated the plugin for the time being, so if the memory leak issues persist Citizens will at least be cleared of that suspicion.

Wikipedia has an article on it :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

16. Offline

fullwall

@Sporadisk - not sure about any free ones, but there should be some out there. An example of a good commercial one (which has a free trial) is JProfiler. The CPU tab is very helpful :).

17. Offline

Exanimo

Go to the Citizens Plugin directory and open economy.yml with an editor.
    There you will see:
    Your settings will probably be set to False so change them to true should do the trick.

ZNickel and DannyZXC like this.
  18. Offline

scrub88

is there anyway to put a space in a npc's name?

19. Offline

xxugotowned

Yes there is
    Example:
    If your npc name was uhm
    Bob The Builder
    You Do This
    Bob_The_Builder
    :D
    hope this helps :D

20. Offline

Luwiego

help ?

21. Offline

xxugotowned

Yay Thanks i went though there and didnt see that Thanks for Help :) +

22. Offline

scrub88

nope.. my npc appears with the underscore

23. Offline

KoffiePatje

I have the exact same problem :(

24. Offline

Exanimo

Try Bob/Builder to get Bob Builder, works for me.
    Not sure if Bob/the/Builder is allowed aswell but only one way to find out.

scrub88 likes this.
  25. Offline

Exanimo

I have the same issue and i have to edit the npc-profiles file to give me back ownership.

26. Offline

Laloeka

@fullwall Are you sure you loop through every NPC when saving everything, and are you sure the file is opened for writing when you do so? [diamond]

Just thinking..:rolleyes:

27. Offline

scrub88

yay! ty :) i tried the / on another server and it didnt work then so I figured it wouldnt work this time round

EDIT: oh! it says Mayor/Cob in the chat, i dont suppose there is anyway to get around that?

28. Offline

xxugotowned

uhm he not doing bob the builder that was my example XD

29. Offline

fullwall

OK, after hours of arduous testing, we have fixed the saving bug. Release should be soonish...

30. Offline

Exanimo

If there is i would like to know aswell :)

31. Offline

xxugotowned

Woot save update soon :) cant wait been waiting like 2-3hr for this update :)