[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Lordk

Hi, first I love your plugin ! But it's would be better if you add guard. A guard is an NPC who attack player near the NPC. The user can choose the player that the NPC attack.
    Sorry for my english, i'm a french fan of minecraft !

3. Offline

sfxworks

In addition to this I am also getting these errors happening once in a while. Just keeping you updated.
    Code:
    2011-06-05 18:29:19 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CHUNK_UNLOAD to Citizens
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fullwall/Citizens/Utils/NPCLocation
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Listeners.WorldListen.onChunkUnload(WorldListen.java:44)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$41.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:526)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.unloadChunks(ChunkProviderServer.java:221)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1556)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:391)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-06-05 18:29:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event CHUNK_UNLOAD to Citizens
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fullwall/Citizens/Utils/NPCLocation
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Listeners.WorldListen.onChunkUnload(WorldListen.java:44)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$41.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:526)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at net.minecraft.server.ChunkProviderServer.unloadChunks(ChunkProviderServer.java:221)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1556)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:391)

4. Offline

aPunch

The CHUNK_UNLOAD issue will be fixed next version. As for the xAuth toggle issue, just use one of the 3 aliases:

/t
    /tog
    /togg

5. Offline

Beans

ok so i tried making a npc and it worked perfect. but how do i make it be a guard or a wizard or a bandit? i keep typing /guard help like the menu says to do but it says that i need to select a npc first. so i do but when it's selected and i type /guard help, it says that my npc is not a guard yet. how do i do this? i looked at the wiki and still nothing. can someone help pls?! :)

6. Offline

Daniel Few

I think you use
    /npc create [name]
    right click the npc then
    /guard
    THIS IS MOST PROBABLY WRONG :p
    -DanJames

EDIT: Hang on, are guards even out yet :/

7. Offline

NzGameFreak

How do I use this plugin? The /basic says internal error bullshit.

8. Other ones:
    Bobby: Portal wesly wit ha black head
    Guard: Master Chief
    Notch: Notch
    Rapist: spider???sKully??? IDK

9. Offline

aPunch

GUARDS ARE NOT OFFICIALLY OUT YET. IF YOU COMPLAIN OR REPORT GUARD BUGS, YOU WILL BE EITHER:

A) IGNORED.

or

B) YELLED AT BY ME.

Specops343 and Stassi like this.
  10. Offline

geloum

:) My regular talking NPC's only say one sentence since new update, have any idea ?

Good night ;)

11. Offline

nikolater

I am having an issue when I create a trader I give him unlimited stock and sell dirt for 1, then i change the owner I can't buy from him at all it just acts like the stocking menu. Help?

EDIT: nvm I saw a post saying that you are fixing it thnx!

12. Offline

Tspinner

i did!

13. Offline

cris kevin

well you have server up then i can help you

14. Offline

Mikoyano

You go like this: create the NPC and type /toggle [NPC Type]... so its /toggle guard... but keep in mind that guards doesnt work yet. So dont expect this to work anyway lol... And traders arent working either so... yeah

15. Offline

Deren909

commands??!!?

16. Offline

aPunch

You're joking, right?

17. Offline

Drageer

I'm sorry if someone already asked this, but i'm guessing this doesn't work with permissions 3.1.4?

18. Offline

aPunch

It works with all Permissions versions about 2.7. It may even work with ones below 2.7, but I haven't tested.

19. Offline

Crynix

It isn't randomizing the text he says for me... there were no errors in the console. I'm running on the latest recommended build of Bukkit and 1.08f of Citizens.

20. Offline

aPunch

Ah, yes. We changed it so it isn't random anymore. The text will now output in order.

arthoz likes this.
  21. Offline

Crynix

Is there any way for me to make it spit out phrases randomly? Even when I add 10 phrases it only says the last phrase I added

22. Offline

DeadlyScone

The plugin still doesn't work.
    i use iConomy and whenever i set the npc as a trader and go to stock the npc i get this on my chat
    Stocking has Began
    Stocking has Stopped
    and the non op's and admins can open the inventory and just take whatever i have in the npc's stock for free even though i have set a price for that item.
    and i get this for default group...
    Transaction Log
    ---------------------------------
    ---------------------------------

23. Offline

Musaddict

Been like that for a while. I originally notified them of this problem back on page 123;
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...-1-6-compatible-818.7173/page-123#post-343429
    The response was that it will be fixed in version 1.0.9 (or whatever the next actual release is, ergo not 1.0.8g)

24. Offline

Beans

oh... well... what is working? lol

25. Offline

Filo

@Beans, Wizards, Healers, Blacksmiths, normal NPCs and Guard (for me) are working.

26. Offline

Drei Gyuu

Thats better i guess, coz sometimes when its random and you have 5 lines of things for npc to say and sometimes it says the same thing for 3-5 times in a row.

27. Getting an error when using blacksmiths. It doesn't seem to affect usage tho. It repairs the items and charges for it just fine.

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_TARGET to Citizens java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Economy.EconomyHandler$Operation.getString(EconomyHandler.java:87)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Economy.ServerEconomyInterface.hasEnough(ServerEconomyInterface.java:94)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Economy.EconomyHandler.canBuy(EconomyHandler.java:139)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCTypes.Blacksmiths.BlacksmithNPC.buyItemRepair(BlacksmithNPC.java:121)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCTypes.Blacksmiths.BlacksmithNPC.onRightClick(BlacksmithNPC.java:172)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Listeners.EntityListen.onEntityTarget(EntityListen.java:111)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$52.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:605)
            at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.CraftNPC.a(CraftNPC.java:53)
            at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.c(EntityHuman.java:481)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:865)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet7UseEntity.a(SourceFile:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)

28. Offline

Riolu

I don't understang a little, but, as you thing, if I would install old version, lags will dissapears?

29. Offline

Riolu

I get this error, every time I want to create NPC! :(
    Code:
    13:26:55 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'npc'
     in plugin Citizens v1.0.8
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    78)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:682)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:645)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:639)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.
    <init>(Lnet/minecraft/server/WorldServer;)V
            at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.NPCSpawner.spawnBasicHuman
    Npc(NPCSpawner.java:37)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:66)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.register(NPCManager.java:100)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.create(
    BasicExecutor.java:424)
            at com.fullwall.Citizens.Commands.CommandExecutors.BasicExecutor.onComma
    nd(BasicExecutor.java:49)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    Why? How can I fix it?

30. Offline

strupan

I am using the latest version at the moment, but whenever I try to toggle a npc to whatever, it saids I have not set up an economy for my server? I disabled both econplugin and economy and turned both on and still same thing. My server does not use any economy plugins though.

31. Offline

Me4502

17:06:04 [WARNING] Task of 'Citizens' generated an exception
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.<init>(Lnet/minecraft/server/World;)V
    at com.fullwall.resources.redecouverte.NPClib.NPCSpawner.SpawnBasicHumanNpc(NPCSpawner.java:66)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.NPCManager.registerNPC(NPCManager.java:68)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.NPCs.BasicNPCHandler.spawnExistingNPC(BasicNPCHandler.java:43)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.setupNPCs(Citizens.java:297)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens.access$0(Citizens.java:262)
    at com.fullwall.Citizens.Citizens$1.run(Citizens.java:106)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:138)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:388)

I get this wierd error

im running latest rb of craftbukkit and latest citizens version