[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

Lolmewn

Any ETA on Quest NPC's? (or have they been added already, but that I completely missed that)

3. Offline

ledhead900

This has taken over NPCX now days so im wondering when will Npcs be able to path and attack.

4. Offline

aPunch

I need testers for 1.0.8d! Join us in IRC!

5. Offline

DaveDee

Okay, but i have noticed, that some mobs don't respawn near NPCs for a looong time. Even if there is no one on server. I removed npc from spawn, and lags were gone (after warp to another place and back)

6. Offline

Shalobee

whats in 1.0.8d? The thing I'm really excited about is the Questers... I can see the directory and the config files but currently they are all blank. Another thought would be tie those into the uQuest API.

7. Offline

aPunch

We will not be using the uQuest API. We are writing our own quest system from scratch. We don't want to have to rely on anymore plugins. Permissions and the 3 economy plugins is enough.

8. Offline

hofec

Hi guys .. can u please help me with a /toggle command ?

Developer of xAuth said:
    Code:
    To acknowledge the /toggle command conflicting with the Citizens plugin; I don't feel the need to change anything as it was working fine until the developer of Citizens changed his command syntax.
    so, xAuths /toggle collide with yours /toggle .. without this i can't set NPC type :'(

Thank you for any help. [fire]

9. Offline

aPunch

We added aliases in 1.08d. Please wait until that version is released, or go into your plugin.yml and add this line under toggle:

Code:
    aliases: [t, tog, togg]

10. Offline

Meiun

do you have iconomy 5 support yet? it doesnt appear to be working, by that i mean it throws an error.

just wondering if its on your side or mine.

11. Offline

Enzy

When do you think waypoints will be put in and if there being put in 1.0.8d that would be great

12. Offline

hofec

U maaan .. thank you so much ! Very quick and accurately given answer :D
    1 [diamond] 4you.

13. Offline

Mortana

iConomy 5 is supported. Your best shot at getting your problem solved is by showing the exception ;-)

14. Offline

Aeron

Will the traders support item IDs above the vanilla, meaning up to 255 Block IDs and custom Item IDs ?

15. Offline

loonex

Hello all,

I have suddenly a problem with my server. It shows the error page that the string is over the allowed size 17>16. So I search after the issue.

When I delete the Citized PlugIn I dont get this error and my server runs fine. When I placed the PlugIn the server shows the error again. The intresting think it that no error is seen on servercommander screen and that the plugin runs one day very fine. 4 player have create NPC Traders and learn him to trade with some items. That works fine. The problem comes out in a situation where nobody are trade with the NPC.

I hope you can give tips to solve the problem. The plugin is to great to delete it.

16. I got exactly the same problem, for me its when I try to use the /color command, as soon as I try it the server crashes with that string error and I can't get on anymore untill I empty the "basic npc / colours" file ... colors worked fine for me in an older build but not this one :(

17. Offline

DaveDee

They just have created too long names of npcs

18. Speaking of to long names, is it possible to have 16+ names ? I don't extremely long names but stuff like:

"General Trychon, High Priest" (I think about 30 chars would do for all my needs)

19. Offline

aPunch

Not possible. 16 is the maximum.

The color command was removed due to the 16 character limit. It hasn't been fully removed, so you'll get errors if you try to use it.

20. Offline

loonex

I tried it out and the server now runs fine. Great support! Thanks! :)

21. Why is that 16 limit imposed ? I mean colors worked before just fine ? So why add new limits ? :(

22. Offline

axlsjolund

Loving the plugin so far.

I did notice however a rather big bug when setting up traders in-game. When setting up a traders buy/sell list, I noticed that in the "Citizens.stocking" there were TONS of duplicate entries for NPC's. Not only did my file with only 2 NPC's jump to a 16MB file, but it also caused my server RAM on start to go from 128MB to about 360MB. Setting up the first NPC caused it to go 1.3GB of RAM just on a clean start with 1 player online. Not to mention the file itself was over 1,500 lines long for only 1 NPC.

The only work around I found was setting up the first item in-game, then using that formatting editing the "Citizens.stocking" file manually for each value on each item. Then save in proper formatting, and reload server. If the initial setup is done that way, then everything else works great.

A fix would be awesome though.

23. Offline

aPunch

Blame Notch. We have no control over what he decides to do to the Minecraft code.

24. Offline

awesom03

Recently installed this plugin, had a big problem. After creating some traders around my server, 6 altogether, 5 in one area of our map, those 5 all lost their memory of what they were supposed to be selling a day or two after we set them up. Bit frustrating, took a while to add all of their inventory. Anyway, wondering if this has happened before and whether theres anything I can do about this? Cheers

25. Offline

DaveChaos

After alot of messing arround i found that the "Citizens.stocking" had grown to 75MB! It was full of duplicate info for each npc trader, this would also explain the major lagg issues other people are having (as was I). To solve my problem i simply deleted the file and recreated one by hand with the correct number of values and all my lagg & odd numbred items had gone.
    I hope this info helps!
    @axlsjolund haha just seen your post, i found the exact same problem and came to the same soloution as you :p

26. Offline

axlsjolund

Glad to see I'm not the only person taking notice and finding a temporary solution. It really is a big problem for people who don't know where to look or what to do.

Hopefully there will be a fix in next release.

27. Offline

havejack

FOr the love of god do us all a favor and release it pzl for the quest

28. Offline

Jdragon

Well they are probably going to have to make this plugin database because of the storage issues and such, flat files just wont do :( its a shame tho because I don't want to rely on mysql or anything

29. Offline

QuestCraft

Citizens is saying I don't have an iConomy plugin, but I do! I reset players money for iconomy today, so I deleted the economy folder and them deleted the tables and reinstalled it. Database is working fine and there were no errors at start up. In using Iconomy 4.6 and citizens 1.8c
    P.S. Before I reset iconomy citizens was working just fine with iconomy.
    Don't tell me to go to the iconomy forum because they told me to come here.

30. Offline

riuthamus

What good would that do if its buggy.. and there are some bugs! :p

31. Offline

iceguru

I can't connect to my server after doing this-

/npc create Merlin_The_Great
    /npc color &2

Now it says some java error about string length being longer than allowed. How can I fix?