[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

aPunch

Not a bug, you're doing it wrong. I don't have time to explain, but maybe someone else could explain to you how traders work.

3. Offline

Draconicus

If it's any help, the severe lag I experience started BEFORE the new NPCs were introduced, in the update just before it. I think that was an update against CB 766, which is why I grabbed it to begin with. I backed up and reset my Citizens plugin for fear that it was a configuration bug, but even now with only three NPCs that lag is still here.

I just figured that it would help you to know that the problem started before you released the fancy new stuff. :)

4. Offline

Xemnas33

Yes this will be sorted eventually as you said, just a placeholder.

5. Offline

DaveChaos

None know anything about this?
    Another bug that i found is if someone is interacting with a trader the then disconects/crashes without closing the inventory tab, none can then use that trader untill a server restart or plugins reload

6. Offline

4sm0da1

my server still getting spammed with following message
    Code:
    2011-05-17 20:10:12 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLUGIN_ENABLE to Citizens
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/coelho/iConomy/iConomy
        at com.fullwall.Citizens.Listeners.PluginListen.onPluginEnable(PluginListen.java:28)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$37.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:452)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:289)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:677)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:249)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:131)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:109)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:218)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:205)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:145)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:260)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

7. Offline

aPunch

What version of Citizens and iConomy do you have?

8. Offline

flozza83

hi
    i need little help with citizen.
    I want my players can read what they say with right-click and book. Its ok but, the "select npc" can be used in the same thing, right clicking the NPC.But i dont want my players can select him.The problem is so they got the message "You dont have permission to do that".Can i disabled the right clicking npc selection?

9. Offline

trotski94

Seem to have a slight problem (though it may be a incompatability with another plugin) No errors or anything, but when i have civilians running on the server... it lags like hell, and crashes VERY often :/ is this a common problem with this plugin?

10. Offline

dual★moon

I'm sorry for my laziness. I should have read all 103 pages of this thread to be sure you had said you were aware. I apologize if I made you consider leaving the programming biz for good, and terribly sorry I singlehandedly caused fullwall to stop turning on their computer by asking for support in a support thread.

Psycho Robot, qrux and Pimpen104 like this.
  11. Offline

onumchuxo

Same problem, can anyone resolve this or should i paste the permissions? Would like to have NPC Traders but wouldnt like anyone creating npc's, only admins thanks!

12. Offline

LastShenanigan

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else. Is it possible to buy/sell at a trader I made? As in once I'm done setting up the trader I can toggle off stocking them and trade with them.

13. Offline

dual★moon

Yep, use /npc setowner foo. To continue editing the npc, /npc setowner Yourname (where Yourname is ofc your minecraft username, capitals and all)

14. Offline

Andriolf

Ah .. im an idiot. I was aware of the different ''Economy'' plugins, so thought the ''econplugin'' was for an add-on named ''econ''. Thanks for clearing that up though :cool:

15. Offline

Draconicus

Yes, I have this problem. Are you keeping them loaded in the spawn area?

16. Offline

Joe Burton

ok ive done this unfortunately it didnt work for me but thanks for your help anyway : )

17. Offline

trotski94

What do you mean?

18. Offline

Pencil

Hmm, a permission to bypass the npc limit would be nice :D I feel uncomfortable to allow my members to have 100 npcs :D

19. Offline

ElSeppo

Great mod, but a few things I couldn't figure out yet:
    1. How do I get the NPCs to chat more often? The say something to me once I pass them and then never talk a word to me again. Can I enable something like "talk on hit" so they talk to me when I hit them or something like that?

2. Why the hell doesn't my Blacksmith work? =( I did as described, but when I right-click him with a damaged piece of armor he does nothing. (use-economy and use-econplugin both true, traders work perfectly)

3. I set talkwhenclose=true to default, but when I reload the plugins ALL NPCs will talkwhenclose, even though I set some to false.

20. Offline

LastShenanigan

Ty dual moon

21. Offline

DELIGNY Loïc

I have the same bug, the "talkwhenclose" option is always on "False".
    Good idea ! To add a "talktohit" option in future !

Very good plugin. Thanks a lot !

22. Offline

Waswat

hold a book
    right click npc
    ???
    profit

You can set the starting text and then add text with
    /npc set [txt]
    and
    /npc add [txt]

If you find holding a book just to talk to an npc annoying, put
    select-item=*
    in your properties file instead of select-item=370,

23. Hi

2 issues.

1. /npc color &#
    this crashes my server, no matter what number I use instead of # the game immidiately crashes...

2. how can I make npc's that turn their head but NOT their body ? I do want head tracking but not have them turn itself as that messes up their positions ...

24. Offline

Thorn666

An issue on my server where the plugins seem to affect Mobs, while the plugin is active mobs spawn around the NPC's wherever they can, we then started testing without the plugin to see if it would stop them spawning, which it did. However once the plugin was disabled, no mobs would spawn naturally only from mob spawners or commands.

Secondly when the plugin was on it seemed to affect wolves, right click a wolf and it would disappear, disable citizens and then they would work normally, put it back they would disappear again. Any ideas as to why this would happen?

25. Offline

byteman

I Love this plugin :)

i only have one question :
    I stocked a trader with items (hes now full)
    when i started adding the /trader sell item:amount price
    at the end it started giving me errors , but when i reenter the same item it says:
    trader is already selling that at (amount:item¨s for price)
    but when i buy it it does not get deducted from my iconomy account as it does with the ones that diddnt give me the error.
    is there a limitation on the amount of items a seller can sell that is lower than the npcs inventory space?
    or is this just a bug i have cause ive done something wrong ?

including a screen-shot
    [​IMG]

26. Offline

Psycho Robot

I'm suspecting that since you own the shop... you're "buying" it from yourself, which may be why you're not being charged.

27. Offline

byteman

no i set the owner to a random name, but i found some errors on my server so i suspect i was just adding stuff to fast for my own server to handle or something.
    cause when i restarted the server the trader did not have any items under the /trader list sell .. so ill just try again more slowly this time :p [EDIT] yeah that did it works smooth now, And i have to remember to click it 2 times :p

screen from error logs i donno what it means but out of memory sounds like the problem so its my fault :D

[​IMG]

28. Offline

LastShenanigan

Mobs keep spawning inside the building a few of my npcs are in. I've tried everything from double layering the building to putting on a torch on every block. Every time I go over theres 10+ zombies inside attacking the npcs. There is even another building next to it with npcs inside that this doesnt happen to. Anymore help with this would be appreciated!

29. Oh another thing to add to my post above (#3083) is the question:

3. My npc's keep resetting everytime I start up the server ? (as in, it seems to save their position and name, but text and talk when close at least gets reset every single time I restart the server ????)

4. I have guides in my bigger cities explaining a lot of things to people (and where to find everything).. that amount to about 3 full word pages of text (aka a lot of text), now all my guides need to say exactly the same thing, is there anyway to link one's npc text to an existing npc ? for example all npc's called "Town Guide" should say the exact same thing, is this possible ?

30. Offline

Meteo

Btw, sometimes the npc doesnt show what its's selling, like it cuts off, but they still sell it. It doesnt show on /trader list sell 1.
    Can u modify it so that blacksmith's can repair tools, weapons as well? And price changeable for each differnt kind? I.E leather = 500, gold = 10000 etc.

31. Offline

byteman

/trader list sell 2 :p ?

well u never know :)