[FUN] Citizens v2.0.11 - Human NPCs for Bukkit [1.7.2]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Citizens, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Citizens

Citizens - Human NPCs for Bukkit
    Version: 2.0.11
    Authors: @fullwall and @aPunch
    Source: Citizens on GitHub

Citizens is now on BukkitDev

This thread will no longer be updated. We encourage you to use our page on BukkitDev. You can find information, links to our wiki and website, and the download page there.

Showing Your Support

We work hard to maintain Citizens. We've been working on Citizens2 around the clock on new and exciting features. A little motivation never hurts, so feel free to donate to us - fullwall and aPunch.

If you can't donate, we appreciate a "hello" every now and then. Stop by the IRC channel #citizens on irc.esper.net to discuss Citizens and give thanks!

2. Offline

fullwall

Test and find out :). Or you can use names that you already know.

3. Offline

Foliok

Nice work dude ! But, hmm, well when the server restart the citizens don't spawn on the map :mad:
    I've the latest version (1.06) and craftbukkit #517.

4. Offline

Sol

You won't until you try it...

@fullwall
    It seems 1.06 still has the "vanishing" bug, where NPCs will unload if you do a /reload or a hard restart.

When you said 1.06 was fixed, I now presume you meant there was some other problem? If not, it's still broken :(

Thanks for this though, great plugin so far :D

~Sol

5. oh man i gave a NPC a male name and the plugin generates a female skin... =(

6. Offline

fullwall

Well... the testers I used on IRC reported no problems on reloading.

7. i have the same (tried it 5 minutes ago.)

8. Offline

Sol

Yeah definitely a problem... sadly :( sadface

CraftBukkit b496

Citizens 1.06

They disappear on reload, and if you try to use a /move command on them it says "NPC does not exist" but you can see them in the Citizens.X files.

~Sol

9. Offline

iTz CHEEZ3

Could you possibly make it where there is a "Skins" folder, that pulls out the skin that has the same name as the NPC?

Raphnika likes this.
  10. Offline

fullwall

Are there are server errors?

11. Offline

Sol

@fullwall

No server errors here...

They disappear as soon as it starts to unload the plugins and halt the world renderer, then they don't come back, if any of that helps? :/

~Sol

12. Offline

fullwall

Redownload, was looking in the wrong area. Note: all configuration files should now be in Citizens/Basic NPCs/

13. Offline

Sol

OK thanks fullwall, testing now.

:D

~Sol

14. Offline

fullwall

Redownload one more time - fixed an error left over from a failed experiment.

15. Offline

Sol

Heheh was about to say, text no longer shows up, but will get the newest one again xD

~Sol
    [MERGETIME="1299597274"][/MERGETIME]
    OK text (speech text etc) still doesn't show up when you click on the NPC (or go near it) D:

Bugs. They taste good!

~Sol

16. Offline

jeddeliso

still the same disappearing act from the Citizens, fullwall, and this is just re-download when u just said just then

plus they wont talk now! D:

17. Offline

Sol

Weird, mine won't vanish on reload any more, but yes they are now MUTE :(

I haven't tried a cold restart, but a soft /reload works ok. Time to test a full reboot.

~Sol
    [MERGETIME="1299597461"][/MERGETIME]
    Full reboot works fine too... maybe you need to delete your old Citizens folder, since the fixed one has new structure.

~Sol
    [MERGETIME="1299597523"][/MERGETIME]
    WAIT....

The text started working mysteriously.

After the hard reboot (not just a /reload) the text kicked in!

Sorry for undue alarm!

~Sol

18. good idea

19. Offline

jeddeliso

yea, i did do that, deleted all past citizens, downloaded, runned! works fine! created npc, tried to talk to it, hes mute, /reload , disappeared, still ongoing on the complete shutdown of server then open again

20. Offline

Sol

What version of bukkit/craftbukkit are you using?

I'm running pre 500 (496) since apparently anything over 507 is broken or something...

~Sol

21. Offline

fullwall

OK. First, redownload. I have tested with multiple creation of npcs, multiple reloads, works fine. Try deleting your Citizens folder and replacing with the one from the Rar.

22. Offline

jeddeliso

Im running on CB build #493
    [MERGETIME="1299598072"][/MERGETIME]
    ok, im doind that now

23. Offline

Sol

Thanks for the quick fix mate :)

I'm sure jeddeliso is doing something simple, incorrectly. I do it all the time... I'd just delete the whole .jar file and directory and start again. In fact, that's what I did and t works great now :)

~Sol

24. Offline

jeddeliso

YEY! it survived a cold restart! but it still wont talk! =='

25. Offline

fullwall

Have you redownloaded the RAR and replaced your whole Citizens folder with the RAR contents?

26. Offline

jeddeliso

YES! it works great now! the first download really didn't work, the SECOND ONE DID! i just forgot to put the item selection to 0! TNX FOR THE HELP!

27. @fullwall would you make a custom skin support? i woud love you ^^

28. Offline

fullwall

I can't! It's not possible.

29. Offline

Phaedrus

30. ohh thats sad and why? sorry if annoy you but iam intrested in this ^^

31. Offline

Xylogeist