[FUN][CHAT] ServerBot V0.4 - It's like an IRC Bot for Minecraft! - [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by lego6245, Feb 5, 2011.

?

What should the Next Feature I work on be?

1. More parsing like {P}

12.3%
  2. A cool command

43.6%
  3. Different sorts of catches

12.9%
  4. "Friends" system

31.3%
  1. Offline

lego6245

ServerBot - You've got a friend in me: IRC Bot-like creation with catch/response system.

Version: v0.4 - "Why does the <init>() keep existing!" edition

About
    Styled after many an IRC bot, ServerBot is a customizable bot with a catch/response system that lets you program responses for key phrases or questions directed at your Bot. In the future, the bot will have functions like:
    • Dice rolling
    • Lotto
    • RSS feeds
    • Tweeting
    • Googling
    • Quick references
    • Time both Server and Local
    • Any any other suggestions
    For now, with v0.1, we have the catch system online. With v0.3 the friends system was activated.

Download
    Zip File with Config

Base Level Configuration
    In the config.yml file inside the ServerBot folder, there are five main options so far. They are pretty self explanatory (name is the bot's name, color is the [0-9a-f] letter designating the color), save for the last three: action, spoken, and other. Those are part of the Catch System, outlined below.

Catch System
    There are three types of catches. Action catches, Spoken catches, and Other catches. Action catches are used when the player uses the /me command. Spoken catches are used then the player sends a normal chat message. Other catches are other messages used elsewhere throughout the program. The format is thus:

Yay! A hug from {P}!: [hugs]
    I like waffles, {P}: [does, like waffles?]

The way this works is simple. The first bit is the actual response you want. Notice the {P}. This inserts the players name at that spot. The second bit after the colon, in bracket, is the before/after clause. The first part, before the comma, is what should come before the bot's name. The second part, after the comma, is what should come after the name. Avoid using commas in your actual catches, as it probably will break things. This is the format for Spoken/Action catches. Other catches are similar, except instead of having a before/after, you have just the ID of the other catch. A list of IDs are provided below, and they are self explanatory.
    • playerjoinop
    • playerjoinfriend
    • playerleaveop
    • playerleavefriend
    • playerkickfull
    • playerkickbanned
    • playerkickother
    Parsing
    In your responses, you can use certain parsers. These will input things that you might not want to remain constant, i.e. the players name or the current time. Here is a list of current Parses. Add them in like in the example above.
    • {P} - Player Name
    • {B} - Bot Name
    • {T} - Time (Real World)
    • {D} - Date (Real World)
    • {ST} - Time (Server)
    • {DT} - Descriptive Time (Real World)
    • {SDT} - Descriptive Time (Server)
    Change Log
    Version 0.4
    • Compatible with most recent recommended build.
    • Fixed a few lingering Friends system issues. Preparing full implementation.
    Version 0.3b1
    • Friends system in place. May be buggy.
    Version 0.2
    • More parsing for the bot
    Version 0.1
    • Release. Base catch system

2. Offline

SakuraWulf

yeah...I tried that...but i'm getting the same error a that a guy on the second page had...

3. Offline

niugnip

Dont use "Tab"s, use "Space" instead ;)

4. Offline

jor956

Please update this soon, it is not functioning.

5. Offline

jor956

Uhh, inactive?

6. Offline

jor956

Yes, this is definitely inactive.

7. Offline

woodzy

this needs to come ALIVE!! if no responce after june 20th ill ask a friend to update this :)

@ lego6245
    update sir?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  8. Offline

Danaan

Please update this.

9. Offline

rwmasters

I was wondering if you could make the serverbot private message the requester. I primarily added this to get real time, but the players on my server are picky and fear "the bot could be used for spamming." I'm not sure if its possible or not, but if it can be done, that would be awesome.

10. Offline

MakuraYami

tjb0607 likes this.
  11. Offline

fatmarley

I'm curious to know the distinction between these three?

• playerkickfull
    • playerkickbanned
    • playerkickother
    I have kicked loads of people to try and find one that works, but have had no luck...( they knew I was going to kick them, lol)

12. Offline

SmilingDevil

*sigh* I might update this plugin again. MAYBE. Don't hope on it though.

--EDIT--

I can't even read this... -_-

I can recreate it, however I don't know about your configurations. I will copy as much code as possible.

fatmarley and niugnip like this.
  13. Offline

Pythros

Getting the below on 953... Yes know the plugin is a bit old... posting any info I can in case it comes back ^_^

Code:
    15:49:55 [INFO] ServerBot V0.4 enabled. By Enigma-SM.
    15:49:55 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling ServerBot v0.4 (Is it up to date
    ?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.enigmasm.serverbot.Bot.setColor(Bot.java:36)
            at com.enigmasm.serverbot.ServerBot.loadBotInformation(ServerBot.java:45
    )
            at com.enigmasm.serverbot.ServerBot.onEnable(ServerBot.java:35)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:857)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:358)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleComma
    ndMap.java:281)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    90)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    15:49:55 [INFO] [bcGuestUnlock] Permissions-Plugin detected

14. Offline

Styx Reborn

I'll get in contact with the developer and ask if I can update this. I think it's a waste to let it go.

15. Offline

H_J_446

i really like this plugin but i was just wondering if there was any way to talk to the bot like just putting !i before the "command" instead of [command] [bot name] or have the bot name come first then the command as i want to make this bot give item IDs out for example typing "!i stone" would result in the bot saying Stone="1" and is there some simple code that does this?

16. Offline

james wray

So... Is it a bot in minecraft like a fake person thet you can see and will say what u want it to when u get near or what?

17. Offline

Monstertke

Yep. </s>

18. Offline

lego6245

Oh god...
    I'm going to get back to work on this right away!
    T_T

Sorken and niugnip like this.
  19. Offline

Danaan

thank you!

20. Offline

flozza83

Look like cool plugin, but doesnt work on my server. Plugin successfully loaded, vanilla files and configs, but no bot on the server. Tried to say "no u" and nobody answer me... :'(

21. Offline

gamerluke

Is this still being made or have you scrapped it now?
    It's a really nice plugin and a shame it isn't working any more now.

Can you tell the bot to do commands?

Example:
    Someone types "time day" into console and the bot would say:
    "Setting time to day" while doing the /time day command?

I imagine this could be put into config for the "Setting time to day" bits... but does it work with telling it to do commands?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  22. would the bot be able to perform commands in the future? for example, we use CommandBook, and if someone slaps the bot or similar, we want it to slap back, but harder :p

*EDIT*
    Question already asked above >.< same thing but different examples.

23. Offline

flozza83

24. Offline

gamerluke

Some parts were working, others not so much..

25. Offline

Vezorock

whenever I try to edit the config file, It says error loading serverbot. Can you help me with the config file?

26. Offline

RejectedShotgun

This should really be updated

27. Offline

tha d0ctor

please update or post source

28. Offline

lego6245

I'll update once 1.9 comes out. Sorry for the silence!

29. Offline

gamerluke

Do you mind if I put out a plugin with my own take on this?
    I've already made most of the plugin already since I thought this wouldn't be fixed :p

30. Offline

Goldkoron

What changes are coming when you update it in 1.9? :)

31. is the bot able to op-deop players? i have a quiz on my server and i wanted something to automatically rank players as they complete the quiz. is this possible?
    great plugin though :D