Inactive [FUN] bSwarm v0.5.3 - Survive an onslaught of monsters [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Brad811, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Brad811

• adfly is not allowed
    bSwarm (v0.5.3)
    Download: bSwarm.zip

Features:
    • spawn mobs in a circle around you
    • control which monster, how many, and at what rate!
    • configurable via "bSwarm.properties" defaults file
    • ability to cancel your swarms
    • Permissions support
    • ability to swarm another player
    • multi-world support
    I've always wanted a plugin that let's me play minecraft left4dead style.
    Mwahahaha...

Try it out!

Usage:
    Run the server with the plugin installed. A file named "bSwarm.properties" will be generated. You can edit this file for the defaults you would like when not specifying some options in your commands.

Commands:
    /bswarm
    /bswarm [monster]
    /bswarm [monster] [number]
    /bswarm [monster] [number] [delay]
    /bswarm cancel

/bswarm [player]
    /bswarm [player] [monster]
    /bswarm [player] [monster] [number]
    /bswarm [player] [monster] [number] [delay]

/bnuke - destroy all "bad" mobs in your current world

player = name of player to swarm monsters around
    monster = type of monster to spawn
    number = number of monsters to spawn
    delay = time delay between each spawn, in ticks (20 ticks = 1 second)

If any of these are not specified in the command, their value will be inferred from "bSwarm.properties".

Permissions: (ignore if you don't have permissions installed)
    • bswarm.bswarm - player is allowed to swarm with the default settings
    • bswarm.bswarm.[monster] - player is allowed to swarm with mob type [monster]
    • bswarm.bswarm.num - player is allowed to specify the number of monsters (requires bswarm.bswarm and bswarm.bswarm.[monster] permissions)
    • bswarm.bswarm.delay - player is allowed to define delay between each spawn (requires all three previous permissions)
    (Permissions may get cleaned up in the future)

May add more functionality in the future if there is interest!

Version History:
    • Added ability to make named swarms
    • Added swarms that launch every time interval
    • Added ability to swarm a player
    • Swarming monsters no longer target the player issuing the command by default. This may be re-added with an "attack" command
    • Improved error messages and general plugin feedback
    • Added Permissions support
    • Added cancel command (/bswarm cancel will stop all swarms started by you)
    • Initial release!
    Help me out / keep me making plugins! [​IMG]

Xaostica and Noppoly like this.
  2. Offline

casserXD

i cant get it to work on my server :( i have done all the permissions and that stuff can someone please help me :)

3. Offline

Maskur

Somehow I can only send swarms to myselfe and not to other players, andy ideas what may cause that?

4. Offline

Hawkheart

Heres an error I was having on the test plugin, if you're interested.

Code:
    19:08:55 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarm.spawn(bSwarm.java:183)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarmTask.spawnMob(bSwarmTask.java:174)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarmTask.autoSwarm(bSwarmTask.java:138)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarmTask.run(bSwarmTask.java:54)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:122)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:345)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    19:08:55 [INFO] Spawnmob error!
    19:08:55 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarm.spawn(bSwarm.java:183)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarmTask.spawnMob(bSwarmTask.java:174)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarmTask.autoSwarm(bSwarmTask.java:138)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarmTask.run(bSwarmTask.java:54)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:122)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:345)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    19:08:55 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    19:08:56 [INFO] RUNNING SWARM NAMED: FiveMinute

5. Offline

Taurondir

Not being critical of your plugin, I think its a great idea, Im being critical of MineCraft mechanics as they are, as they break the gameplay quite a bit.

Its quite easy to carry say, 10 blocks and 4 doors, and that gives you an instant 4 door 1x1 house you can build in 20 seconds, hide inside and hit all mobs from inside in all directions (but up I guess), and no matter howmany swarm you, even if all your swords break, you can tunnel down one 3 squares and run off underground.

Way I see it:

* some mobs would have to have a cheating line of site through blocks or based on a shorter detection through walls (say, have to be half the current explosion start distance for creepers, so have to be on the other side of the walls).
    * Other mobs need to be able to cause structural damage or at least get told that doors are "players" (again, players would just put doors everywhere to confuse them)
    * Spawning system changed so they can can spawn in "popular spots", maybe sample players locations at random then make those spots more likely for spawns, random means players cant really "seed" on purpose.
    * Use current mobs with more advanced spawning mechanics so that skeletons and zombies have more logical reasons to spawn on the "inside" of the defences, specially spiders. they should be everywhere, blobs for example dont need excuses; you have water, it can get polluted - slimes. The others may need some work :)

Im just saying that it should be a constant struggle, like L4D2, right now, its like the players can hide in the saferoom every 10 minutes.

6. Offline

Profanwolf

[​IMG]
    Update your plugin.

7. Offline

Ddreder

please update your plugin!
    i miss having my zombie apocalypse nights :(

8. Offline

Brad811

Ok guys there's the very buggy new version! Named swarms and automatic interval swarms!

::edit::

Actually I'm not sure it's working properly, I'll try to fix it later this evening... (The interval swarms maybe working though!)

9. Offline

Ddreder

we just tested it with no avail.. sooo

please good sir i beg of you!
    i need zombie apocalypses.. :(

10. Offline

Jdog653

Hey all,

/bswarm just wont work
    everytime i do /bswarm jdog653 zombie 20 it will say "sending your swarm..." and then nothing will happen
    I'm using permissions and i have all permissions, and mobs are enabled in server.properties. I've reverted to just dcoing /mobspawn from essentials but i liek the idea of swarming people randomly.
    Please help

11. Offline

LosT

Hey Brad. I love your plugin but sadly it does not seem to work for me.
    I have permissions set up correctly I'd say, but I am encountering the same error as Jdog. Its telling me that a swarm is sent, but nothing seems to happen.
    Is there something wrong on our side or is this the plugin?
    I'm using CB441, permissions whatsoever working fine.

Jdog653 likes this.
  12. Offline

Brad811

There ya go, try that one out, I hope it's fixed for y'all as well!

13. Offline

greycap

Hey
    This looks really cool but i can't find the source code anywhere. Could you put it on github or something like that?

14. Offline

Nytemare3701

Bug: Swarming a player requires THEM to have swarm permissions.

15. Offline

tenach

I just ran into this issue last night. I issued a swarm against a player, and the player received (paraphrased) "Error, you must have permissions to use this command" .

16. Offline

darkwarriors

cool if u can add an automatic swarm like, when a player run on a precise blocs he was been autmatic swarmed and swarm will end when he die or after 30 or 60 sec, very cool so admin can build a l4d2 map :D

17. Offline

ankler

Having some issues with GroupManager permissions. Says I don't have access even with * permissions.

20:00:11 [SEVERE] GroupManager - SEVERE - A plugin is asking permission 'bswarm.bswarm.spider' for a
    null player... Which plugin does that? Bastards!

18. Offline

Gea

Is it even possible to change creeper's blast so they are either on a fuse or have a longer reach? With that and maybe better sight for the mobs you could easily design maps around this plugin and make a true survival mod out of it.

Just curious.

19. Offline

MethosH

Is it possible for you to implement a "radius" option on the command line? Instead of just on the automatic file.

20. Offline

wag7

The download is broken.

Gilden00 likes this.
  21. Offline

1specyou

i would love to use this plugin- please fix the download link

wag7 and Gilden00 like this.
  22. Offline

SuicideHotline

link broke, as the other 2 said. id like to get this on my server as well. also is the permissions fixed so you can spawn on players? as it was reported before.

wag7 likes this.
  23. Offline

Brad811

Haha yeah at this point it's gonna take donations for me to keep spending time developing, updating, and hosting this plugin. It takes a decent amount of time and effort.

24. Offline

SuicideHotline

does that mean you will fix and host it? how hard is it to host? its a fairly small file and i am willing to host it if thats a problem.

25. Offline

Gilden00

There are plenty of free file hosting websites switch to one of those

wag7 likes this.
  26. Offline

wag7

I recommend to try EC2. An IT business I know uses it

27. Offline

Brad811

Hey guys, try out the link, it should be back up.

28. Offline

koneko

Greetings!

Was waiting for some updates on your plugin and decided to try it again for fun, but it seems to be very buggy still. It's not properly updating the changes made to the swarms and it's having an error everytime the server is loaded (see below). Further, though I do not have any mobs restricted at this time, giants are not working and spam non-stop errors to the console. x.x

Any ideas? Thanks!

Code:
    16:08:57 [SEVERE] null loading bSwarm v0.5.1 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarm.parseConfig(bSwarm.java:
    135)
            at com.bradsproject.BradleyJewell.bSwarm.bSwarm.onEnable(bSwarm.java:59)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:451)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:217)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:92)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:70)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:260)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleComma
    ndMap.java:196)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    21)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:380)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:366)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

29. Offline

shaggy2010

hope this gets fixed for CB#617

30. Offline

Brad811

31. Offline

Brad811

Updated for 740, may still have bugs, but try it out and lemme know how it works for you!