[FUN/BCONTRIB] I can haz pokemanz? - play pokemon YELLOW from within minecraft [1000]

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by codename_B, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

codename_B

Here's the project idea - a java emulator hooked with a png fps output (GB and GBC are 144x160 pixels so that will scale just fine onto a minecraft map) - bukkitcontrib streams the in-game music as well as allowing for extra "hooked" keys to control your character in the game.

What I need:
    • Someone with emulator experience
    What will probably happen:
    • I'll end up writing this plugin on my own - oh well

2. Offline

Jadedwolf

This sounds like fun. :D

3. Offline

loganwm

Word of advice: Java is very, very bad for writing emulators. It lacks almost all of the low-level benefits of other languages, and the speeds are atrocious. You'd probably be better off writing a youtube player widget for the new BukkitContrib HUD.

4. Offline

codename_B

It's ok - I only need a speed of 1fps from the emulator XD

5. Offline

K900

I found JavaGB, it's quite good actually. What's even better, it has some really good abstaction, so (I hope) it's possible to make it render directly to the map.

@codename_B
    I've got it to render to the Map, now I need a bit of help here. How do you get the index for the map the player is holding?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.