Inactive [FUN/ADMIN/MECH] - Thor ver 2 - Smite others with just a click! [1.4.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by RjSowden, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Offline

RjSowden

This plugin is different to the other plugins you have seen before. Other plugins need you to type a command every time you want to cause one teeny bolt of lightning. In that time, your target has moved and instead of exploding that pesky greifer or annoying creeper, its moved and you end up hitting a tree or being blown to pieces by a moving piece of kamikaze shrubbery. But not anymore.

(say in a majestic voice with a few lightning bolts in the background)
    Is here to help. You only need to type ONE command, and the power of gods is at your fingertip. In one click you can either Explode, Set on fire or Send lightning to anywhere you click!
    But thats not all!
    Thats right. You can also spawn creepers, wolves, throw fireballs and teleport to wherever you click. Still not convinced? I'd upload a video, but its so awesome, SOPA banned it. You really have to try it for yourself.
    Not convinced? Visit our bukkit dev page: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/sss-thor/
    HOW CAN I USE SUCH A WONDROUS GIFT?
    1. Download it from bukkit dev! Click on this link >>> http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/sss-thor/files/2-thor-ver-1-5/ to be taken to the download page.
    2. Copy the Jar into you Plugins folder.
    3. Go on your server
    4. Type in any one of the following commands:
    • /thor explode - causes an explosion where you click
    • /thor lightning - casts a lightning bolt where you click
    • /thor [mob] - spawns the mob who's name you type here.
    • /thor fireball - throw a fireball to where you click
    • /thor teleport - teleport to where you click
    • /thor fire - sets on fire the block you aim at
    • /thor delete - deletes the block you aim at
    Your done! When you want to set something on fire, explode something, spawn an angry wolf ect... just right click the mouse (you can change this to a left click in the config if you want) with the wand in your hand. The wand (by default) is a stone axe, but it can be changed in the config file to wherever you want. Forgot what it was? Type in /thor give and we'll give you one, absolutely free! Don't want to use your power any more? type in /thor stop and you stone axe/gold bar/stick is a mere stone axe/gold bar/stick again.

WHAT ELSE CAN BE EXPECTED IN THE FUTURE?

• Anything! If its crazy enough, i'll add it. Comment with your suggestions!
    • Permissions. Some people like to keep their powers to themselves. If enough people like this plugin, I'll add support for permissions. Done
    • Dragon Spawning. Who doesn't like dragons? Done
    AND WHAT HAS THERE BEEN BEFORE IT?

• ====== Ver 2 ======
    • Remembered that the plugin existed. Again. And updated to 1.4.2
    • Added filberts "epic additions", which include permission, improved command handling, added moar commands, command bug fixing and improving the config file. Also adding durability impact, 'magic' Thor hammer effect.
    • ====== Ver 1.5 ======
      • Remembered that the plugin existed, and updated to 1.2.3-R0.2
      • Added Fire command
      • Added config file
      • Added wolves command
    • ====== Ver 1.0 ======
      • Initial release on BukkitDev

Notes:
    I'd also like to mention that, I didn't realize this, there is another plugin, somewhat like this, to which I owe a certain amount of credit to for the name. Its a played down version of my Punishmental plugin, http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/punishmental/, with an awesome name that is exactly the same. If you like the sound of that, check out these guys: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/thor/.
    Trolls wishing to point out that Thor was a NORSE god, not a Greek one. I know.​

Is this good for release? I can't remember if I have missed anything out.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. Offline

md_5

Approved, don't bump

3. Offline

Yokisbr

really cool, you should add permissions, and im having problems with config always reseting

4. Offline

Spyro713

You should really really really really really really really really really really really add those permissions, it would really help!!!!!!!!

5. Offline

filbert66

As a developer, this is great for testing lightning effects. It's too rare otherwise.

I can't seem to get Thor lightning to set fire to anything. Have you disabled fire for your lightning?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  6. Offline

diamondhead1994

Failed to handle packet: java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.a(ItemStack.java:263)
    at net.minecraft.server.PlayerInventory.i(PlayerInventory.java:169)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.e(EntityHuman.java:310)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.F_(EntityLiving.java:447)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.F_(EntityHuman.java:159)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:228)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:341)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.handle(SourceFile:126)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:551)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:449)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

7. Offline

joehot2000

quoted this so it shows up in your allerts.
    this looks FUN,and i will get it, but i need to go to bed right now.
    i think it would be fun to be able to spawn a load of about-to-explode TNT next to a player.
    kaboom!!!
    player dead.
    great way to kill greifers, and a good fun thing.
    maybe it could THROW lighted TNT? it falls down to player, and explodes? (like snowball does, but snowball dosent explode)
    either of those would be crazily- fun.
    does it work for 1.2.5?

ok gotta go.

8. Offline

password110

this doesn't work!

9. Offline

RjSowden

Not any more. I'd kinda forgotten about it

10. Offline

password110

please fix it i want it!!!

11. Offline

RjSowden

Ummmmm... Okay, sure. I'm having a bit of trouble with my programming environment now (it won't let me change anything) So it may be a while (a week or something, depending on when I can get eclipse fixed :/)

12. Offline

BobbyJ

Add permissions please this is one of the best plugins I've had!

13. Offline

morshu9001

I have a bug report: Typing /thor (argument) in the console gives you the "Right click to _____" message. Is that going to put the plugin into some kind of resource-wasting loop?

By the way, it would be cool if you could do /thor (power) (player) to strike a player and have that also be accessible from the console.

14. Offline

filbert66

No. Just a bug in the code. Didn't check that command user was a Player.
    Makes more sense to list players who have set Thor powers. I'm trying that in my own indev version. But for a command-based "hurt players" plugin, try Punishmental also from @RjSowden . That one he's kept up to date. It has all of Thor's powers and more.

15. Offline

filbert66

Hey, RjSowden has released by indev features and more on dev.bukkit.org as version 1.75! Go to find out all the new features. Now includes Permissions, and updated to 1.4.2.