Friends unable to connect to my Bukkit server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TehTotalPwnage, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TehTotalPwnage

Ok, so I have a Bukkit server on my computer. I have static IP set up and port forward set up. The strange thing is that, a week ago, my friend was easily able to connect, and one day later, it no longer works! I have not undergone any internal or external IP changes, what's going on?

2. Offline

BurritoBashr

Check your router make sure its routing 25565 to the correct internal IP.

3. Offline

Europia79

Did you run the ipconfig command to get your ip ?
    Verify that the ipconfig result matches your port forwarding tables on your router.

4. Offline

BurritoBashr

I said that, you don't have to repeat everything everyone says...

5. Offline

smsunarto

Make sure your firewall is off or firewall is not blocking 25565 port. Many makes mistake here

6. Offline

TehTotalPwnage

7. Offline

TehTotalPwnage

8. Offline

thelectronicnub

Have your server run, and then go to a website like canyouseeme.org. Type in your port and see if it is going through. If it isn't, it's your ISP that is blocking it.

9. You ip could change

10. Offline

bobcubz

Your internet provider dosent support that port (25565) You might not be able to get a server sorry, P.S i had the same problem with my server if you really want one get a hosted one! i am going to use beastnode! send feedback please[pig]

11. Try using No-ip I will keep up you IP

12. Offline

TehTotalPwnage

It's not my ISP, I've been running my personal server for 2 years with the ISP with no problems. For some reason it stopped working. I checked my ports, and it seems TCP doesn't work, yet UDP does.

Never mind, for some reason, now BOTH TCP and UDP works. This is strange.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  13. Offline

bobcubz

Do you have the port 25565 posted in your server.properties?

14. Offline

TehTotalPwnage

Yes, 25565 is in the server.properties. I figured out what was causing TCP ports to not work but UDP ports to be the only one working. My computer's been overheating lately (I need to buy a laptop cooler) and after I start up the computer, the port forward messes up. Now my question is, how do I fix THAT? I haven't messed with anything, and according to my port checker, "Your TCP port is not ported correctly or the device it is ported to isn't responding." I had friends on, my PC crashed, and then it broke again :/

15. Offline

TehTotalPwnage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.