Solved Friends cannot connect to my server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Aced God, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Aced God

Hello,
    I am very new to Bukkit (Two days old) and I am trying to start my own server for a small amount of players. When others attempt to connect to my server, they say they get a "Server not Found" error. Is there something wrong with my port forwarding? I have already tried to port forward by using portforward.com, however, my model is not on there. This is as far as I have got. (I can connect to my own server)
    MinecraftServer.png
    I really need help with this.

~Thanks in advance

2. Offline

JWhy

Firewall adjusted? This looks good though

3. Offline

Aced God

What am I supposed to add to the firewall? I have tried adding the craftbukkit.jar, but when I click browse, nothing shows up except for the folders like plugins,world, etc.

It only shows applications and folders.

What I have done
    1.Downloaded craftbukkit-1.2.5-R1.0.jar.
    2.Created a RUN.bat containing the following text:
    @Echo OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.2.5-R1.0.jar
    PAUSE

3.Created a folder named "Server" and put it on the Desktop.
    4.Put the craftbukkit-1.2.5-R.10.jar and RUN.bat into the "Server" folder.
    5.Launched the RUN.bat.
    6.Waited for the CMD to finish starting the server.
    8.Port forwarded like above
    7.Tested it (Could only log on from localhost or 192.168.1.1 and not 67.188.175.235)
    8.Asked friends if they could log on and they said that they could not.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  4. Offline

samfisher129

Ok I had this problem to I decided to turn on dmz hosting for my server but I also had external ip issues with it changing on me so I went to no ip (just search on google) and set that up to works great for me.

5. Offline

Aced God

I really need help, my router's model number is NBG-416N by ZyXel

I have windows firewall and no idea how to use it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

jobbers12

You might need to create an exception in your firewall for the port. If you are not using any third party firewall software to do this go to;
    Windows Firewall with advance settings > Inbound rules > New rule > Select port > TCP and 25565 (or what ever port you are using for the server) > Allow the connection > Leave all selected > Give it a name.
    You might also need to do this for TCP but i'm not 100& sure on that.
    Also I know that the above is the way that you do it on Windows 7 but im not sure weather it is the same for other versions of windows and I also do not know weather you are using Mac, Widows or linux.

Hope I helped.

7. Offline

Aced God

I can only connect to my 192.168.*.** IP but not my external IP (67.188.175.235)

I really hope that somebody could help me on this.

8. Offline

ajallan246

I'm having the same problem. I've set up everything as Aced God has, including port forwarding. I also made an exception in my firewall for my port. The only way I'm able to access the server is if I run it as "localhost"

9. Offline

Aced God

I have also made an exception for port 25565 for both UDP and TCP (or whatever it was)

Here is my server.properties
    Code:
    #Minecraft server properties
    #Fri Apr 06 10:38:53 PDT 2012
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=world
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=false
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=
    max-build-height=256
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    online-mode=true
    pvp=true
    difficulty=1
    gamemode=0
    max-players=10
    spawn-monsters=true
    generate-structures=true
    view-distance=10
    motd=New Server!

10. Offline

Jade

I can help you guys VIA Teamviewer, if you would like. PM me if you are interested? :)
    Aced God ajallan246

11. Offline

ajallan246

I personally don't think it's anything with the server file. It has to be something with the connection between the external ip and the server.

12. Offline

Aced God

I finally realized something. Sorry guys, I am a complete idiot. I didn't know that I could not connect to my own external IP, hope this helps you ajallan.

13. Offline

ajallan246

wait what do you mean?

14. Offline

Aced God

You can not connect to the IP that is show on whatismyip.com, only players outside of your home/network may do so. So you can only connect to localhost/192.168....... and others may only connect to your whatismyip.com IP (67.453.432.....

15. Offline

Trust518

Just disable the firewall and try again.

16. Offline

ajallan246

I know that! (I have to computers I'm testing with) But I just figured it out. Make sure you port forward with the internal ip of YOUR computer. Then run a host through No-ip. Log onto mine and try it out: Server: ajallan246.no-ip.org

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.