frequency of "warn-on-overload"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Hulkie, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hulkie

"warn-on-overload" is a setting in bukkit.yml which causes a log entry whenever a server can't calculate every tick per second.

I host a server with a number of mods (redpower seems heavy in particular) so this is pretty common, causing this message every 2-3 seconds.

I would like to reduce the frequency of these warning, says once per minute, so the log doesnt get as much spam. Is there any way to do this?

2. Offline

Toxic__Waste

in the same file bukkit there is a setting to stop the over load

settings:
    allow-end: true
    warn-on-overload: false
    spawn-radius: 0
    permissions-file: permissions.yml
    update-folder: update
    ping-packet-limit: 100
    use-exact-login-location: false
    plugin-profiling: false
    connection-throttle: 4000

set the warn on overload to false like this in the bukkit yml file

3. Offline

Hulkie

Yes but then I don't get any warning at all.

I like the warnings, they're just too frequent.

4. Offline

Toxic__Waste

this only stops the warn on overload i still get all the other errors lool

stops this error

Can't keep up! Did the system time change or is the server overloaded?

5. Offline

Hulkie

What I mean is that I would like to be informed when my server is overloaded, it's just not necessary to inform me 1000 times per hour.

It's like putting a speed limit sign next to a road every 10 meters. It would just be annoying :p.

6. Offline

Toxic__Waste

unless your running a slow home comp with a crappy internet that warning is 99% bogus and then if your running a crappy home comp you can use your task manager to keep an eye on your server and you can use some other plugins to keep an eye on your server

what kind of server are you running

i use this you can use it right in the cmd console

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/lagmeter/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  7. Offline

Hulkie

Details can be found at http://nukepowered.net

As you can see in the link, my comp isnt slow. This warning is definately not bogus, I've measured a 50% ticks/second decrease on the busiest moments (12 players or so). Luckely it does not effect the experience of the players. I guess this is because the players get their data from different threads than the one which handles ticks.

8. Offline

Toxic__Waste

i have 16 on now running a home server no lag full ticks got to be somethig wrong with your setup

9. Offline

odielag

I'd prefer to respond to the real problem. I've had servers with 30+ people on at a time and unless you know something strange is happening... I expect it to be 20 ticks per second.

One thing to consider with performance is the ability to write/read to the world files and database if you use anti-grief logging. The best thing to be able to do that actually is to have spare ram that the operating system uses to cache writes/reads. next best thing is an Solid State Drive. Just my 2 cents. Without more info, I'm just shooting in the dark.

10. Offline

Hulkie

As for the people curious about the underlying cause, i can show one of our factories. I think this one generates and processes about 100 cobble per second and generates 1 UU-matter per 2 seconds.

It uses:
    - 160 block breakers
    - 60 recyclers
    - 100 petrochemical generators

[​IMG]

Hankscorpiouk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.