Freezer/Refrigerator|Lights/Glowing Blocks

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by matthayez011, May 11, 2011.

1. Offline

matthayez011

Pretty basic plugin, you set a chest on top of an iron block an then change the chest to look like an iron block, this way it would look like a freezer or fridge.

Another idea would be to do this but make them cabinets, discussing a chest for a wood block or counter

I'm not sure if this idea would work somebody please let me know if it would, but could you give glass or stone the properties to give off light like a glowstone or torch?

Can someone let me know if the glowing blocks are possible

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  2. Offline

Facinus

I'm 99% sure the glowing blocks are not possible, as lighting is done client side.

The first idea is doable though

3. Offline

matthayez011

will you be able to do it?

bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

4. Offline

matthayez011

5. Offline

marinating

I'm not sure what you want. When you put a chest on top of a block of iron, you want the chest to look like iron but work like a regular chest?

6. Offline

valdark

You could use Cabinet to remove the stacking chest permissions and then edit the texture of your chest to have the back side look like a fridge door. This would allow you to place either normal looking chests or those that look like fridges.

7. Offline

narrowtux

What if you just used a texture pack to make your chests look like a fridge?

8. Offline

matthayez011

Yeah I want it to look like iron block but be a chest

9. Offline

matthayez011

Bump

BumP and can anyone do this it seems if it's not to much?

10. Offline

Jayjay110

hmm ill look into it now

11. Offline

matthayez011

Do iu think you could do it?

would you be able to do it?

12. Offline

Jayjay110

I believe so. I think can make it so u place a chest behind the ironblock and acces it by clicking the ironblock, but I highly doubt I can make the ironblock have its own inventory, another way I could do it is by clicking the ironblock and transforming it into a chest with say a compass, and when you click it again with a compass it changes back?

13. Offline

matthayez011

mkae it so when a chest is behind it and its right clicked it opens i dont want it to change the look.

if you could thatd would be legit

14. Offline

Jayjay110

Ill try to do it by tomorrow, probably wont be, but if I cant figure out how to access the chest behind, I wont release it :)

15. Offline

matthayez011

16. Offline

Jayjay110

I did it, plugin link is in my sig, please goto the thread and post some more ideas on what the freezer should do :)

17. Offline

matthayez011

make it make it turn things into snow and ice