Freeze and Unfreeze

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by bdf_1992, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Offline

bdf_1992

One command stops a player from moving but will let him look around.

The next unfreezes the player.

/Freeze <message>
    /Unfreeze <message>

There are not any updated ones that I can see.

Permissions
    Freeze.Admin
    Lets you freeze and unfreeze players.

2. Offline

Jdog653

Off the top of my head, I can freeze a specified player, but they won't be able to look around. Give me a few days to do some research and i'll get back to you if I find anything of value

3. Offline

Rprrr

4. Offline

sverre26

essentials not have freeze

5. Offline

bdf_1992

I'm glad all of those are up to date because then I could use them.

Look at the damn date, if they were current i would use them.

It's not THAT important that they can look around but it would be nice.

6. Offline

drtshock

bdf_1992 both were updated in December. I'm know the PlayerMoveEvent hasn't had changes that would affect those plugins since then so they should work just fine.

7. Offline

devilquak

Having an attitude when you're the one who's wrong just doesn't work out here, try being polite and not snappy when someone presents you with a correct answer.

Both of those plugins are up to date and working. There was no need to update them to 1.4.7.

drtshock likes this.
  8. Offline

bdf_1992

I was not wrong they are not updated to 1.4.7 regardless if they work. I don't know what plugins would stay current through-out bukkit updates and I stated I already know of some just none are current. If he instead would have said what drtshock said I wouldn't have been annoyed that he just came in here and posted what I already knew. I would have thanked him then used the plugin.

I'll go ahead and try using them too see if they work, thanks for the info.

However If anyone would like to try and tackle one where the player can still look around it would be appreciated .

9. Offline

drtshock

bdf_1992 If neither of them work, just pm me or tag me here and I'll see if I can make something that works. Shouldn't be difficult. But I am pretty confident that one of those two will work fine. I have plugins that haven't been updated since 1.4.2 and they will work fine. It's just plugins that had NMS calls that broke with the updates and will continue to break, a freeze plugin wouldn't need NMS at all.

10. Offline

devilquak

That's no excuse for not even trying them out first to see if they're actually working or not and instead assuming that they're broken because they aren't perfectly new. Even after someone linked you to some working ones, you still assumed they were broken without even trying them out. If you had even just read the comments in either of those plugins, you'd even see people talking about them as recently as even a few days ago. They obviously work.

Please just try to not jump to conclusions that easily.

11. Offline

bdf_1992

The last comments were months ago when I had looked at them, remember, i said i has seen some freeze plugins, those were them. I've already seen them before he posted the links.

It's not like i came in here with-out looking to see if one that fits my needs existed.

In my experience out of date plugins don't work, I'm not in the habit of trying them because of my past experiences with them.

Thanks you for your opinion on my personality.