Free-for-all Capture Points

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Hedgehogs4Me, May 22, 2013.

1. Offline

Hedgehogs4Me

Plugin category: Fun/Mechanics

Suggested name: CapturePoints

What I want: I have a server with a PVP area, and I want to reward people for their efforts without there being any "if you let me kill you, you can kill me" cheating. Here's the answer I ended up coming up with:
    - There's a designated block in the middle of the region that functions as a capture point. You choose what it is, it could even be a sign with "[CAPTURE]" on it if you want.
    Admins have to be able to designate which block it is from in-game.
    - When it's left or right clicked, the server waits for 5 seconds (could even be a configurable time, you choose), then gives a configurable amount of money to the capturer. Then, after waiting for the same amount of time again, it gives that same amount of money, and so forth. This only continues as long as the capturer is online and still has the point captured.
    - Attempting to destroy the designated block doesn't do anything (it would come back) unless you have a certain permission, in which case it would destroy the capture point.

Shouldn't be too hard, right? I'd even give it a shot despite knowing almost zero Java, but there are a couple necessary things (such as timers and dealing with Vault) that I don't know how to do.

Ideas for commands:
    - /ffac designate : If it isn't just a sign with a specific line of text on it, this would ask you to left or right click the block that is to be captured. Requires a permission.
    - /ffac undesignate : Opposite of the above.
    - /ffac newowner [playername] : Allows you to set an owner. Only works with online players, and if a player name isn't specified (just typing /ffac newowner), sets it to have no owner (as if the owner had logged out). Requires a permission.

Ideas for permissions:
    - ffac.designate : Grants the ability to either make a capture point sign or use the designate and undesignate commands (depending on which method you decide to use).
    - ffac.newowner : Grants the ability to use the newowner command.

When I'd like it by: Why is this even in the example post? You're the dev, take your time! If no one gets it in time, I'll just use another system. It's not like I'm paying you anything, so treat this like a fun side project.

2. Offline

bradicaljh

This is a cool idea I'm amazed no one has commented yet.

I'll mess around with some ideas and let you know if I decide to make the plugin :p

3. Offline

Magic_Mat

Sounds quite simple, I might consider making

4. Offline

bradicaljh

Just for anyone who might read this also interested something similar, I have in fact been developing this, here is the project page, and I should have a first version up within the next few days. Cheers.