Forum Moderators

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by evilmidget38, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

evilmidget38

Currently the available ranks/roles are:
    Show Spoiler

I've bolded and underlined something I find kind of strange. The only role that is able to moderate the forums(aside from Manager ofc) is an Author. It would be really great if there was another role for this, because, as the bukkit community knows, it takes more than one moderator to moderate a forum.

Jozeth likes this.
  2. Offline

Njol

I support this.

I already have a request from someone who wants to be a mod on my plugin's forums, but I don't want to make him author...

3. Offline

VivaDaylight3

I support this as well, plugin developers have enough to do as it is.

4. Offline

Lolmewn

Needs!

5. Offline

blazee15

Not bad, It's rare that I support these kinds of threads but I can finally give my support for this.

6. Offline

enprim22

I already have a request from someone who wants to be a mod on my plugin's forumI already have a request from someone who wants to be a mod on my plugin's forum

7. Offline

StealthBravo

This is a very good idea, You have my support.

8. Offline

Jacek

It kind of makes sense for the ticket manage to be able to moderate the forum I guess. Maybe that could be possible instead of creating a whole new group.

9. It would make sense...Support.

10. Offline

evilmidget38

I considered suggesting something like that, but it reminds me of plugin permissions. If you bundle too many permissions together, people become sad/angry because maybe they just wanted someone to be a ticket manager, or maybe they just wanted someone to be a forum moderator.

11. Offline

Omnitv

/support

12. Offline

Deleted user

13. Offline

jacklin213

er i kinda get it and i kinda dont but anyway SUPPORT!!!

14. Offline

VivaDaylight3

I support this too!

15. Offline

Gravity

I agree, Ticket Manager should have access to moderating the forum, or otherwise we could ask about creating a forum moderator group. Do you guys have a preference?

16. Offline

Njol

I don't have any preference, choose whatever is easier ^^

17. Offline

Gravity

Probably adding it to the ticket manager would be easier, but more sane? I don't know.

18. Offline

evilmidget38

I personally vote for it's own rank, simply for the same reason that we have permissions in bukkit: Some people don't like having the two necessarily together. Personally though, I wouldn't mind it if it was merged with ticket manager.

19. Offline

ZachBora

I vote for adding to ticket manager

20. Offline

np98765

I'd say throw it in with Ticket Manager as well.

hawkfalcon likes this.
  21. Offline

hawkfalcon

I say make a forum moderator, sometimes I'd like it if people had access to moderating tickets but not the forum and vice versa. But whatever:3

np98765 likes this.
  22. Offline

md_5

I don't see any reason to not have a forum moderator rank, I'll put it on the todo list.

23. Offline

evilmidget38

Thank you, kind sir. Any ETA for something like this?

24. Offline

TnT

We have to reach out to Curse for this, and I will admit I have not had time, and may not have time until next week. We do have a running list of features we bring up with them, and this has been added to that list. No ETA.

25. Offline

evilmidget38

Alright, thanks.

26. Offline

Njol

Any update on this?

27. This thread hasn't been replied back to for like 1 year ;/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.