[FORMATTED] Easy Shout

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iBCoLLiN, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Offline

iBCoLLiN

Plugin category: Chat

Suggested name: EasyShout

What I want: I'd like a global chat plugin! it needs to be compatible with HeroChat and PEX prefixes. I know you can create shout channels with HeroChat but i have problems with that. This would be easy for others too. It also has to have Color support such as & colors. I also want it to have a cooldown timer set to 1 min for default. Also i want a config for this plugin! i want it fully customizable! such as changing the cooldown timer time or the prefix for the shout. Lets say someone shouts, here would be the format on default "[Shout] <prefix><name><suffix>:<msg>" Thanks :) comment with any questions :)

Ideas for commands: /shout <message> or /s <message>

Ideas for permissions: easyshout.bypass to bypass the cooldown timer, easyshout.color to use colors in the shout, And everyone can shout

When I'd like it by: ASAP!!! in a couple of day or so

2. Offline

MrZoraman

What do you mean Compatible with HeroChat? The only things I can think of that would conflict is the chat fomatting, but it looks like you want to define that anyways. Do you mean you don't want herochat to try to take over your chat format? :p

3. Offline

iBCoLLiN

Yep can you code it?

4. Offline

MrZoraman

I'll make it. It seems simple enough that I can finish it tonight, but if that isn't the case, expect it tomorrow night.

5. Offline

iBCoLLiN

alright :) please add me on skype!!!!!!! collinisboss1

Thanks so much! my server is dying for this

6. Offline

MrZoraman

7. Offline

iBCoLLiN

Wow! thanks man so much! can you send the file to me?

Found 2 issues.

1. it doesnt do colors...it looks like this [Shout]&0[&4owner&0]&f

2.defaults cant shout? whats the perm node?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  8. Offline

kezz101

Well you could use HeroChat to do this lol

9. Offline

whitehooder

MrZoraman The color support is quite easy, just replace all &'s with §'s in the string of shouting and minecraft will display it with colors. No reason to joke around with ChatColor and such ;)

Code:
    //String s = message
    s.replaceAll("&", "§");
    That easy :p You probably know this though, but if you didn't heres your help ;)

10. Offline

iBCoLLiN

Yes please do that mrzor it would make it really easy for others

I tired this but....no cooldown timer and people who havent shouted before cant hear it

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

MrZoraman

12. Offline

iBCoLLiN

So i could do &1Hello it would be hello in blue?

Alright....colors work....but.....The tags for pex dont get colored...they just say this &4[OWNER]&f

13. Offline

MrZoraman

Fixed it. New file is uploaded and is awaiting approval.

14. Offline

LegoPal92

15. Offline

iBCoLLiN

Can you add a permission for talking in colors?

16. Offline

MrZoraman

yeah. That will be done by tonight.

17. Offline

iBCoLLiN

Thanks! can you do 1 more thing? its kinda big

18. Offline

MrZoraman

Yeah sure. Sorry about it not being done by 'tonght'. I fell asleep super early for some reason. Anyways, what else do you have in mind?

19. Offline

iBCoLLiN

Alright :) and nvm on the other thing

20. Offline

MrZoraman

Are you sure? Now would be a good time to add in any major functionality. I'm re-writing the plugin for 1: practice, 2: more functionality and 3: just better coding.

21. Offline

iBCoLLiN

No i think i would be the only person who could use it

22. Offline

MrZoraman

could or would?

23. Offline

iBCoLLiN

Would