[formatted] Automatic Survival island

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by alexander7161, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Offline

alexander7161

Plugin category: World generator, fun

Suggested name: Survival island multiplayer

A bit about me: I'm a server owner who loves working with new ideas, the recent "skyblockmultiplayer" server has become very popular and i think this could be just as successful.

What I want: a plugin much like http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/skyblockmultiplayer/ but for survival island, each player gets a survival island generated for them 100x100 and they can invite their friends, the island connect by the water of the schematic and are privated automaticly (worldguard?) ​
    I know the skyblock plugin can use schematics but the spawn has to have bedrock and cant just be a couple of chunks with bedrock at the bottom.

Ideas for commands: /si create /si home /si join <player>

Ideas for permissions:
    survivali.create​
    survivali.addplayer​
    survivali.joinplayer

When I'd like it by: Soon but i don't really mind :p

Similar plugin requests: None.

Devs who might be interested in this: @seadragon91​

2. I've only just started on the whole pluggin thing for bukkit and I've mostly been using source code from other bukkit plugins but I think something is easily possible using something similar to [multiverse-core] where everybody has the permission to create worlds but not delete them. The worlds would be small like you said 100x100 and they would all use a fixed seed,(already possible through server side commands) the seed could be a survival island seed

so in basic terms, it's skyblock but each island is a seperate (but small file size) world
    the players could enable their friends to tp to them by simply editing the permissions of their selected world.

The only down side is that the plugin would require quite a lot of setup steps rather than a simple .jar file in the plugins folder. tell me what you think and maybe discuss this with seadragon91

3. Offline

RingOfStorms

Using multi verse sounds 100 times more complicated then having a world file and just copying it each time.

4. Offline

np98765

Didn't mikeyagoto (hope I got the name right) request something like this? I remember because it's probably the largest project that had lots of interest. :3

5. Offline

mikeyagoto