Fly not working, no matter what I do.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LucioRossari, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LucioRossari

Hello,

I am the Co-Owner of a minecraft server that has a unique problem I can't find a solution to anywhere else. We recently started having a problem with the /fly command not working as it should. No matter how many times anyone(including someone who is opped) types /fly, we always get a messages saying "Fly mode Enabled for user <insert that user's name here>", but are unable to fly. It always gives us this member.

So far, I have tried restarting the server, and double checking my server settings to make sure that Fly Mode is enabled for the server(which it is).

I have console access as well as access to all of the files for the server, so any changes that need to be made can be done by me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Lucio

2. Offline

RawStorm

Hi.

Instead of typing /fly try using /fly yourname I'm not sure if that will work but it's worth a try.

If that doesn't work.
    Try installing Essentials or any other plugin that handles /fly properly. Being an OP in most cases will save you doing all the permissions but sometimes with certain plugins you might have to put permissions in, in order for the commands to work.

Kind Regards,
    RawStorm

3. Offline

frymaster

/fly is not a default command, so this must have been added by a plugin. It might help if you told us which one ;)

4. Offline

LucioRossari

RawStorm:
    We've tried this. Even if I try /fly LucioRossari it says "Set fly mode enabled for LucioRossari" but doesn't allow us to fly. So if we type /fly LucioRossari again, it still says "Set fly mode enabled for LucioRossari" but again doesn't allow us to fly.

frymaster:

We use the Essentials plugin to give us /fly

all groups that need/inherit this plugin have some/all of the following permissions:

Code:
    essentials.fly
    essentials.fly.safelogin
    essentials.fly.*

Sorry, I didn't think to include the part about us using Essentials.

5. Offline

RawStorm

Hi LucioRossari,

The only thing left that I can think of is if use the latest build for Essentials.
    On my server it's working fine however I do have the latest essentials.jar available.

I hope you do dubble-press space on your keyboard to fly..... :)

Kind Regards,
    RawStorm

6. Offline

LucioRossari

yeah, i do lol.... it's not just a problem for me, it's a server-wide problem. i'm almost positive we have the latest essentials plugin, but it wouldn't hurt to check for sure.

7. Offline

Super User

Download the latest from Jenkins.

8. Offline

chad53105

Can we have a list of plugins? A user recently experienced a fly issue due to a plugin confilcting with /fly. Have you tried to fly in /gamemode 1?

9. Offline

LucioRossari

fly in gamemode 1 works

EDIT: Let me get you a list of our plugins

EDIT 2: I'd love to get you that list of plugins, but my server just became nonresponsive...? I'm sending in a support ticket to have my server restored to a previous date, so I'll get that list of plugins when it's back up and running.

EDIT 3: OK, it's back up now, here's my plugins:

plugins (open)
    antiCheat
    bending(Which I can't get rid of -.-)
    chestShop
    clearlag
    coreProtect
    creativeGates
    Enjin Minecraft Plugin
    Essentials
    Essentials GeoIP
    EssentialsXMPP
    Factions
    GroupManager
    JCVaultListener
    Lift
    MultiVerse-Core
    Multiverse-Portals
    NPCWarehouse
    PluginMetrics
    SimpleBackup
    SimpleVoteListener
    SurvivalGames
    Votifier (Not working, btw. I have connection to votifier, but none of my listeners are working...)
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    WorldWarp
    McMMO

10. Offline

LucioRossari

If you'd like, then attached to this post is a copy of my server.log. (I renamed it to server.txt so I could upload it here.)

and on a side note, I keep getting this error: [Server] WARNING No compatible nms block class found. from the console... I know it's attached to worldEdit, but have they released an update to fix it yet?

EDIT: I know I attached it to this post... I just can't see it...... PM me if you'd like a copy of it, i guess :p

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.