Inactive [FIX/RPG] SpawnBed v1.5 - Spawn at your bed (Factions) [1.1R3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Mats391, Aug 11, 2011.

1. SpawnBed - spawn where you sleep

SpawnBed allows you to set your spawnpoint to your bed. It requires no commands and has build in check if the bed is obstructed. You can also add RPG features like allowing only one player per bed or checking for the destruction of the bed. Lastly when you use the Factions plugin you can enable hooking into it and it will only allow you to set your spawn in your territory.

Features:
    • (FIX) Set your spawnpoint to your bed like in SSP
    • (RPG) Allow only one player per bed (configurable)
    • Check for destruction of bed (configurable)
    • Hook into Factions and allow only spawnpoint on your territorySet (configurable)
    Download

Default Config:
    %p will get replaced by the playername
    Code:
    globalSpawnName: global
    onePlayerBed: true
    factionHook: false
    noSleep: false
    multiworld: false
    excludeWorlds: world_nether,world_the_end
    deniedDestruction: §bYou dont have Permission to destroy a SpawnBed.
    bedObstructed: §bYour SpawnBed is obstructed.
    factions:
      deniedUsage: §bYour SpawnBed must be in territory, where you can build in.
      deniedRespawn: §bYour SpawnBed is no longer in territory, where you can build in.
    checking:
      ownBed:
        reply: §bThis is your SpawnBed.
        obstructed: §bIt is obstructed you wont be able to spawn on it.
        territory: §bIt is no longer in territory you can build in, you wont be able to spawn on it.
      otherBed: §bThis bed is already occupied by %p.
    bindBed: §bYou will respawn at this bed.
    unbindBed: §bYou will no longer respawn at this bed.

Permissions:
    Code:
        spawnbed.use:
            description: Allows you to use SpawnBed
            default: true
        spawnbed.destroy:
            description: Allows you to destroy SpawnBeds
            default: true
        spawnbed.reload:
            description: Allows you to reload SpawnBed
            default: op
    Commands:
    Code:
    /sbreload  Reloads the config
    To convert your old "spawns.yml" file to the new System just copy and rename it to "spawns_[globalSpawnName].yml".
    Changelog:

Version 1.5
    • Updated to new Eventsystem
    • New Configfile (delete old one!) (see below)
    • New Permissions (see below)
    • New Savesystem
    • Multiworldsupport with 1 bed per world
    • Costumizable messages
    • Added command to reload /sbreload
    Version 1.3
    • Now can set SpawnBed in every territory you can build in
    • new config option "noSleep" (default: false) turns off sleeping
    • permission node: spawnbed.use (default: true) allows the user to use beds as spawnpoint
    Version 1.12
    • another hotfix
    Version 1.11
    • now realy updated for latest Bukkit ;)
    Version 1.1
    • Updated for latest Bukkit (1185)
    • Left Clicking your SpawnBed will unbind you from the bed

Kain888 and APhilosopher like this.
  2. Offline

EdTheLoon

Doesn't minecraft already do this? It certainly has been doing this with me an I don't use a plugin to do it

Edit: Minecraft doesn't limit it to 1 person per bed and doesn't have the faction features though

3. minecrafts standard bed respawn system never worked for me in smp, mainly due to using other plugins that modify spawn. so i just reinvented the wheel so to speak just to get it to work :D

4. Offline

APhilosopher

omg i love you, i was having a problem with essentials forcing my server players to still spawn at their bed even if it was removed or covered in lava, obviously causing an inescapable loop,

this plugin has fixed that and allowed me to have the bed-spawn/obstructed-defaultspawn function that i want.

thank you.

i even had a thread started to find help for this issue,
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/lava-ontop-of-bed-stuck-in-bed-spawn-death-loop.31293/

5. Offline

Keatrm

O_O If they have the bed underground they spawn on top of ground instead of by the actual bed O_O why is this

6. can you post a picture of the bed in question i will try to recreate it. also are you using any other plugin that performs on spawn checks? eg essentials sometimes causes the behaviour you discribe when you log out close to a wall

7. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Getting this with CB #1160.
    Code:
        2011-09-21 02:00:49 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_RESPAWN to SpawnBed
        java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "-486.0,"
                at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1241)
                at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:540)
                at mats391.spawnbed.SpawnBedPlayerListener.parseLocation(SpawnBedPlayerListener.java:152)
                at mats391.spawnbed.SpawnBedPlayerListener.onPlayerRespawn(SpawnBedPlayerListener.java:103)
                at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:258)
                at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
                at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
                at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.moveToWorld(ServerConfigurationManager.java:248)
                at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.moveToWorld(ServerConfigurationManager.java:213)
                at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:917)
                at net.minecraft.server.Packet9Respawn.a(SourceFile:26)
                at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
                at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:91)
                at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
                at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
                at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
                at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

It still works though.

8. i will update this as soon as we get a RB for 1.8

9. Updated the plugin
    Version 1.1

• Updated for latest Bukkit (1185)
    • Left Clicking your SpawnBed will unbind you from the bed

10. Offline

ProjectInfinity

I can confirm that 1.1 did not fix the errors.
    Code:
        2011-09-22 18:47:15 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_RESPAWN to SpawnBed
        java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "8371.0y"
                at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1241)
                at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:540)
                at mats391.spawnbed.SpawnBedPlayerListener.parseLocation(SpawnBedPlayerListener.java:191)
                at mats391.spawnbed.SpawnBedPlayerListener.onPlayerRespawn(SpawnBedPlayerListener.java:142)
                at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
                at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.moveToWorld(ServerConfigurationManager.java:248)
                at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.moveToWorld(ServerConfigurationManager.java:213)
                at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:927)
                at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)

11. i ve done a hotfix. tell me if the problem still occurs
    download

12. Offline

NazzyDragon

MultiWorld compatible? That would make my day.

13. it should work with multiworld, but has no direct support (yet). you will only be able to have 1 spawnbed across all worlds though

14. Offline

ProjectInfinity

That fixed the error I posted. But the following have started popping up:
    Code:
    2011-09-23 17:07:11 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_RESPAWN to SpawnBed
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.bukkit.Location.getBlock(Location.java:72)
        at mats391.spawnbed.SpawnBedPlayerListener.onPlayerRespawn(SpawnBedPlayerListener.java:141)

15. ^ couldnt recreate that but i made some changes that should be more persistent.
    download

16. Offline

Kronos34

What are the nodes for this

17. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Got this today. v1.12.
    Code:
    2011-09-25 22:12:20 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_RESPAWN to SpawnBed
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
        at mats391.spawnbed.SpawnBedPlayerListener.parseLocation(SpawnBedPlayerListener.java:187)
        at mats391.spawnbed.SpawnBedPlayerListener.onPlayerRespawn(SpawnBedPlayerListener.java:141)

18. again i cant recreate it :<
    please post the spawns.yml entries

19. Offline

ProjectInfinity

20. hmmm, are you using the plugin since 1.7? the changes i made might have broken the entries made back in 1.7, i will try to make universal solution

21. Offline

ProjectInfinity

Yes, I started using it in 1.7.

22. Offline

GordonGrey

Edited

Reason: Lack of reading.

23. easiest fix for your problems would be to reset the spawns.yml than. im working on adding some other stuff i had in mind and next update might take little longer
    i dont realy get what you mean :<

24. Offline

GordonGrey

Edited

Reason: Lack of reading

25. @GordonGrey
    well thats not needed. there is no teleport to your spawnbed, it only changes your respawn point

26. Offline

GordonGrey

I completely mistook your plugin, I am sorry. I realise your intention is a vanilla type bed with no commands.

27. Offline

rmb938

I have a problem with a bed. It is underground which is under a ocean. It spawns you in the ocean. Can you please fix this my players keep dieing in the water.

28. this is most likely caused by another plugin (eg Essentials), i modified it so it should work (only tested with Essentials)
    Download

29. Offline

Draqo

Does this work with Fations 1.5.9 and CB RB 1317?

30. its works with 1317. didnt test with 1.5.9 yet but should work