[FIX][Released] Burning Creative Suite [RB 1185] - What 1.8 Creative Mode was meant to be!

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Ahniolator, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ahniolator

Burning Creative Suite [Released!]

BIG UPDATE: The plugin has been released! Once it's approved, you may download and try it out! :D

Project page: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/burning-creative-suite/

Burning Creative Suite (Or BCS) is a new plugin that I am developing for 1.8.1+. With the release of Creative mode in Minecraft, there has been one thing that I have noticed: When Creative mode players spawn/drop items, they can be picked up and used by Survival mode players. This can possibly ruin gameplay for Survival players, so I have decided to write this plugin.

Planned Features:
    • Configurable! Options will all be optional, and can be disabled
    • Commands! For example, there will be a simple command to toggle what game mode a player is in. (Ex: /bcs toggle)
    • Separate Inventories! When you change to Creative mode, you will be given a separate inventory set. When you change back to Survival mode, you will get the items you had before you changed to Creative Mode
    • Multi-World Inventories! Kinda self-explanatory (Added compatibility with MultiInv. Removed from native code)
    • Creative Block Drops Changed! Blocks that players place in creative mode, when broken won't drop anything!
    • No Dropping for Creative Mode players! Players in Creative Mode will no longer be able to give Survival players any items!
    • Permissions! Everyone always wants the option to let certain players do certain things ;)
    • Preventing players from breaking bedrock at the bottom of the world in Creative mode!
    • Disable Enderman block pickups/placement!
    Current Progress (Overall):
    |||||||||||||||||||| 100%
    Configuration:
    Commands:
    Separate Inventories:
    Multi-World Inventories:
    |||||||||||||||||||| [REMOVED]
    Creative Block Drops Modified:
    No Item Dropping - Creative Mode Players:
    No Bottom-Of-The-World-Bedrock Breaking - Creative Mode Players
    Disable Enderman Block Pickup/Placement:

Permissions for All of the Above:
    FINAL TESTING:

ETA for release: RELEASED September 25, 2011 @ 15:02:37 PST
    Update: The code for both Creative Block Drops and Creative Mode Item Dropping is complete, I just haven't added the option to disable them yet, which is why they are at 95%

Have any suggestions? Post them here! :D

2. Offline

8Keep

Oh. My. God. Need this plugin! Keep working!

3. Offline

Ahniolator

Creative blocks no longer drop items, working on saving them to a file but not quite sure how to do that yet. That part might take a little bit

Hmm... learning new things! I have to redo the creative block drops in order to compensate for saving them to a file because you can't save block objects to a file... Delays, delays... On the bright side, I got the item dropping disabled for creative players :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  4. Offline

Ahniolator

Uploaded an Early Alpha version on BukkitDev for a first look at what the plugin currently does. Please note many things may change, and there could be many bugs that I am unaware of. These bugs could possibly corrupt maps/inventories/etc, so please use at your own risk

5. Offline

gameswereus

I'll be using this when a stable build comes out :p

6. Offline

Ahniolator

Added disabling Enderman block pickups :D

7. Offline

gameswereus

I heard Notch was nerfing that.

8. Offline

Ahniolator

Well, it hasn't happened yet so it will be nice to have in the meantime

Added a few commands:

/bcs toggle [player]
    Toggles the game mode of yourself or the specified [player]. (Requires bcs.admin permissions node*)

/bcs clearinv
    Clears your inventory**

* This is subject to, and likely to, change before release
    ** This is a command that was used to help with the debugging process. Could be removed before release

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the separate inventories for creative/survival modes working. This part, and the multi-world functionality of the inventories, will probably be the most difficult part of the plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

gameswereus likes this.
  9. Offline

jasvecht

Instead of multi world inventories, why not recommend MultiInv? It's a fully functional plugin for it and it may be better to support it yourself instead of reinventing the wheel.

For the rest, nice idea!

10. Offline

Ahniolator

I actually do recommend MultiInv, but changing the inventories between creative and survival modes actually breaks compatibility with MultiInv because you could go into another world, change to survival, and then go back and you would have the creative inventory you had before. That is why I am adding multiworld inventories.

Trust me, if there was an easier way that I could think of, I would do it :p

11. Offline

jasvecht

How about simply removing the items on a gamemode change, logging them, placing them back when the gamemode changes again ? And for multi-world, hook into MultiInv?

GatsbyTheGreat likes this.
  12. Offline

Ahniolator

I'm talking to the developer for MultiInv to see if we can find a solution. In the end, I will probably remove multiworld functionality in terms of the inventory management, and completely remove all inventory management for this plugin if MultiInv is enabled

Update: The above has been implemented

13. I have 2 suggestions: 1. make it so that creative players cant store stuff in chests. 2. to make zones where creative mode isnt allowed or the other way round :)

14. Offline

Ahniolator

@Soviet Ostrich
    1. Overlooked that one, and furnaces too. I'll add them to the Todo
    2. That is a little more difficult, but I'll see what I can do

Edit: 1. Finished, creative players can place and remove furnaces/chests/dispensers, but cannot access their respective "inventories"

15. Offline

Ahniolator

Everything is finished! Entering the final testing phase, after which I will upload the first release! :D

It has been finished and released! Thanks to everyone who helped me (or at least made an attempt to) get through all the problems that I had writing it! Check my signature or the OP for a link to the project page :)

Dec64 likes this.
  16. Offline

Dec64

Have you got a download link? i assume its waiting to be approved on dev.bukkit.

17. Offline

Ahniolator

18. Offline

Dec64

19. Offline

Rogueleader89

was running well but appears to be the cause of the server lag i've been getting over the past day, had to uninstall. Assuming the lag can be fixed it seems like a very useful plugin.

20. Offline

Ahniolator

All of the features can be disabled, do you know which one is the source of the lag? I'm not having any problems on my side.

21. Offline

Milkywayz

So you basically left this to die? Its a shame it was a good plugin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.