Inactive [FIX/MECH] BananaChunk v5.0 - Stuck in a lag hole? Request a chunk resend [R1.3]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, May 31, 2011.

1. Offline

codename_B

BananaChunk
    No more getting stuck in lagholes!

Version: 5.0

Download: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bananachunk/

Features: Allows users to request a chunk resend if they're stuck in a lag-hole. From version 4.6 onwards there should be no lag holes from teleporting, ever.

Commands:
    /chunkme
    Configuration: None
    Source: Included in the .jar

Changelog:
    • v1-4.3 30/05/2011-unreleased, experimented with the best way to get a chunk
    • v4.4 31/05/2011- released awesome plugin. Saved servers everywhere.
    • v4.5 31/05/2011- fixed invisible players bug.
    • v4.6 02/06/2011 - added teleport lag hole fix
    • v5.0 14/09/2012 - back by popular demand

2. Offline

LlmDl

You can do the command anytime, but the chunks are sent automatically if you fall into a void, even ones you just find. Sounds like your server is overloaded though, I haven't seen a missing chunk in forever now.

3. Offline

redcrew

This being my favorite anti lag plugin i would like to ask you if you can add it to dev.bukkit.org so it can be up dated automatically by servers with a lot of plugins?

4. Offline

micdoodle8

So when you say lag holes, do you mean world holes, the ones where you fall into the void, or the ones that you step on and they appear again? :S

Thanks, I will try this out

5. PermissionsEX support? ^^

Recommended.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  6. Offline

micdoodle8

Please add this to bukkitdev, This plugin saved so much work and hassle on my server. Thanks mate

7. Offline

wildgoose2

THIS THING WORKS! I HAD ALL THESE LAG HOLES AND NOW THEY ARE FIXED! Thank you!

8. Offline

codename_B

Sorry didn't see people still posting on this heh, I'll need to update it at some point :3

9. Offline

PseudoKnight

Why isn't this built into Bukkit? Sometimes I test not using it, and within the day someone complains that they got either stuck in an unloaded chunk or fell through the world. As far as I'm concerned, this is a necessary plugin if you do any teleporting.

10. Offline

clownfish

@codename_B Our server loves this plugin. I look forward to your update on this! Thanks for making it! :)

11. Offline

alexschacher

The link to download this is broken, and I really need this plugin.

12. Offline

silentdojo

The download link is not down I just tested it. Maybe you need to scroll down after clicking the link in the OP.

13. Offline

alexschacher

My fault, i was using Internet Explorer and it was giving some strange error screen. Using chrome fixed it though, thanks.

14. Offline

titog176

it did stop some lag but when i try placing a block it begins to lag why?!?!?!?!? =.= really pissed off now

15. Offline

PseudoKnight

lol, this plugin doesn't prevent lag.

16. Offline

PseudoKnight

Version 4.6 just passed six months! This is by far the oldest plugin I still use. The next oldest installed is CleanroomGenerator (July 20th) followed by PermissionsBukkit (August 22nd).

17. Offline

in0de

Anyone could confirm that this plug-in is safe to use under MC 1.1 and latest CB dev build?

My server had serious chunk corruption problem when generating and loading a chunk,
    which seemed like using old 1.0 map generator module, eventually destroys the whole map.

But no idea which plug-in is messing around the logic among NoLagg, Spout, and BananaChunk.

It is my understanding that this plug-in only intervene and reclaim the designated chunk
    where the player's teleporting to. No chance of calling Map generator.

Am I correct?

18. Offline

PseudoKnight

I run it on my 1.1 with no problems. It's NoLagg and Spout that have been known to have issues on 1.1. And Spout, in particular, is known to have map corruption issues, even before 1.1 (as I had to remove it for that very reason), but especially on the recent development builds. Stone was being removed in whole chunks.

Here's the appropriate BananaChunk code:
    Code:
     public void onPlayerTeleport(PlayerTeleportEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    World world = player.getWorld();
    Chunk chunk = world.getChunkAt(event.getTo());
    int chunkx = chunk.getX();
    int chunkz = chunk.getZ();
    world.refreshChunk(chunkx, chunkz);
      }
    Looks like it just resends the chunk after a teleport. It's a very small plugin that fixes a very small but significant problem.

19. Offline

muggerfugger

wow thanks so much for this! i keep spawning into holes. Annoying as hell.

This seems to have fixed the holes for me (latest minecraft,latest craftbukkit).
    Why the hell isnt this built into minecraft to begin with?
    I hope that someone continues this mod, if it is infact dead.

Thankfully it still works.

20. Offline

quaz3l

codename_B Please update for 1.2 or maybe a source link?

21. Offline

codename_B

Source is in .jar - but will update it soon too!

22. Offline

quaz3l

Thanks!

23. Offline

codename_B

24. Offline

quaz3l

25. Offline

in0de

MC 1.2.3 / CB R0.1 B2032
    raises errors.

26. Offline

quaz3l

Details? This really doesn't help anyone. Just saying.

codename_B I realized in your new version (bpermissions.com/1.2) you took out the preprocess event, might want to look at that...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

27. Offline

PseudoKnight

LlmDl likes this.
  28. Offline

codename_B

http://bpermissions.com/1.2/BananaChunk.jar

dev build

Is the command still necessary? I'll add it back then.

29. Offline

quaz3l

It does help.

30. Offline

Darkhand81

Thanks!

Chunks are being resent onTeleport (which is the main issue anyway), but looking at the source the slash command isn't tied to anything.

31. Offline

mushroomhostage

I noticed this too, the onCommand() handler does send the "Chunk reset" chat message to the player but the call to //SendChunk is commented out. I suppose it should be calling the same code as in BCPlayerListener onPlayerTeleport().