First Time Server Plugin Check

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ZachBail, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ZachBail

Hello,
    I was just looking for some feedback about this plugin list I've come up with during my research over the past few days. I want to start a Vanilla donation based server with only vanilla building and a digital currency economy to start with. I'll add games and other play types (creative, factions, and so on) once I'm more comfortable with running a server and using the plugins. But to start I'm thinking just a spawn area with a shop where people can buy and sell items + an xp farm and a nether portal. I'm not sure if what I have here has player based land claiming which is something I would really like to have.
    Any help with the list would be great. Like if I have multiple plugs that do the same or if you could suggest better ones than the ones I have listed here. Thanks

Vault
    WorldGuard
    WorldEdit
    Essentials
    Essentials Economy
    GroupManager
    Chest Shop
    Orebfuscator
    GreifPrevention
    McEdit
    WorldBorder
    DynMap
    Prism
    Frame Protector
    NoCheatPlus
    SuperCensor
    *Referrals
    Help Pages
    *Votifier
    VanishNoPacket
    Lockette
    ColoredSigns 2.0
    ServerSigns
    AutoSaveWorld
    *BuyCraft

* - Not going to install till my website is up and player base is established

2. Offline

omon23

You don't need OpenInv because I think you can do that with essentials. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Offline

Freack100

Never use multiple anti-cheat plugins. They might "bite" eachother.

4. Multiple anti cheating plugins usually conflict in several ways...
    E.g. they can become less effective because they have different limits/methods, so if one plugin cancels a players action, the other plugin might not even register that action, thus is not able to judge it right anymore.
    The other kind of problem is differing methods to prevent players actions, the ways to undo actions, e.g. preventing too fast moving, could create even more unpleasant effects, such as the vanilla server fly check allowing fly exploits if run alongside with a plugins anti-fly check, or set-back teleporting loops.

So my suggestion for this is to somehow find out which plugin you prefer, by testing both individually for a while, then decide which one to use. If you want to use "best of both" at all cost, you will have to disable either plugins checks for the same kind of cheats - i.e. only use one plugins moving/fly checks and disable the others.

5. Offline

Bobcat00

For land claiming, consider GriefPrevention.

To combat x-rayers, consider Orebfusicator.

You could probably use Essentials Economy instead of iConomy. iConomy is slow.

Consider Group Manager instead of PermissionsEx.

Consider Prism instead of CoreProtect.

6. Offline

ZachBail

Great info guys, Thank you. I've changed the list to reflect all your knowledge so far.
    I don't have any experience with any of these plugins yet so I'd rather just go with your preffs to begin with rather than learning one and then another.

Also, I choose AnitCheat, If anyone thinks NoCheat+ is stronger please correct me.

I've also seen that it's fairly easy to change help lists on your own without a plugin. Is this correct?

Added OpenInv back on, all I saw on the Essentials wiki was a clearinventory of a player rather than check and pull/add things from/to it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  7. Offline

JaguarJo

The essentials command for checking other players' inventory is /invsee <playername> . Doing that lets you see that player's inventory and edit it as you like. The permission nodes for it are essentials.invsee (gives perms to look), essentials.invsee.modify (gives perms to edit), and essentials.invsee.preventmodify (prevents others from editing user with this perm).

8. Offline

ZachBail

Nice, Thanks Jaguar Jo and omon23 sorry for doubting.

HA, switched over to NoCheatPlus once I saw that asofold was on the dev team. Thanks again for the detailed info.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.