Solved Finding a Plugin

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AyshineMatt, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AyshineMatt

I recently went on someone's server, and if you walked over an area, it changes what group you're in. So, for example, let's say I'm at point A. To become a member, I must get to point C. I walk through point B, read signs in the spawn, then when I reach C, there's an announcement that says "You're now a member! Type /blah blah blah". You get it. Has anyone heard of this plugin?

2. Offline

chad53105

Just a thought, but can worldguard execute commands upon region entry? if so, maybe it can /manuaddp $u [GROUP]?

3. Offline

AyshineMatt

chad53105 Not sure if WorldGuard can do that. Can it?

4. Offline

chad53105

xiMatt
    No idea, i was just throwing that out there. There is a plugin called AsknSelfPromote, it handles a few variables, but not region entry/exit. You can view it here:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/asknselfpromote/

I am still trolling the dev to see what I can find. This has sparked my interest.

5. Offline

AyshineMatt

Not sure if this'll work:

Set up a command block, set up a pressure plate. They walk over the pressure plate. Within the command block, have the command that promotes them to a member. So, when they walk over the pressure plate, it'll execute the command. But, I'm not sure if they would still have to have the permissions for the command? And also, the permissions to interact with it.

6. Offline

chad53105

xiMatt
    I am guessing this plugin with world guard/edit will execute the desired command upon entry to a region:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/regioncommand/

Thus it may even /manpromote [GROUP] if the command can run like that.

Command blocks don't work like that...i tried.

xiMatt likes this.
  7. Offline

AyshineMatt

Aha, thanks!

8. Offline

chad53105

i do see a problem with it, what if a user comes back to the quiz as a higher rank and enters that zone again? would they go back to the old rank?

9. Offline

AyshineMatt

This was what I was planning to do. The default group "Noob", and everyone in it will have no permissions, other then MOTD, rules, etc. After they pass the quiz, and go over the area, they will be promoted to "Builder" or "Member". When they are in that group, they will have access to the command "/warp blahblah", in that case, they type that, and they're sent out of the quiz :)

10. Offline

chad53105

ahh, so no chance of coming back to that region. That makes sense. A first time spawn, then a default world spawn after that.

11. Offline

LiLChris

You can probably accomplish this with Command Blocks. ;)

12. Offline

chad53105

LiLChris
    standard command blocks only do certain commands per the wiki. Now if you are talking about the plugin, that may be so.
    xiMatt
    If you get this working, let me know. I would love to add this functionality to my server as a "bonus" for those who complete my quiz. Maybe grant a bonus tiered rank system for those who do the rules. Right now i use ontime to auto promote users who have spent in game hours playing.

13. Offline

LiLChris

Command blocks work with plugins, as long as the plugin can execute the command in the console.
    Command blocks = Console Commands

So this is possible if you do it right. :)
    There is a dozen quiz plugins if you prefer going that route, might be easier for you.

14. Command blocks might do it.

RSP uses WorldGuard for region-specific permission manipulations (also transient).

zPermissions is a fully featured permissions plugin with WorldGuard-region support (and maybe more), unless i am mistaken.

15. Offline

chakyl

VariableTriggers, with AreaTriggers.

16. Offline

chad53105

LiLChris
    yeah they do console commands and group manager allows for console usage of /manuadd and so forth. but when i did a command block with /manuadd @p(or whatever the variable was for nearest player) novice it didn't work for me.

17. Offline

LiLChris

You don't use / in console, remove it and it will work.

chad53105 likes this.
  18. Offline

chad53105

LiLChris
    I shall...lets see if this works. Thanks!

19. Offline

AyshineMatt

I'm trying to use command blocks, this is what I'm putting in it:

"manuadd @p member Spawn"

Still doesn't work.

20. Offline

Necrodoom

GM commands are blocked from commandblocks as of right now, make a ticket on assembla, il see if i can change it.

21. Offline

chad53105

xiMatt
    any luck with the worldguard region commands?

22. Offline

AyshineMatt

chad53105 I didn't use any WorldGuard, but, I did use chakyl 's suggestion. VariableTriggers, with the script command @CMDCO and using the Walk Trigger, it works perfect! :) Therefore, problem solved :)

chakyl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.