Files not saving/loading propertly and causing information loss.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Brocodo, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Brocodo

CB version: 1.4.5-R0.2

Hi,

im a server developer and have several issues with plugins and non of the plugins can help me with my problem, becouse they believe that this has nothing to do with their code.

First of all, it started with the 'Too many files open' error. I got that error since 1.4.5.
    Also plugins like Heroes, Essentials and Permissions were losing information, like they didn't save player information. Sometimes players completely lose all their information.

For example, their permissions rank, heroes levels (Sometimes some information, and sometimes all their information), and essentials information like their location, inventory and money.

I found on the internet that i needed to allow more files to open on my dedicated server, so we moved to another host that would do that for us, becouse our previous one wouldn't. And that solved the 'Too many open files' error, but NOT the losing of player information.

I realy have NO IDEA how to fix this or knowing what it is. I don't get any errors about files being saved or loaded, except for the heroes error: 'Hero with duplicated player object reloaded...etc.' but that could be anything. This is a very big problem becouse players often lose their rank or mostly their heroes level. The heroes developers told me that they can't help me and i realy don't know how i can fix this.

Also i found strange behaviour (Sorry for bad english). When we were building our new map for our server, we privated a lot of chests with the plugin LWC. Then the server had lagg spikes and when we stopped protecting chests it stopped. This is realy wierd becouse we have a good dedicated server. We have a XEON i7 intel processor with 4 cores (2.66), so that would be just fine for some protections. Also when i claim a lot of land with the plugin 'Factions' it does the same thing.

With this all together i really think there is something wrong with saving files or loading it.
    I think that a plugin is writing a lot of files or is creating a loop or something. But the only plugins that save a lot of thinks are:
    - Logblock
    - LWC
    - Heroes
    - Essentials

I checked all of them and nothing is wrong with the plugin. They're up to date and working fine, except for the saving problem ofcourse. I never found anyone that has the same problems with the plugins so i thought it was a global saving problems, and that some plugins are causing more damage than others.

Could someone please help me? Thanks for your time!

¬ Brocodo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.